-   -   Mixed Chicks (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/159666-mixed-chicks.html)

mom2girlsnboy 06-21-2013 07:16 PM

Mixed Chicks

Can anyone tell me their experiences with these products? Thanks

curlylocs232 06-22-2013 01:45 AM

They worked well at first for my daughters 3c hair but can be quite drying for her, which then leads to lots of knots. My daughters hair needs more moisture so I use kccc with added olive oil (quite a heavy oil) which keeps her moisturised. I think it'd work better for finer hair like your daughters. I've read your other posts about your difficulties with your daughters hair so I'd use the mixed chicks website if I were you. The founders show you how to not brush the hair after applying the product and how to 'pineapple' as another member suggested on another thread. I would recommend giving it a go by ordering some sample sizes. Her hair looks like the 'perfect candidate' for mixed checks products! x

CurlyCutie1394 06-22-2013 05:41 AM

Their products dried my hair out. My hair looked stringy compared to my nice clumped 3c curls with my usual products and 2nd day hair never happened. I wouldn't recommend their products to any of my friends even if they are a "mixed chick"

curliegirlie30 07-08-2013 10:23 AM

I apologize because I haven't read anything about your daughter's hair or what you're looking for. I can tell you as a "mixed chick" this was one of the first products I tried. I actually used it for awhile because I didn't know there were other products out there. Not only was the leave in conditioner super expensive, it didn't give me nearly enough hold. It doesn't make your hair crunchy, but it left me with a lot of frizzies. I have 3b hair with lowish porosity :)

FrizzBgone 07-23-2013 08:20 PM

I didn't like them either. It dried my hair out and didn't do anything to encourage the curls. There are much better brands out there