-   -   CJ Daily fix vs jessicurl cleansing cream (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/160451-cj-daily-fix-vs-jessicurl-cleansing-cream.html)

Aabida 07-13-2013 09:41 AM

CJ Daily fix vs jessicurl cleansing cream

Which one cleanses and conditions better?

Aabida 07-13-2013 12:53 PM

?

Firefox7275 07-13-2013 06:08 PM

It's better not to expect your cleansing product to do more than cleanse super gently without stripping, you should be rinsing every last trace away or you risk build up. You use another three conditioners (RO, LI, deep) to 'moisturise' your hair, that should be plenty if you have selected the right products.

chloe92us 07-13-2013 08:59 PM

I haven't tried the JC, but the daily fix is HG for me. Cleans like a a low poo but leaves my hair feeling conditioned as well. I just love it!

Corrina777 07-13-2013 11:18 PM

I'm also a very big fan of CJ Daily Fix. I tried Jessicurl and didn't care for it at all.

FrizzBgone 07-23-2013 08:19 PM

I use both but CJ Daily Fix is my favourite. It is more moisturizing and more conditioner-like than Jessecurl HC.

I do like both products though. I like to rotate my products. Jessecurl's HCC and CJ's DF are always products I have on hand.

asianrunner 07-24-2013 10:31 PM

I agree, CJ DF seems much more moisturizing and conditioning. It's a bit tricky to use since you need to add water as you're cleansing your scalp. Doesn't really "suds up" like a traditional cleanser.

wavydaze 07-25-2013 12:12 AM

kathymack 07-25-2013 05:44 AM

Can CJ Daily Fix technically remove cones since it has c. betaine?

If coco b removes cones in other formulations, why wouldn't it remove them in the DF?

In order to make the DF easier to use, I keep another bottle with some of it diluted. I've never had an issue with it going bad, even though I add the water. I only use it every 3-6 weeks for it's chelating properties.

Geek_Chic 07-25-2013 11:59 AM

Can CJ Daily Fix technically remove cones since it has c. betaine?

The major ingredients that make up the majority of a product are the first 5 (after water). Daily Fix has Coca. Betaine as the 5th ingredient, which should be plenty to remove silicones. Curl Junkie's site says Daily Fix "is able to remove all but the heaviest silicones and oils/waxes as well as removing most mineral deposits (if you have "hard" water)."

wavydaze 07-28-2013 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by kathymack (Post 2194215)

Can CJ Daily Fix technically remove cones since it has c. betaine?

I hear you. Well, in all of the low-poos that I've had c. betaine wasn't the only cleansing ingredient, and I imagine that the cleansing ingredients work together and boost each other so to speak. Hence the c. betaine would be aided in low poos with plenty other surfactants in a way that it might not be aided in a product (whether creamy base or non-creamy) where it exists by its lonesome.

Concentration of surfactants, not just type probably has a lot to do with how gentle or strong a cleanser is. Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly the concentration of cleansing ingredients.... 2 low-poos with identical ingredients but differing formulations can differ in strength. Generally I avoid low-poos with c. betaine as the second ingredient. Technically though, a low-poo with a gentle surfactant in high concentration can cease to be gentle, while a low-poo with a stronger surfactant in much lower concentration can be gentler. I've been thinking a lot about this lately... sometimes it's just hard to tell ahead of time how gentle a low-poo will be. The order of ingredients may not be enough to really tell the whole picture, though it is helpful obviously.

Geekchic, thanks for your input.

I'll add this cleansing condish to my to-try list.

Aabida 07-28-2013 08:50 PM

Thanks for all the very useful information! I'm about to finish an 8oz bottle of the jessicurl and I want to order a 32oz bottle. I'll go with the Daily fix as it's quite arid over here all year round.