Softfibre/micro fiber?

Hi all!

I've just started co-washing and have a lot to learn, but to start with I'd like to check with someone who knows more about micro fiber towels than I.

Up until now I've been using a terry towel, which I've now stopped doing. I've read enough curly advice now to realise I should use a micro fiber towel, but right now I'm extremely short of money and need to use whatever I have to hand.

I have a travel towel in softfibre - brand name LifeVenture - and wonder whether it's acceptable? It's very absorbent and that's what makes me wonder. Its texture is such that I doubt it's doing any harm to my hair (please tell me if I'm wrong about this) but because we're meant to let our hair air dry, is it bad that I wrap it up for a while in such an absorbent towel?

Advice would be great.
as long as its microfibre it should be ok. I don't foresee it doing any damage. the way I test it is what does it feel like? The smoother the fabric the better, because less surface area and bumps and rough textures mean it's less likely to pull on your hair and separate the curls.

If you happen to have a shamwow (yes, like the ones on TV) lying around your house, I might suggest using that. sounds weird but it's what I use and it wicks the moisture out of the hair without disrupting the way the hair falls/lies, or the curl pattern

hope this is helpful!
Hi all!

Advice would be great.
Originally Posted by Greenlight
A quick Google suggests Lifeventure softfibre is microfibre. It's not just the absorbency but the 'fluffiness' of the fabric that can cause frizz with terry cotton. But if you are happy with this towel and not getting unacceptable frizz it does not really matter what it looks like or what it is made from, there is no sense in buying something new without trying what you already have!

Because I have porous hair and not loads of it I don't do well with very absorbent fabric, but some with longer/ thicker/ less porous hair could have completely different needs to me so no one product suits all. I now use a flour sack towel, some use microfibre, many more use old t-shirts or diaper squares: all are CG friendly.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect