SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products

Ahhh that may be worth my buying then! I didn't want to buy in bulk and then have it all go off!
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

PROTEIN LOVER!!!

Wishing my hair would be more like this ------>
and less like this --------->
I finally ordered my FSG from Sweet Curls Elixirs. I used the CURL CREAM yesterday for the first time--she customized it for me, but I don't know what the formula is other than I asked for a white musk scent. Here is how it looked when I got up (I'm still wearing my nightie here), SECOND DAY HAIR, no rewetting.

The only thing I used besides the SCE FS Curl Cream is some leave-in condish. I always use leave-in, even when I use no other product. Otherwise, no added hold products/gels/serums/sprays.

And I didn't pineapple. I slept with loose hair, which explains the bit of frizz , which I find quite tolerable for 2nd Day Hair.

Because I've had past issues with BB with FSG spoilage sooner than desired (I rotate products, so I need stuff to last me months and months), I keep mine in the fridge and go get it when I'm ready to wash hair.

I plan to use the FSG by her to see which I like better, the FSG or the CC.

For former Botticelli Botanicals customers: This is just as good, possibly better. I'd have to wait and see how it lasts without spoilage and how it plays with other stuff like BB (which worked beautifully with CJ CurlQueen and ABBA Pure Gel). But definitely a nice product.

Mir
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-mircurls-sweet-curls-elixir-2nd-day-hair-10-26-13.jpg
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 10-26-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Been trying the flax seed gel and wow. It really does a great job. Here are the last two days. All I have in besides the FSG is a bit if SMCES on the ends for LI.

Yesterday:
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1385696521.123437.jpg

Today. Same thing although I did a full DT with CJRM before.

SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1385696567.424900.jpg

I'm possibly hooked. Normally I need hard hold gel too but this is working well even without that.
wavydaze likes this.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
Check out today! I divided my hair into layers after de-pinappling. Starting with the under layer, I spritzed in sections and rake/squeezed little drops (pea size) of SCEFSG in and then scrunched.Worked through whole head that way, scrunched a little SSCC on the ends when I was done with getting the SCEFSG all the way through. Diffused and air dried. SOTC with a teeny amount of SMCES. Wowza second day hair. And it's soooooft.
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-1482842_10201556334722946_1388815837_n.jpg
JessiiLeighh likes this.
Great results Chupie! Your hair looks well-defined, shiny and healthy!

Now I'm eager to try SweetCurlsElixirs as well. I'm fascinated by formula 2 of Sweet Curls Flax Seed Defining Gel Elixir.

Formula 2 - Fine Hair, Low-porosity
with horsetail (volume), Irish Moss (curl enhancement and hold), Xanthan Gum (clumps and hold), marshmallow root (used as an oil replacement for low-porosity hair that tends to have oils sit on the outside of the hair shaft), magnesium sulfate (adds texture and volume, enhances curl), silk protein (adds strength to help fine hair support curls, helps patch damage, conditions. Silk is a gentler, more conditioning protein which fine, low-porosity hair can use with out worrying about getting over-proteined.)

While I think the prices of the products are not high at all, especially considering it's all natural and homemade, it's a shame that shipping rates are always high. I know you cannot do anything about that, swtndspcy, so I don't blame you. I just wish I could try your products - they sound amazing, and I don't have the ingredients to do it myself. I really like that you put so much thought and consideration in why you use particular ingredients, and why you think these are specifically useful for someone with that hair type.

Beauty Is Not a Number
How long does the FSG with preservatives last?
Originally Posted by 09robiha
Alissa says 2-4 months.
Today.

11 am

to

9 pm

Unbelievable. I love Sweet Curls.
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-img_5711.jpg   SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-img_5717.jpg
JuliaRose likes this.
Gorgeous!
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
I got a sample from Alissa in my order of what I think is a new product for her: Hard Hold Aloe and Flax Jelly Elixir. Has anyone else tried it? I like it but I've only used it once. Would love to hear some opinions.
Asugirl, you should check her Facebook page. She enquired about people's experiences with her new products. So far people are loving it.

Originally Posted by Lauraimes
I will, thanks! I don't use Facebook but finally signed up just so I could view other pages.
Here is a video where I am using SCEFSG for a second day wavy routine.

Second Day Wavy Routine - YouTube
MirCurls likes this.
I placed my first order and was really excited it took almost 15 days to get it (I subtracted 5 days from the total because of the holidays). Then I opened it and the conditioner bottle is only 50-60% full. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope the actual using of the product goes better.
No!!! Contact her. I know she'll fix that.
MirCurls likes this.
I've tried the FSG and CC and love them!!! The CC doesn't seem super moisturizing at first (like the instructions state) but I get good waves from that, and even better with the FSG.

I don't think the hard hold jelly was available when I ordered but I'll probably end up trying it eventually! I usually top any curl enhancers with a mix of CJ Curl Queen and BRHG and my waves held up all day. I am very happy with my purchase!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Originally Posted by abstractcurls
Did you hear back from Alissa?
I've ordered twice from Sweet Curls Elixirs and I absolutely love their products. I've settled on the Okra Defining Gel Elixir, the Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir, and the Conditioning Elixir. The combination gives me incredible curls that are still soft to the touch. SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1397057863.502790.jpg

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
So gorgeous, Corrina777!

Beauty Is Not a Number
Corrina, what perfectly defined, frizzless curls! How did you use the products?
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Low-poo: Jason Mango bodywash
Cowash: Cure Care diluted with water 1:1
RO: Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: IAgirl's gelatine

light moisture, hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.