SweetCurlsElixirs flax seed and okra products

Today I tried the Sweet Curls Flax Seed Defining Gel from our very own swtndspcy's SweetCurlsElixirs etsy shop. I swear that stuff is magic. It did such a great job reducing my frizz and clumping my hair! The best part about it is that you can customize it with your own add-ins. I had her add aloe, avocado oil, and xanthan gum.

I also got the FSG curl cream, but I haven't given it a good try yet. I'll review it when I get a chance. She also sells okra gel, FSG spray, and an oil treatment.

She's been getting rave review from the Wavy Hair Community members. I think putting the etsy link here violates the forum rules, but you can find it.
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
I use Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG with preservative only
I thought the FSG thing was bunk until I tried this.
It's worked great for me so far.

Next time I think I'll try the okra gel
Now I can't wait!
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/sweetcurlselixirs

I'm dying to try the flaxseed curl cream and okra gel given the rave reviews on the Wavy Hair Community.
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
I'm tempted to try the okra. I've never tried it and my store doesn't carry okra.
Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
Current favorites:
Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
Style: FSG, BRHG
Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
Originally Posted by CurlyGrey3
I have both the okra and the fsg and, while I LOVE both of them and it is really hard to choose, for some reason I find myself reaching for the fsg more often. I really want to try the FSG curl cream and I will, when I start getting low on the FSG and it's time to reorder. I love the idea of an all-in-one product.
2C/Fine Texture/Normal Porosity/Normal Elasticity/Very Humid Climate
I just ordered a small FSG and curl cream. I'm anxious to see how it works. I may not have enough curl for it to be a big deal but I've sure seen some amazing results with waviers than me.
I want some...
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I'm anxious to try it but we'll be moving soon so it will have to be after that. And I should probably list some stuff on the swap boards because I would never finish it!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

I looked at her shop after someone (sorry I can never remember who says what!) mentioned her products and really liked the look of them but unfortunately the postage is just too much. Not her fault, it costs what it costs, postage prices seem to be going up everywhere. Not fair.
3b in South Australia.
Originally Posted by Starmie
No idea if this is practical but apparently three bottles can fit into a flat rate box, you might share with another Australian curly from NC or from the Facebook Aussie Curly Girls group? I am tempted to do that to the UK.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
Unfortunately, the way Etsy is set up, I can only estimate the shipping internationally. I tried to estimate to the best of my ability but already short changed myself by underestimating, thus I had to raise my estimate yet again.
The true shipping charges for international customers will most definitely vary, and I chose the cheapest option that I could find (first class USPS, which provides no tracking, and no insurance)
The only way I can think of around this, would be if one checked out using PayPal, then I could refund the shipping difference, if any, when I knew for sure what the cost would be. I have done this for a Canadian customer.
It is unfortunate that international shipping is so high.
Starmie and Firefox7275 like this.
Is there anybody that had used BB's flax seed gel and this one and can give us a good comparison review?
Firefox7275 likes this.
Firefox - I don't do Facebook and I'm not sure there's any other Aussie curlies visit here any more (I'm very lonely!). Good thought though.

Swtndspcy - I've often though estimating shipping to different places must be a bit of a minefield, probably why so many sellers don't do it, at least you do. I've all but stopped sending presents to my family in the UK because the postage is ridiculously expensive and then there's often customs and import tax issues - it's just not worth it.
Your products do look good though!
3b in South Australia.
Firefox, that's an interesting idea!
Firefox7275 likes this.
UK based, Curly from birth 2b-2c fairly porous with cherub tendencies and frizz halo! Faves include KCKT and Keracare LIs, Deva Curl, CCCCL, Ecosyler gel and Be Curly Curl Enhancer. I don’t mind the odd cone - shhh CG since August 2012
I wanted to mention Sweet Curls owner broke her ankle today. She should be putting up some info on her Etsy page soon regarding timing for orders.
Firefox7275 likes this.
2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
Unfortunately USPS foreign shipping rates have gone up astronomically in the past year. I've done a fair amount of overseas shipping (LHC swap board stuff). A year ago I could ship a hair fork to Germany, USPS first class, for $6. I sent a fork to Germany a few months ago, and postage was $12.75!

So sorry about the broken ankle, swtndspcy. I do want to try the okra gel out, but I'll wait a while to put my order in. Feel better soon!
3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
Starmie, I definitely don't blame you for not wanting to pay the shipping. It is unfortunately the cheapest rates i have found, and they are still very high! I hate shipping charges, and if i could eliminate them, i would.
Curlyinthefog, thanks. As far as broken ankles go, it could have been worse, but still very bad timing!
I do plan on still filling orders, but it's going to be slow and difficult while on crutches.

Sent from my N9100 using CurlTalk App
Firefox7275 likes this.
Don't I know it! My mom broke both her ankles the day her first grandchild was born (my son). She was too excited and rolled a golf cart, so really was lucky it wasn't worse. Anyway, she had surgery and was basically confined to bed for eight weeks. Still, one broken ankle is bad enough and crutches are no fun.
3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
How long does the FSG with preservatives last?
Mixture of 2c/3a curls, fine to med texture

PROTEIN LOVER!!!

Wishing my hair would be more like this ------>
and less like this --------->