MopTop Curly Custard

On the road (and in the air) again, but I wanted to share my impressions of MopTop's latest styling product, Curly Custard: Wow! and it's a keeper! If you want definition, elongation, and something that's resistant to high humidity, you'll like this.

A little goes a long way, and once in your hair, it slicks out any tangles. And it dries quickly while leaving a shine. If you use too much, just use a little water on it or let the steam from the shower soften your hair. It's water soluble, dries clear, and "plays well" with leave-ins.
Originally Posted by Greatcurls
I second that : )
"Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!
I'm bumping this thread because a friend of mine received a sample of this product and she's really liking it. She's keeping a hair journal right now, so you can see what Mop Top Curly Custard does for her.

When considering the ingredients, it looks like something that my hair might like. From what I've understood, it's relatively light and it has nice hold. Is this right? My hair gets weighed down so easily and I need some hold, otherwise my curls become waves again.

Another questions is whether you can get it in Wallmart or some similar store. My boyfriend is currently in the US so I could ask him to bring me some.

Please let me know

Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number

Please let me know
Originally Posted by Lauraimes
Lauramies, you're correct that it's light and has a nice hold. Since it is a concentrated product, the key is using a small amount, especially the first time you apply the product to your hair.

Mop Top products are not available in Walmart. The site has a salon/locator where they can be bought.

HTH
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...
Winter Regimen
Smooth Sexy Hair Sulfate-Free Smoothing Conditioner
LI/Detangler: It's a 10!, CURLS Cashmere Curls leave-in
Stylers: various
Sealers: Tamanu oil, The Body Shop Wild Argan Solid Oil

*experimenting and loving it!

Based on reviews, MTCC seems like one of those products a lot of people fall head over heals for, or fantastically hate. Some of the hate may come from glycerin being so high on the ingredients list.

A similar love/hate inspiring styler is Heaven in Hair (Devacurl). It has glycerin as its second ingredient too.

My hair generally hates concentrated glycerin at just about any dew point, but loves HIH by Deva on a temporary basis (all those quats/polyquats create nasty buildup). I'd try MTCC but I don't want my curls elongated lol ... But maybe if I used less than usual I could preserve the springiness ... hmmm
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums
Funny, I really liked it in the higher dewpoints. Have to remember to use it. Now that our dewpoints are normal, it's okay. I have things I like better. May need to use another layer of product with it.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix and CCCC
Hmmm. HIH seems to work for me in all dew points. Go figure

You know what finally did me in was FSG (at least temporarily). Well, I'm sure I'll rotate back to it, but for now I can't use it because it completely over-conditioned me. I think that's because I didn't realize how high the humidity had climbed. The other problem is that I tend to be heavy handed with product, including the FSG. FSG is great in general, though, so moisturizing and (at least for me) added so much body. But as usual, the lesson is: Moderation. Moderation. Moderation!
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

Hmm I don't need my curls to be elongated. If anything, I rather have the contrary happening!

Ah, FSG... Such a fantastic gel. I just think it is convenient to have something else at hand, too.
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Looking for a new low poo
Protein: IAGirl's gelatine treatment
Detangler & LI: KCKT
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
I got a sample of this with my most recent curlmart purchase. I will have to try this out!
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
This is a nice product but just isn't for me. I've tried it in high and low dew points, with and without leave ins and I just can't get the hold I need. It leaves my hair too soft but it is shiny and smells great. It is on the swap board, if interested.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products