-   -   SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/162639-sweetcurlselixirs-flax-seed-okra-products.html)

CurlyGrey3 09-05-2013 05:04 PM

SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products

Today I tried the Sweet Curls Flax Seed Defining Gel from our very own swtndspcy's SweetCurlsElixirs etsy shop. I swear that stuff is magic. It did such a great job reducing my frizz and clumping my hair! The best part about it is that you can customize it with your own add-ins. I had her add aloe, avocado oil, and xanthan gum.

I also got the FSG curl cream, but I haven't given it a good try yet. I'll review it when I get a chance. She also sells okra gel, FSG spray, and an oil treatment.

She's been getting rave review from the Wavy Hair Community members. I think putting the etsy link here violates the forum rules, but you can find it.

Pookarina 09-05-2013 05:38 PM

I use Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG with preservative only
I thought the FSG thing was bunk until I tried this.
It's worked great for me so far.

Next time I think I'll try the okra gel
Now I can't wait!

Firefox7275 09-05-2013 05:52 PM

Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sweetcurlselixirs

I'm dying to try the flaxseed curl cream and okra gel given the rave reviews on the Wavy Hair Community.

CurlyGrey3 09-05-2013 06:08 PM

I'm tempted to try the okra. I've never tried it and my store doesn't carry okra.

FloridaCurly 09-05-2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3 (Post 2206392)

I have both the okra and the fsg and, while I LOVE both of them and it is really hard to choose, for some reason I find myself reaching for the fsg more often. I really want to try the FSG curl cream and I will, when I start getting low on the FSG and it's time to reorder. I love the idea of an all-in-one product.

chupie 09-05-2013 07:14 PM

I just ordered a small FSG and curl cream. I'm anxious to see how it works. I may not have enough curl for it to be a big deal but I've sure seen some amazing results with waviers than me.

Curlsnswirls 09-05-2013 07:18 PM

I want some...:-(

asianrunner 09-05-2013 09:00 PM

I'm anxious to try it but we'll be moving soon so it will have to be after that. And I should probably list some stuff on the swap boards because I would never finish it!

Starmie 09-06-2013 02:52 AM

I looked at her shop after someone (sorry I can never remember who says what!) mentioned her products and really liked the look of them but unfortunately the postage is just too much. Not her fault, it costs what it costs, postage prices seem to be going up everywhere. Not fair.

Firefox7275 09-06-2013 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Starmie (Post 2206487)

No idea if this is practical but apparently three bottles can fit into a flat rate box, you might share with another Australian curly from NC or from the Facebook Aussie Curly Girls group? I am tempted to do that to the UK.

swtndspcy 09-06-2013 12:00 PM

Unfortunately, the way Etsy is set up, I can only estimate the shipping internationally. I tried to estimate to the best of my ability but already short changed myself by underestimating, thus I had to raise my estimate yet again.
The true shipping charges for international customers will most definitely vary, and I chose the cheapest option that I could find (first class USPS, which provides no tracking, and no insurance)
The only way I can think of around this, would be if one checked out using PayPal, then I could refund the shipping difference, if any, when I knew for sure what the cost would be. I have done this for a Canadian customer.
It is unfortunate that international shipping is so high. :(

asugirl 09-06-2013 02:29 PM

Is there anybody that had used BB's flax seed gel and this one and can give us a good comparison review?

Starmie 09-07-2013 12:00 PM

Firefox - I don't do Facebook and I'm not sure there's any other Aussie curlies visit here any more (I'm very lonely!). Good thought though.

Swtndspcy - I've often though estimating shipping to different places must be a bit of a minefield, probably why so many sellers don't do it, at least you do. I've all but stopped sending presents to my family in the UK because the postage is ridiculously expensive and then there's often customs and import tax issues - it's just not worth it.
Your products do look good though!

fightingfrizz 09-07-2013 02:04 PM

Firefox, that's an interesting idea!

chupie 09-07-2013 03:15 PM

I wanted to mention Sweet Curls owner broke her ankle today. She should be putting up some info on her Etsy page soon regarding timing for orders.

CurlyInTheFog 09-07-2013 06:43 PM

Unfortunately USPS foreign shipping rates have gone up astronomically in the past year. I've done a fair amount of overseas shipping (LHC swap board stuff). A year ago I could ship a hair fork to Germany, USPS first class, for $6. I sent a fork to Germany a few months ago, and postage was $12.75! :angry2:

So sorry about the broken ankle, swtndspcy. I do want to try the okra gel out, but I'll wait a while to put my order in. Feel better soon! :sunny:

swtndspcy 09-07-2013 09:44 PM

Starmie, I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to pay the shipping. It is unfortunately the cheapest rates i have found, and they are still very high! I hate shipping charges, and if i could eliminate them, i would.
Curlyinthefog, thanks. :) As far as broken ankles go, it could have been worse, but still very bad timing!
I do plan on still filling orders, but it's going to be slow and difficult while on crutches.

Sent from my N9100 using CurlTalk App

CurlyInTheFog 09-07-2013 11:42 PM

Don't I know it! My mom broke both her ankles the day her first grandchild was born (my son). She was too excited and rolled a golf cart, so really was lucky it wasn't worse. Anyway, she had surgery and was basically confined to bed for eight weeks. Still, one broken ankle is bad enough and crutches are no fun.

swtndspcy 09-14-2013 09:02 PM

Oh my gosh! That's terrible!

Sent from my N9100 using CurlTalk App

09robiha 09-16-2013 11:47 AM

How long does the FSG with preservatives last?