Old 08-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #21

Join Date: Apr 2013

Be careful using salt because salt can dry out your hair if used regularly.
curlicious13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:33 PM   #24

Join Date: Apr 2013

I may have to try that occasionally. Salt dries out my hair. Is there another alternative?
curlicious13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #25

Join Date: Apr 2002

Great! I'd love to hear how that works out for you
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #26

Originally Posted by curlicious13 View Post
The Yes to Blueberries is salt free. Cucumbers and Carrots both contain salt. All three are CG.

BTW--I just stopped at Target and all the Yes To products are on sale. I got the Carrots. It smells like tea tree oil but pleasant.

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper

Old 08-22-2013, 03:49 PM   #27

Samanthascurlz's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012

So far, I like YTB better than YTCarr.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity

Samanthascurlz likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #29

SpiralSpunk's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012

I didn't really like YTB and returned it. I wonder if something was wrong with that particular bottle though b/c it did seem half empty when I got it. It kind of smelled like lotion (nice and "fresh" lotion, but still) and didn't seem to coat my hair or have any slip. It felt like it it kind of absorbed and disappeared.

Oh well that's just my hair rotfl. I haven't tried YTC for a while, but I think I like much it better.
Korkscrew likes this.

Originally Posted by Korkscrew View Post
Interesting Samantha.

* Counts up spare change and heads off to the store for YTB *
LOL!

I think they detangle very similarly, but thats IMO. But as a leave-in it's great so far. This time I am just using it as a leave in and some curl cream. I will see how it does then. But thumbs up still!
Korkscrew and dusalocks like this.
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #31

Originally Posted by SpiralSpunk View Post

I appreciate you and everyone else taking time to review the Yes line ... cause I still have yet to try a couple of these conditioners.
Samanthascurlz likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #32

Ashleynicol's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013

I can't find the blue berries. Only cucumber and carrots
Ashleynicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 AM   #33

Join Date: Jan 2013

Are there are any other places that sell the yes to line other than Walgreens or Target so we can help Ashley out?

Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #34

Originally Posted by SpiralSpunk View Post

SpiralSpunk what are your properties? Because a low porosity curly said the YTB just didn't absorb. Oh wait--you say it didn't absorb. Are you saying you thought the bottle was tampered with or watered down? I'd take it back and get your refund.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM   #35

Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, Cure Care
Stylers: HESMU, LALSG
PT: IAGirl's (every 2 weeks or as needed)
Trying: Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
Geek_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #36

Ashleynicol's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013

I think I can order it on amazon. Is this the right one?

My hair likes yestocarrots so I definitely want to try the blueberries
Ashleynicol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #37

Join Date: Jan 2012

Hopefully this is available where I live. If it is, I'm gonna use it as my rinse and as a base for deep conditioning recipes. I'm excited cause Saturday is my "wash" day.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #38

That's the one, Ashley!

Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #39

Join Date: Jan 2012

I bought this yesterday. I got it on sale at Shoppers Drugmart. I paid $7.99 Canadian for a bottle. I am meh about the product:

Scent:

When I first opened the the bottle my eyes began to water. The scent is overwhelming. I usually love scents, but this scent could peel paint. Oh my god, no. Also, it smelled kind of citrus-y which I do not like.

Curl Definition:

I did a co-wash with Tresseme Naturals (new formulation) and then put this in my hair. When I applied this to my hair the first thing I noticed is that it made my curls POP! I have type 4 hair and recently did my 10th million big chop since I've been natural for the last 13 years. Right now at my temples is 4b, the rest of my hair is O shaped 4a. The back, at the nap of my neck is straight. My hair usually forms looser curls at the nape so I guessed it wasn't long enough yet to form a curl. However with this conditioner in my hair I had the best definition ever. Even my nape formed some curls which are still there. Every conditioner to an extent does this, but I found this did it best for non deep conditioner.

Feel of Product:

In comparison to Tresseme Naturals it felt like it had the same thickness, but it felt a little denser the TN. I only found it slightly more moisturizing that TN which was a disappointment. It's not a deep conditioner so I was not expecting miracles, but it made no difference to my hair. The bottle claims that it "revitalize fullness and shine/ smooths and repairs / (provides) full, healthy shine" which honestly, I don't think it lived up to the claims.

As a base for a deep conditioner:

So I then used it as a base for a deep conditioner and added a bit of honey, a dime sized amount of my whipped shea, and a few dropped of olive oil. Even with adding all the other stuff, it didn't feel moisturizing. I had more success adding stuff to Tresseme Naturals.

Slip:

Additionally, I don't feel like it had a lot of slip. This is a non issue for me right now because I have a cropped cut, but those with longer hair who need to detangle (especially 3c/4a/4b/4c) may have issues. Personally, the jury is still out. I'm going to continue to use this as my rinse out post co-washes. Next weekend I'm going to do a baking soda and ACV clarify, so we'll how it reacts on clarified hair.

Overall:

I just don't like this product, but it doesn't take away anything from my hair so I'll finish the bottle before buying anything new. I'm not good with understanding ingredients. Maybe someone can decipher and explain why I got increased curl definition, but very little moisture?

Ingredients per the website:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Stearyl Dihydroxypropyldimonium Oligosaccharides, Lupine Amino Acids, Fragrance (Parfum)**, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil*, Ipomoea Batatas Root Lees Extract, Glycerin, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Trimethylolpropane Tricaprylate/Tricaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid. * Certified Organic Ingredient
**100% Natural Fragrance
***edit*** I use sulfate free shampoo again and don't use shea butter

Last edited by africana; 08-24-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #40

Join Date: Jan 2013

Not sure why it works so well for curl definition and not moisture with your hair but I just have to say that was a remarkably thorough review you posted, Africana. Kudos.
Korkscrew likes this.