SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products

Thank you! I always rinse out my regular conditioner and use SS Repairing Protein Treatment as my LI (after squeezing out some water with a t-shirt). LI and Okra Gel were applied upside down, using a combo rake/scrunch technique. I also comb through after each product (I have thick hair so product distribution is sometimes a challenge. Then I flip my hair upright and apply the Hard Hold Elixir. I apply first to my part/canopy, then apply in sections (left side, right side, back) with rake/scrunch. Then I flip hair over again and add a bit more to the length. Squeeze out excess water with t-shirt (I generally follow the MAP technique), plop, diffuse.

3a/f/iii
Modified CG since 11/5/11
CLEANSE: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Clarifying, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
RO: DevaCare One Condition, SS Caitlin's Conditioner, Mop Top Daily Conditioner
LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier and Strong Hold Mousse, Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
I broke down and ordered some fsg and the hard hold gel. I was hesitant, not because of reviews but because it seems that shortly after I find a fsg gel that I really love, the seller no longer sells/makes it. I realize I can make it myself but I'm always concerned about preservation and such. I will report back after I've tried these out.
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by Curlsnswirls; 06-07-2014 at 10:25 AM.
I broke down and orders some fsg and the hard hold gel. I was hesitant, not because of reviews but because it seems that shortly after I find a fsg gel that I really love, the seller no longer sells/makes it. I realize I can make it myself but I'm always concerned about preservation and such. I will report back after I've tried these out.
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
You can always keep it in the fridge for extra protection but I've had some since like November in my bathroom cupboard and it's still good. I'm sure being hand made there can always be a batch that might be off but my experience is it works well and is pretty well preserved.
You're right. I might just have to make a batch again. This time I'm putting a date on my jar to see how long it actually lasts.
I am anxious to try these out though.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I am anxious to try these out though.
Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
Actually the reason I balk at making my own is preserving it. That's why I'd rather buy it from Alissa. I suppose purchasing some Optiphen or something wouldn't be that onerous but making small batches at a time, just seems less than cost effective.
I made a thread earlier but if you're going to hand make I highly recommend going the ice cube tray route. Pour it in the ice cube tray and put it in the freezer. You can pop them out once frozen into a baggy or keep them in the tray. Store in the freezer. Defrost only a cube or two at a time, however much you need when you style. It will always be the freshest and no wastage.

iherb discount code: CFN646
Wow, I've been using her FSG and crazy hard hold gel this week and they are amazing!
2c/3a
Low-high porosity, fine/medium, high density thick hair, highlighted
Modified CG since 12/2013
Originally Posted by wavydaze
I have a question if you don't mind. How long does it take them to defrost and.do they change on consistency??? Also if you put them in a bag don't they get stuck together?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
DT: Coconut Oil, C.O+protein condish

HG
Goal: WL when curly
CG since Feb 2014
When ordering from this seller does your order status get updated to "shipped" when she ships? My order was supposed to ship several days ago and as far as I know it hasn't...and no word from the seller :-/.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Kazenner it takes less than a minute to defrost in the microwave. It does not change consistency based on my experience. Haven't had the problem of them sticking together in a bag.

Originally Posted by wavydaze
Thank you for your reply!:-)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
DT: Coconut Oil, C.O+protein condish

HG
Goal: WL when curly
CG since Feb 2014
Oh yes I got a package from SCE. I got a plain fsg with protein, and samples of the okra gel, low porosity fsg formula, curl cream and hard hold elixir. I really liked the plain FSG and okra. Haven't had time to play as much with the hard hold elixir or curl cream. I preferred the plain FSG with protein to the low porosity formula for whatever reason. I got the scents coconut cream, coconut ginger, creme brűlée and Asian pear. My favorite was the Asian pear followed by the creme brűlée followed by the coconut ginger. Tbh I found the scents a bit strong for my liking so I may ask for half strength scents or unscented as I don't mind unscented products. I would definitely repurchase the FSG and okra and will try double protein next time.

iherb discount code: CFN646
I should be receiving my gels any day .

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
This sounds divine. I like fsg but don't like having to refrigerate it. I have never tried making okra gel. Fresh is plentiful here but honestly if I buy it it will likely end up in my stomach. Had some for dinner the other night. Loved fried, stewed, pickled everything.
wavydaze likes this.
So I tried both tonight...fsg on half my hair and the hard hold gel on the other half. Wow, I'm impressed!! I'm already planning another order . I will see how they hold up tomorrow. Honestly with the fsg formula I picked it has almost as much hold as the hard hold gel. I see she now offers fsg\okra gel. I want to try it next. I have to give this gel two thumbs up as far as my first impression. It did take almost 4 weeks to receive it though . I will have to remember that.

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
Did you have her add any ingredients to either item you ordered, or did you purchase the formula "as is"?
rbb likes this.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
I asked for formula 3 for low dews plus a few extras.
All in all;
Pvp
Coconut/avocado oil
Xanthan gum

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
Thanks for sharing that info!
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight