Old 09-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #21

swtndspcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #22

09robiha's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009

Ahhh that may be worth my buying then! I didn't want to buy in bulk and then have it all go off!
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

PROTEIN LOVER!!!

Wishing my hair would be more like this ------>
and less like this --------->
09robiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #23

MirCurls's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009

I finally ordered my FSG from Sweet Curls Elixirs. I used the CURL CREAM yesterday for the first time--she customized it for me, but I don't know what the formula is other than I asked for a white musk scent. Here is how it looked when I got up (I'm still wearing my nightie here), SECOND DAY HAIR, no rewetting.

The only thing I used besides the SCE FS Curl Cream is some leave-in condish. I always use leave-in, even when I use no other product. Otherwise, no added hold products/gels/serums/sprays.

And I didn't pineapple. I slept with loose hair, which explains the bit of frizz , which I find quite tolerable for 2nd Day Hair.

Because I've had past issues with BB with FSG spoilage sooner than desired (I rotate products, so I need stuff to last me months and months), I keep mine in the fridge and go get it when I'm ready to wash hair.

I plan to use the FSG by her to see which I like better, the FSG or the CC.

For former Botticelli Botanicals customers: This is just as good, possibly better. I'd have to wait and see how it lasts without spoilage and how it plays with other stuff like BB (which worked beautifully with CJ CurlQueen and ABBA Pure Gel). But definitely a nice product.

Mir
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-mircurls-sweet-curls-elixir-2nd-day-hair-10-26-13.jpg
3a3b dry, dyed --newly "banged"
Natural since 11/25/09 (Miami)

Shine & Spring w/ Sweet Curls Elixirs!
Curl Junkie Conditions!
Re:coil ROCKS!

~CJ Protein Tx
; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
~S&C; SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Last edited by MirCurls; 10-26-2013 at 01:22 PM.
MirCurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #24

Join Date: Mar 2013

Been trying the flax seed gel and wow. It really does a great job. Here are the last two days. All I have in besides the FSG is a bit if SMCES on the ends for LI.

Yesterday:
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1385696521.123437.jpg

Today. Same thing although I did a full DT with CJRM before.

SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1385696567.424900.jpg

I'm possibly hooked. Normally I need hard hold gel too but this is working well even without that.
wavydaze likes this.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #25

Join Date: Mar 2013

Check out today! I divided my hair into layers after de-pinappling. Starting with the under layer, I spritzed in sections and rake/squeezed little drops (pea size) of SCEFSG in and then scrunched.Worked through whole head that way, scrunched a little SSCC on the ends when I was done with getting the SCEFSG all the way through. Diffused and air dried. SOTC with a teeny amount of SMCES. Wowza second day hair. And it's soooooft.
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-1482842_10201556334722946_1388815837_n.jpg
JessiiLeighh likes this.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #26

Join Date: Nov 2012

Great results Chupie! Your hair looks well-defined, shiny and healthy!

Now I'm eager to try SweetCurlsElixirs as well. I'm fascinated by formula 2 of Sweet Curls Flax Seed Defining Gel Elixir.

Formula 2 - Fine Hair, Low-porosity
with horsetail (volume), Irish Moss (curl enhancement and hold), Xanthan Gum (clumps and hold), marshmallow root (used as an oil replacement for low-porosity hair that tends to have oils sit on the outside of the hair shaft), magnesium sulfate (adds texture and volume, enhances curl), silk protein (adds strength to help fine hair support curls, helps patch damage, conditions. Silk is a gentler, more conditioning protein which fine, low-porosity hair can use with out worrying about getting over-proteined.)

While I think the prices of the products are not high at all, especially considering it's all natural and homemade, it's a shame that shipping rates are always high. I know you cannot do anything about that, swtndspcy, so I don't blame you. I just wish I could try your products - they sound amazing, and I don't have the ingredients to do it myself. I really like that you put so much thought and consideration in why you use particular ingredients, and why you think these are specifically useful for someone with that hair type.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #27

Originally Posted by 09robiha View Post
How long does the FSG with preservatives last?
Alissa says 2-4 months.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #28

Today.

11 am

to

9 pm

Unbelievable. I love Sweet Curls.
Attached Thumbnails
SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-img_5711.jpg   SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-img_5717.jpg
JuliaRose likes this.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #29

CurlyGrey3's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013

Gorgeous!
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
CurlyGrey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #30

asugirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

I got a sample from Alissa in my order of what I think is a new product for her: Hard Hold Aloe and Flax Jelly Elixir. Has anyone else tried it? I like it but I've only used it once. Would love to hear some opinions.
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #31

Join Date: Nov 2012

Asugirl, you should check her Facebook page. She enquired about people's experiences with her new products. So far people are loving it.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #32

asugirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Lauraimes View Post
I will, thanks! I don't use Facebook but finally signed up just so I could view other pages.
asugirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #33

Join Date: Mar 2013

Here is a video where I am using SCEFSG for a second day wavy routine.

Second Day Wavy Routine - YouTube
MirCurls likes this.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:57 PM   #34

abstractcurls's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010

I placed my first order and was really excited it took almost 15 days to get it (I subtracted 5 days from the total because of the holidays). Then I opened it and the conditioner bottle is only 50-60% full. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope the actual using of the product goes better.
abstractcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #35

Join Date: Mar 2013

No!!! Contact her. I know she'll fix that.
MirCurls likes this.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #36

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I've tried the FSG and CC and love them!!! The CC doesn't seem super moisturizing at first (like the instructions state) but I get good waves from that, and even better with the FSG.

I don't think the hard hold jelly was available when I ordered but I'll probably end up trying it eventually! I usually top any curl enhancers with a mix of CJ Curl Queen and BRHG and my waves held up all day. I am very happy with my purchase!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Repair Me, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Smoothing

leave-in: SCE Curl Cream
jellies/creams: UFD's CM, CJ CCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

asianrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #37

Originally Posted by abstractcurls View Post
Did you hear back from Alissa?
Old 04-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #38

Corrina777's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011

I've ordered twice from Sweet Curls Elixirs and I absolutely love their products. I've settled on the Okra Defining Gel Elixir, the Crazy Curly Hard Hold Elixir, and the Conditioning Elixir. The combination gives me incredible curls that are still soft to the touch. SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products-imageuploadedbycurltalk1397057863.502790.jpg
Lauraimes and yestheyrereal like this.

3a/f/iii Before the chop- Donated to Locks of Love, January 2013
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CO-WASH: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo
CLARIFY: CHS Treatment Shampoo (used prior to PT/DT)
RO: DevaCare One Condition, Regis Olive Oil
LI: Cure Care, As I Am Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Biotera Gel, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, GVP Liquid Sculpting Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse
PT/DT: IAGirl's PT, One n' Only Argan Hydrating Mask
Corrina777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:11 AM   #39

So gorgeous, Corrina777!

Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #40

wavydaze's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013

Corrina, what perfectly defined, frizzless curls! How did you use the products?
fine - low porosity - medium density - normal elasticity. Very high dews. Soft water.

Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 2chic BK&AO
RO: TN Radiant Care, Giovanni SaS, Ogx BKT*, Sukin Nourishing, SS Caitlin's, various
LI: sometimes TN Radiant Care
Styler: FSG with CNPF, CJ Pattern Pusha, Volumax Mega, Ouidad Climate Control*, Ogx BKT serum*
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

*have cones
underline = I love these!

iherb discount code: CFN646