Yes to Blueberries Conditioner

Join Date: May 2012
I've reviewed before, somewhere here. I have 3c hair and the slip was fine IIRC, it's was just too coatey and heavy. After a couple weeks my hair felt gross and limp and I HATE the smell. It's too overpowering in my shower.
africana
Guest
Posts: n/a
I just want to say that I like this the more I use it. I don't think I could give a fair review on the lack of moisture because I just realized that I was previously modified CG, so I did a sulfate wash AND ACV rinse prior to using the conditioner. That would explain the lack of moisture I felt and why I had awesome curl definition after removing build up. I've used it twice since, and it was better than my initial review.
dusalocks and poxyfairyplume like this.
I finally found it at a different target, didn't buy it though becuase I can order it 3cents cheaper on amazon with free shipping and usually do a big amazon order every 2 weeks.
Search for the awesome moisture/conditioner thread. Moisture is water. Period. Conditioning is all about getting your hair to maintain the water in balance with protein. The conditioner (no matter what the company says) is not going to actually do the moisturizing. But it will assist in keeping it.
Geek_Chic likes this.
I was at Walgreens trying to decide between YTB and YTCuc. Ended up with the cucumbers. My hair sucked it up so fast! I think i will try the blueberries next! No product ever has made my hair feel this moisturized.
Ok guys, I don't think I like YTB anymore... My hair has been dry. When I don't use it, my hair isn't as dry.
Curls
Hmmm what do you think is doing that?
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
I tried it, it was awful. Smelled like vitamines. And coated the hair something aweful. No one in my house could use it... trashed it.
Hmmm what do you think is doing that?
Originally Posted by chupie
Idk, everyone kept warning the cetyl esters, but I don't want to automatically accuse that. But, I am wondering if that's what it was.
Originally Posted by Ashleynicol
That is one of the worst things, not being able to at least have someone else utilize the product. I just feel indecisive bc at first I said I loved it, now I don't like it at all.
Curls
Hmm, I haven't had any problems with it so far. I usually have trouble with buildup. I switched from Cucumbers to Blueberries, because it works better on my hair.

Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz
I just come on here to ask the same question. I don't want to out and right blame YTB because my hair is prone to dryness for virtually any reason but I'm thinking it might be the conditioner bc that's the only thing I've really changed lately. Could it be the amino acids? (Because I'm coarse.) Also, I'm not sure which video I saw but in it a curly guru was talking about how sometimes ingredients that provide great slip can create a barrier to the hair shaft, preventing more moisturizing ingredients from getting in. I don't know. I use KCKT pretty regularly as a leave in and it never seems to dry out my hair. I'm going to switch to using YTB once a week as opposed to twice and see what happens. (I wash my hair every 3-4 days.) And today after I got out of the shower I added a dime size of avocado oil and coconut oil to my sopping wet hair before I applied leave in so that should set it to rights. As for the cetyl esters, I'm not really prone to buildup but maybe. It could be creating a barrier on the hair shaft too since conditioner is such a penetrating product. But who can know for certain. Every hair type is different. My Mom's way prone to buildup though (classic wavy) and she uses OC pretty regularly (5-6x a week) and she doesn't have a problem with it. But perhaps the way the CE is formulated in the YTB is what's causing us grief.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

I actually love this stuff but I can't use it because the fragrance burns my eyes and has me sneezing for a good hour! I was surprised because it actually smells light and tolerable, but the moment I put it into my hair in the shower...no. My sinuses are not having it. Extremely disappointed considering how "natural" this is supposed to be but what can you do. :/
Samanthascurlz likes this.

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
Dehydration/ dryness might or might not be the same issue as the coated/ weighed down/ waxy feeling some report. Build up seems likely to be the waxy cetyl esters, dryness/ dehydration might be the humectants, there is glycerin way down also the oligosaccharides which are a type of sugar.
Cosmetic Ingredients from Adina Chemicals
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Boots Essentials gel
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect

Originally Posted by dusalocks
Ok, I feel like an indecisive idiot, but I stopped using my Eco Styler and still used the YTB and I didn't have dryness. So now I feel dumb blaming the YTB. You are so specific with your hair needs, it's great. I wish I knew exactly what to do with my hair. Pretty pathetic since I have been doing all this for over a year and a half. I still don't get some things. HA!
Cosmetic Ingredients from Adina Chemicals
Originally Posted by Firefox7275
I decided to stop using my ECO Styler and the dryness stopped- I still used the YTB. So now I feel dumb automatically blaming the YTB.
Curls
Don't feel dumb. When our hair freaks out on us we all blame our hair products. YTB was Suspect #1 on my list last week. But then my hair was still dry when I went to wash it the day before yesterday though, even though I'd switched conditioners. It's all right. It doesn't look or feel dry when it is dry and I'm wearing it styled. But when I go to wash it I can tell how dry and parched it is. I feel like hydrating my hair is an unending battle sometimes. I deep treat twice a week darnit! What do you want you Bushy Curly Monster? Just speak to me already!

(PS - Ecostyler dries out my hair, too. It's such a shame because the product is so cheap.)
Samanthascurlz likes this.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Originally Posted by dusalocks
I feel like I can 'hear' the way you speak via your writing. You are so funny, and it is a very good thing! But yes, I feel the same way! Hydrating seems such a battle! I was so disappointed that Eco didn't work, like u said, bc of its price. I don't deep treat as much as you so dryness is my fault, I am lazy lol. WHat do you use to deep treat?
Curls
I just bought the YTB yesterday. I'm excited to try it. I like the smell though and I'm usually sensitive to scents. It's kind of a light fruity scent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

Originally Posted by dusalocks
Noticed the Blueberries has glycerin in it. Ecostyler does too (my hair HATES Ecostyler). Maybe glycerin is your problem.
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums