Old 07-26-2013, 06:41 AM   #1

Thumbs down Sadly, DermOrganic volume foam wasn't for me :(

I just thought I'd give my two cents regarding the DermOrganic volume foam, since there doesn't seem to be many reviews of it around here...

I had high hopes for it since it seemed to have really good ingredients, but unfortunately it didn't mesh well with my hair. Maybe there's something in it that my hair doesn't like, but it made it kind of dry and frizzy and didn't really give much volume. (For some reason, I feel like every organic product I've ever bought has dried out my hair... weird)

I was hoping to find something comparable to the Deva foam for a cheaper price, but this one didn't make the cut. Taking this one back to Ulta!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:59 AM   #2

Join Date: Mar 2013

I had the same experience with the mousse, we have the same curl pattern what are your hair properties? I just started using Giovanni mousse ( have to check for the exact name) , I use it under la looks and/or BRHG and it really gives me awesome volume.
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Old 07-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #3

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls View Post
I think we have really similar hair, and we use a lot of similar products! Mine is mostly high-porosity, fine, and low/medium density (thinner at the front). I saw another rec for the Giovanni mousse, I just haven't found it yet... I saw that someone got it at Walmart, so I might have to make a special trip there.

What do you find works best for you in terms of DTs/PTs?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #4

Join Date: Mar 2013

I ordered the mousse online, I live in such a small town it is almost impossible to get most things on the ground
I don't do regular DT's my hair will get over conditioned really fast, once in a while I distribute coconut oil in my hair and leave it in overnight , cowashing exclusively doesn't work for me either , I low poo 1-2 times a week with shea moisture shampoo or natures gate. Because of the weather here I have to wash daily, it is hot and very very humid ( high 70's all the time ) and right now I PT every 5 days. I could probably use it even more, my hair eats protein for breakfast lunch and dinner.
I use the gelatin PT, if I add a few drops of jojoba oil/grape seed oil I need very little conditioner to detangle after.
I just saw I need to add to my signature

Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #5

Join Date: Jul 2013

I'm still not sure of what my hair needs, so I'm still experimenting. All I know is that my hair tends to dry relatively quickly and gets really tangled, dry, and stringy right out of the shower if it doesn't like the conditioner I'm using. I bought the stuff for the gelatin PT so I'm excited to try that this weekend - thanks for the oils tip
Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #6

Join Date: Mar 2013

Let me know how the PT turns out!
I had the dry tangled hair straw like hair when it was wet, I am pretty sure it was build up from polyquats, I had to use a clarifying shampoo several times to get rid of the build up, just a thought.
I'm still having way too much fun experimenting on my daughters and my hair

Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #7

Join Date: Jul 2013

Thanks, I wouldn't have even thought of that! I'm not sure if anything I've been using has polyquats in it, but I noticed that when my stylist did a vitamin c cleanse on my hair, it was way less frizzy and more manageable. Maybe I'll try that before I resort to sulfates
Old 07-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #8

wavydaze's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013

I have the DermOrganic mousse. I used about 5 pumps on my bsl medium-density hair and got volume and definition... a difficult combo for me to achieve. The downside is I got a little more frizz than usual and my hair was a little more "producty" than I like. I used nothing underneath or over it.

I put it away for later experimentation. I think this product has some potential... don't know if it's HG though.
fine - low porosity - medium density - normal elasticity. Very high dews. Soft water.

Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 2chic BK&AO
RO: TN Radiant Care, Giovanni SaS, Ogx BKT*, Sukin Nourishing, SS Caitlin's, various
LI: sometimes TN Radiant Care
Styler: FSG with CNPF, CJ Pattern Pusha, Volumax Mega, Ouidad Climate Control*, Ogx BKT serum*
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

*have cones
underline = I love these!

iherb discount code: CFN646
wavydaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #9

Join Date: Jul 2013

Yeah I think it probably does have potential for some people, but I couldn't justify keeping a 15 dollar "ok" product when my hair looks better with cheaper ones :/ I'm curious to try the other products in that line though!
Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #10

CappuccinoCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

What is the name of the Giovanni mousse? I'd love a cheaper version of the Deva foam! That is the best product and a holy grail.
Current routine:
DEVA No Poo, as a shampoo and conditioner in one (can be used on dry hair to remove build up, then wet hair and complete washing process).

DEVA One Conditioner or TJ Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner as a co-wash (1 - 2X a week)

DEVA light gel & volumizing mousse on very wet hair, scrunch with a microfiber towel

Diffuse with duck clips

HAIR STATS

*3a

*Low porosity
*Low hair density
*Fine hair, but lots of it
CappuccinoCurls is offline   Reply With Quote