Yes to Blueberries Conditioner

But when I go to wash it I can tell how dry and parched it is. I feel like hydrating my hair is an unending battle sometimes. I deep treat twice a week darnit! What do you want you Bushy Curly Monster? Just speak to me already!

(PS - Ecostyler dries out my hair, too. It's such a shame because the product is so cheap.)
Originally Posted by dusalocks
Noticed the Blueberries has glycerin in it. Ecostyler does too (my hair HATES Ecostyler). Maybe glycerin is your problem.
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
I have had really dry hair lately. The more I don't wash it, the more it gets dryer so I think you're right, I should trial and error with glycerin.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using CurlTalk App
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity
Co-wash, leave in, and gel: Alba botanica coconut cond., ogx mousse, &/or super wet look gel.
Curls
Ecostyler was BAD! I don't understand the rave at all!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
Ecostyler was BAD! I don't understand the rave at all!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Ashleynicol
That is how I felt after I started using it. My hair is way happier without it lol.
Curls

I feel like I can 'hear' the way you speak via your writing. You are so funny, and it is a very good thing! But yes, I feel the same way! Hydrating seems such a battle! I was so disappointed that Eco didn't work, like u said, bc of its price. I don't deep treat as much as you so dryness is my fault, I am lazy lol. WHat do you use to deep treat?
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz

Aw, you're sweet. I do have a distinctive style of writing/speaking, I guess, because my boss commented on it the other day. But when it comes to my hair I can get a little kooky. Hydrating, is, indeed, such a battle. Oh, I'm lazy, too. I should be doing overnight deep treats but recently my DTs have been relegated to an hour or so before I wash. So they're more prepoos than DTs. I use a variety of oils, honey, and conditioner. My favorite oils for DT-ing are olive, avocado and coconut. My favorite conditioner is SM Restorative Conditioner. I'm happy to report my hair is approaching normal hydration levels but I think I'm going to do some research and pick up a very moisturizing conditioner. I ran out of YTB and am trying out Yes to Cucumbers (which does not have salt, people, I was way wrong--I think whatever ingredient list I'd looked at was outdated) and it's good, too. The Yes to Carrots I gave away because I found the salt slightly drying. I don't know why they throw that in anyways. I mean, yes, it's good for people who want better curl definition but I have a strong curl pattern and very dry hair so I'm steering clear.
Samanthascurlz likes this.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz

Originally Posted by dusalocks
I really enjoyed SM Restorative Cond as well. I also enjoy the shampoo that is in that line. I am regularly using it and I am enjoying the results (along with the other products). I was using CO religiously, but I think it was way too much as I posted in another forum. But I want to try avocado. I will try making a DT with a cond. and CO for now. Please let us know how YTCucu. goes as well! I would love to try it. Thanks
Curls
I am loving the YTB. My hair is really thick/dense/dry. I've never been able to find a great condish especially because my hair hates protein. I've used this the last week and my hair loves it. It finally hit me what it smells like also...exactly like Trix cereal. Lol. Not too bad. I may try some of the other YT condish once I get low on this bottle. So glad I saw these reviews or I would still be searching for a great RO. Thanks guys!! :-)

Sent from my SCH-L710 using CurlTalk App
Samanthascurlz and sixelamy like this.
I am loving YTB conditioner. It is now my go-to leave in. Glycerin in this product somehow doesn't bother my hair despite South Florida humidity. Definitely detangles better after it's been sitting on hair for a couple of minutes. I sent Yes To an email asking them to promise they will never discontinue. :-)
Never thought I'd say it but recently my hair is appreciating glycerin y'all haha Very strange considering glycerin has been anathema to my curls. I think this change may be the result of over-conditioning my hair recently w/FSG. Maybe at this moment my hair appreciates the drying affect of the glycerin.

And so it may just be time to try out YTB, especially because glycerin is lower down the ingredients list, which theoretically should keep it from being excessively drying ... I just need to watch out to make sure I don't get all heavy-handed about it and cause excessive dryness. (That's how I got in trouble w/over-conditioning from FSG.)

Anyway, YTB sounds like a nice product to keep in rotation. I'll try it and add my review to your guys' collection of reviews soon.
3b/c?

Ringlet Fandango! ... Where curly ideas roam free

* 2 blogs this week: Pictures of My (Sorta) Big Chop! AND Turn a Nightmare Product into a Dream* My Albums
I smelled the YTB the other day and it does smell like something familiar. It is Trix!! Haha I'm going to have to grab me some! How you compare it to the sm restorative?
I've tried the YTC one but wasn't too fond of it.. its not like that is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Beast's Favorite Things:
Shea Moisture
Kinky Curly
Curl Junkie
Natural Stuff
BC #2: 10/2/13
2c/3a/3b w/ loose botticellis, whirls and curls,
Coarse, High Porosity;CG since 2007
Bringingcurlies - YTB nothing like YTC for me. My hair dislikes carrots and loves blueberries.
My very first post, lurking for weeks and trying to figure things out. Just bought the YTB conditioner and also grabbed the shampoo. Now I'm not sure if the shampoo is CG. Anyone have any thoughts?

Working on finding my inner curl.
I've been using YTB for months and my hair is so strong and healthy now. I solely blame this on the YTB. I used to use this every couple washes but now I use it every. I use this as my ro. Love love love love
3A 3B mix

RO-GVPCB, CJ curl assurance conditioner
DT- CJ curl rehab
LI- As I Am leave in,

Style- Sauve Everlasting Sunshine
Good to hear, from all I've read on this thread the YTB is the way to go for RO and LI. Did you ever try the actual shampoo?

Originally Posted by Maur
It's not CG. The Sodium Coco-sulfate may be derived from coconut oil, but it's still a sulfate. It's basically a less purified form of Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

Sodium Coco-Sulfate

If you like the Yes To line and want a CG friendly shampoo, pick up Yes To Cucumbers. Grab the shampoo in this bottle, not the older style (it isn't CG).
CG since 11/2011
2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Autumn Products /Routine:
Clarifying: ACV rinses, Suave Professional Men Deep Clean Peppermint
Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed
Thanks so much, I returned the YTB SHAMPOO and got the YTC SHAMPOO you recommend. As a newbie, appreciate the.help. it's so confusing.

Working on finding my inner curl.
Walmart has the lines. I tried the carrot shampoo and my hair hated it. I used it for clarifying for a while and just gave up since using it once a month didn't help with my dry hair and that was when I started CG. Some reason my hair absorbs shampoos so easily than conditioner. I don't know why. I'm more on moisture than slip since my hair is easy to detangle. I might just try the blueberry conditioner XD. I have no problem with a lot of scents.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using CurlTalk App
3B fine & medium, medium density,low/medium porosity, semi protein sensitive
NP: ACV
COWASH: Suave Naturals green apple and coconut
RO/LI: Tresseme Naturals, Oyin hair dew
PT/DT: Ion repair solutions, my own concoction
OIL: Coconut, grapeseed & jojoba
STYLER: LA Looks nutra curl & AVJ spritz

My disabilities don't change who I am.