CJ Curl Rehab v Deep Fix?

• 2 Post By MaggieT

I now have both of these lovely products and am trying to figure out what the differences are between them? I've been using CR as a DT for a long time and really like it. Just got the DF from a swap this week, and so far have tried it as a RO and LI -- both good! But if others use both products, I'd love to know why you pick one and not the other on any given day. Thanks!
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
I emailed Marsha from CJ about these products, and she told me the Rehab was designed for low to normal porosity, and the Deep Fix for normal to high porosity due to the higher amount of oils/ emollients in that product.

I have high porosity, and have been using the Rehab and love it! But, I will be ordering the DF next to see if it makes a difference and may be better for my hair.

Since you're low porosity, I will be curious to see which you prefer.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
What I don't understand is how are you supposed to know what to get if you're just normal-normal porosity? I don't know whether I need low-normal or high-normal! I'm getting hella samples from KathyMack, lol (and my kids would chastise me for being old and saying "hella").
3a/b, fine, normal porosity, high density

Wash: CJ Daily Fix, As I Am, TJs TTT
RO: YTB
LI: Suave TC + CJ CCCC, brushed through with Denman
Styling: Smooth in LAL Wet Look gel, scrunch, and plop 10 minutes, then add a little more gel, cover with silk cap, and sleep on it
Refresh: 3:1 water/Suave mix as needed
Originally Posted by CurlyInTheFog
I would say choose based on other things your hair likes. If it gets weighed down by butters/oils, go with Curl Rehab. If you tend to use and like heavier products, go wih Deep Fix.

I think the Rehab is well tolerated by most curlies so that would be the safe bet.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
my hair is normal porosity and i use both.

i use deep fix as my dt, ro and leave in. curl rehab is a great leave in when i want something lighter, less emollients. i mostly use curl rehab in mid dew points, deep fix in low dew points -- in that 'in between area i rotate. cr does not have protein so i find if i use it exclusively i need a little protein fix. df has a little protein in it.

they are both very moisturizing, high quality. df has more emollients and a tiny bit of protein. curl rehab has no protein.

in high dews i've been using beauticurls leave in as my leave in, love it!
i think you can't go wrong with any of the cj conditioners, some better for each hair type.

you can look at the selection guide on the cj website for a sense of what your hair might like -- not an absolute, but a good starting point.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
They are both good products! Rbb, thanks as ever for your input. I am just sort of sWitching back and forth with both right now, still liking both a lot -- maybe DF even better? What I'm finding it's awesome for: if I'm on day 3 hair and my ends are starting to fray a little, I mix a dollop of it with water and scrunch the curls. Nice, well defined texture again! Marsha really knows her stuff, I tell you what!
chloe92us and SuzyQ3 like this.
3b, fine, medium density, low porosity
CG for 10+ years!
Wash: CJ Daily Fix
Rinse-out: CJ Argan/Olive, Regis Olive Oil, something by Giovanni?
DT: CJ Hair Rehab, CJ Repair Me
Leave-in: CJ CCCC Lite
Styling: Deva Styling Lotion (HG!!)
I have normal-high porosity and my hair hated Deep Fix. I love Curl Rehab and use it as a rinse out and deep treament.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix