CJ Daily fix vs jessicurl cleansing cream

• 1 Post By kathymack

Which one cleanses and conditions better?

?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CurlTalk App
It's better not to expect your cleansing product to do more than cleanse super gently without stripping, you should be rinsing every last trace away or you risk build up. You use another three conditioners (RO, LI, deep) to 'moisturise' your hair, that should be plenty if you have selected the right products.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
I haven't tried the JC, but the daily fix is HG for me. Cleans like a a low poo but leaves my hair feeling conditioned as well. I just love it!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I'm also a very big fan of CJ Daily Fix. I tried Jessicurl and didn't care for it at all.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I use both but CJ Daily Fix is my favourite. It is more moisturizing and more conditioner-like than Jessecurl HC.

I do like both products though. I like to rotate my products. Jessecurl's HCC and CJ's DF are always products I have on hand.
I agree, CJ DF seems much more moisturizing and conditioning. It's a bit tricky to use since you need to add water as you're cleansing your scalp. Doesn't really "suds up" like a traditional cleanser.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Beauticurls, CJ A&OO, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: Mop C, KCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Can CJ Daily Fix technically remove cones since it has c. betaine?
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

Recent findings: my hair likes Cure Care diluted with water as a cowash; does NOT like guar h.c.!

iherb discount code: CFN646
Originally Posted by wavydaze
If coco b removes cones in other formulations, why wouldn't it remove them in the DF?

In order to make the DF easier to use, I keep another bottle with some of it diluted. I've never had an issue with it going bad, even though I add the water. I only use it every 3-6 weeks for it's chelating properties.
rapunzel4ever likes this.

Originally Posted by wavydaze
The major ingredients that make up the majority of a product are the first 5 (after water). Daily Fix has Coca. Betaine as the 5th ingredient, which should be plenty to remove silicones. Curl Junkie's site says Daily Fix "is able to remove all but the heaviest silicones and oils/waxes as well as removing most mineral deposits (if you have "hard" water)."
CG since 11/2011

Stylers: FSG, AIF,
Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's (link) as needed

Originally Posted by kathymack
I hear you. Well, in all of the low-poos that I've had c. betaine wasn't the only cleansing ingredient, and I imagine that the cleansing ingredients work together and boost each other so to speak. Hence the c. betaine would be aided in low poos with plenty other surfactants in a way that it might not be aided in a product (whether creamy base or non-creamy) where it exists by its lonesome.

Concentration of surfactants, not just type probably has a lot to do with how gentle or strong a cleanser is. Sometimes it's hard to tell exactly the concentration of cleansing ingredients.... 2 low-poos with identical ingredients but differing formulations can differ in strength. Generally I avoid low-poos with c. betaine as the second ingredient. Technically though, a low-poo with a gentle surfactant in high concentration can cease to be gentle, while a low-poo with a stronger surfactant in much lower concentration can be gentler. I've been thinking a lot about this lately... sometimes it's just hard to tell ahead of time how gentle a low-poo will be. The order of ingredients may not be enough to really tell the whole picture, though it is helpful obviously.

Geekchic, thanks for your input.

I'll add this cleansing condish to my to-try list.
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

iherb discount code: CFN646
Thanks for all the very useful information! I'm about to finish an 8oz bottle of the jessicurl and I want to order a 32oz bottle. I'll go with the Daily fix as it's quite arid over here all year round.