Anyone using Living Proof Satin?

I am waiting for samples of this to arrive in the mail. Has anyone used this when they air-dried their hair? That's my plan for it.

The website says it's "superior smoothing, frizz eliminating, shine creating". They show a curly with very pretty curls and of course she has surface fly-aways/frizz and they make it much straighter using this product. I actually love her hair before!

I don't know if it will be too heavy to put on my hair and then let it air-dry. But I figure it's worth a shot. Since I use firm-hold gels usually, it may be a decent alternative to get frizz control.
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Got my sample in the mail yesterday. Nice! It's in a tiny pump bottle. I think there's easily 1-2 weeks worth of product in there. I will prob try it today, and prob won't use gel this time to see what it does on it's own (on top of my normal LI)
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
The one pump of stuff on my hair was definitely not too much. This product has zero hold, IMO. I called Living Proof to discuss how curlies can use Satin.

The rep said to experiment with the amount. 1/2 pump-1 pump on wet hair should be enough. She said to use 1/2 pump on dry hair. She stated that she'd heard the product has no hold and recommended their Amp, Flex, or the styling spray in the No Frizz line to help with hold.

Tomorrow I will try again but will use my normal gel styler -- not sure which one at this point. I have to decide if I will apply in the order of LI-Satin-gel or LI-gel-Satin.
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
So far, the Living Proof products that I've tried work well with my hair. But when I saw the first ingredient of the Satin Hair Serum, I decided not try it. Isododecane does not do well on my hair: no hold and plenty of frizz.

Keep us posted as to your final outcome. Soon I'll purchase the Amp2 as it does look promising.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
SUMMER REGIMEN-This list is not exhaustive...
Pre-treat:Shima oil
Shampoo:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Kur Ultimate Oil Elixir
Cowash:HE The Sleeker The Butter
PT: Gold Medal's Herbal Tame
DT/LI/Detangler/
: various
Stylers: Lush Zeste Hair Gel

*experimenting and loving it!

Without gel, my hair looked worse with just the LI+Satin than it does when I use zero products (not even LI). So I am hoping that the addition of gel tomorrow one way or the other will make a positive difference.

Originally Posted by Spiralli
Thanks for sharing this info! I've been curious about this new product, but wasn't sure if it would work for curly/wavy hair. I may try it out!
Mod-CG since December 2010.
Hair type: NC: 2A; FIA: 2cFii; Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Cleansing: CJ Cleansing Conditioner, Trader Joe's Tea Tree, or Deva No Poo
Daily conditioner: Deva One C or CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Hair Cond or GPB
Styling products: Deva B'Leave In + Deva Curl Cream + AnGel; or
SS CEJ + BRHG; or AG: Recoil + BRHG; or KCKT + KCCC + BRHG
Treatments: SS protein treatment or CJ Curl Fix or Nexxus Emergencee + CJ Curl Rehab