Vet who needs helps

• 1 Post By rudeechick
  • 1 Post By Geek_Chic

Havent logged on in ages.
Two Qs:
1. Anyone know how I can contact Botticelli Babe for FSG (her etsy is gone).
2. My HG drugstore rinse outs (GF and Loreal) both have cones in them now. Can someone recommend a moisturizing rinse out?

Thanks.
PS. Yes, I still use the SSM when I go curly
Hi rudee!

Wish I could help, but I live in a world of type 2s...........and I always will.

Rudee, GVP Conditioning Balm (cheap, knock off version of Biolage Hydrotherapy) is terrific for moisturizing and as a RO. Can buy it at Sally's if there's one near you. Something else I've been using is Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner. YTC is all natural, a product created in Israel. It contains Dead Sea salt for improved curl retention, but it's also very moisturizing. You can get it in many drug stores. None of the products just mentioned have cones

PS - forgot to add that the "Yes!" line has other conditioners you might want to experiment with also. Yes to Cucumbers is one that some people here like too.
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums
Hey Rudee! Botticelli Babe's store was shut down by Etsy. She quit fulfilling orders and didn't communicate with customers or refund their money. Several people here have open disputes with Paypal concerning orders with her that were never received. I have no idea how you could get in touch with her, but there's a wavy on facebook who's going to start making FSG and okra gels if you need an alternative source for those. Thread about it: botticelli botanicals?

If you don't mind protein in your RO, I like Renpure's Brazilian Keratin Straightening conditioner. Not quite enough moisture for winter and low dews unless I follow with a more moisturizing LI, but it's probably my favorite the rest of the year. Works well as a LI too.

PT: IAGirl's (link) as needed
Unfortunately the Repure Keratin conditioner got the same makeover as their Argan conditioner and the newer bottles now have amodimethicone.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I've been using the Yes to Carrots and enjoying it! Thanks

Originally Posted by Korkscrew
Korkscrew likes this.

Originally Posted by Corrina777
Darn it! Why do they have to tinker with all my favorite conditioners? I've condish only styled with the Brazilian Keratin all summer, even in 70+ dews and gotten good hair. *sigh* I haz a sad now.
wavydaze likes this.

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic
Hmmm, I see that there's 2 formulas: "Straightening" and "Intense." The former still doesn't have a cone. Looks like my hair would like it actually.

Renpure | Brazilian Keratin | Straightening Shampoo | Straightening Conditioner | Intense Conditioner | Flat Iron Spray | Treatment | Safe, Healthy Hair Care
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

Recent findings: my hair likes Cure Care diluted with water as a cowash; does NOT like guar h.c.!

iherb discount code: CFN646

Originally Posted by wavydaze
The Intense one always had a-cone (the Brazilian Keratin line was designed for people who flat iron), but the one I've been using is the Straightening one, which has been a-cone free. I checked the one local store that carries it, and they had one bottle, no a-cone.

Renpure's lack of a-cone in their ingredients list gives me some hope, but both drugstore.com and walgreens.com have notes on their product pages that "Product received may temporarily differ from image shown due to packaging update. Image & product details will be revised, shortly." That makes me suspicious about the "update" and leaves me wondering why Renpure hasn't updated their page to reflect whatever changes have been made. Sadly, they haven't responded to my message on their Facebook, so I'm still in the dark. I was going to try their website, but I'm not a fan of having to give out an address and phone # just to ask a question which they'd likely respond to via email (which they also require).

Originally Posted by Geek_Chic
Hmmm very fishy. That's a bummer. The "Straightening" one looked awesome as an RO and LI.
fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: no guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, gelatin gel

iherb discount code: CFN646
It is the regular conditioner that was re formulated. It seems to be a very recent change- I can still find the old formula. Vet who needs helps-imageuploadedbycurltalk1376427724.971904.jpgVet who needs helps-imageuploadedbycurltalk1376427738.518974.jpg

3a/f/iii