• 1 Post By Jhtdrt

Old 09-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #1

Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Any thoughts on Nature's Gate Products?

Found this in Stop and Shop, ingredients look CG to my novice eye, and it felt pretty moisturizing when I used it. I'm not even a week into being CG though so not sure I can judge it's effectiveness yet. I used the Jojoba conditioner.

Anybody use it?
Hair Type: Combo of 2A, 2B and 2C ... with a weird straight underlayer
Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity.

Low Poo: Yes To Cucumbers Color Protection Shampoo

SaMmIe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #2

Oldschoolbabe's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

I have used a couple of the conditioners for co washes for my 4a hair. Very moisturizing but not enough slip so i have to add a VO5 moisture milk on top of NG to detangle. Staple product and cg friendly.

There is an app called curls on the go that list ingredients in products and include reviews. That's how I determine if a product is cg friendly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by Oldschoolbabe; 09-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Oldschoolbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
rbb

Join Date: May 2008

years ago i used their aloe conditioner. it was decent,but i have to admit i had to use a very large amount as leave in so i wasn't saving by not buying an online product. i remember going thru a bottle in less than a week.
and, then they changed all their formulas, and i believe this one had glycerin right up on the top of the list. plus the newer formula was somehow drying to my hair. i think it is cg, but just not what worked for my hair.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, leave in, protein tx: curl junkie products. styling:curl junkie conditioners only at times, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. trying ufdcm. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!! sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
rbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:51 AM   #4

Join Date: Apr 2012

i love their shampoos. I use the herbal one and it makes my curls pop and feel amazing.
hambo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #5

Join Date: May 2013

Love the Awapuhi shampoo and condish and the biotin one!
Purplecurls17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #6

GermanCurl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

Ditto. I've been using Nature's Gate herbal shampoo and condish for about a year and my hair feels great. Also love the smell
GermanCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #7

CurlieCoo's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012

I love the Nature's Gate Tea Tree Calming Shampoo. I've been using it for 6 months or more and it has helped me with my 'sometimes grouchy' scalp.
#1 Recommendation: "Search NaturallyCurly" search function for great info
~2C/3A~ Density-High Porosity-High Texture-Medium Climate-HIGH humidity Water-Hard well
Low-poo: Nature's Gate Tea-Tree Cond: Suave Naturals, Organic Coconut Oil Leave-in: KCKT Styling: KCSS, KCCC, Dr. Bronner's Organic Hair Creme
CurlieCoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #8

Jhtdrt's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013

I just bought the jojoba conditioner today. Cant wait to try it! I have the biotin conditioner and use it as a leave in.
Jhtdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #9

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

I use the Henna conditioner and absolutely adore it!! Makes my hair very shiny and moisturized.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Sevi Pumpkin Seed or Seabuckthorn Berry, YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, Komaza Aloe My Hair LI
PRE-POO/DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, DC Light Defining Gel
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
= glycerin in low dews
sixelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #10

Jhtdrt's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013

Henna is the next one I want to try.
sixelamy likes this.
Jhtdrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #11

wavydaze's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013

I've tried quite a few of their conditioners. They're all CG to my knowledge and fairly good quality.

Here's the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Herbal conditioner - beware of strong smell but otherwise AWESOME! I liked the formula and would repurchase.

2. Jojoba conditioner - I liked this overall, though it's slightly waxy, can't figure out what ingredient so probably will not repurchase as I'm low-po. It did work excellently when I added some honey.

3. Chamomile/Lemon Verbena - this was nice. Doesn't have as much protein so I rarely reach for it.

4. Aloe/Lavender - Not bad. Again not enough protein so I wouldn't repurchase but might work better for someone else. This is subjective but I don't like the smell of lavender.

5. Grapefruit/Ginger - Didn't like this one. It wasn't very moisturizing.

6. Orange Patchouli shampoo and condish - didn't like one or the other or the combo. Can't tell because I used them together. I don't know what it was but they didn't work well.

Next I want to try Henna and Biotin! I do think for whatever reason that their conditioners in the white/cream bottles (Biotin, Herbal, Jojoba, Henna etc.) are better formulated than the green/orange bottles (the more botanical ones). I think if you look at the ingredients that the white-bottle conditioners have fatty alcohols higher up on the list. I think they're also cheaper per ounce. HTH
fine - low porosity - medium density - normal elasticity. Very high dews. Soft water.

Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 2chic BK&AO
RO: TN Radiant Care, Giovanni SaS, Ogx BKT*, Sukin Nourishing, SS Caitlin's, various
LI: sometimes TN Radiant Care
Styler: FSG with CNPF, CJ Pattern Pusha, Volumax Mega, Ouidad Climate Control*, Ogx BKT serum*
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

*have cones
underline = I love these!

iherb discount code: CFN646
wavydaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:49 PM   #12

Join Date: Sep 2013

I do like the Jojoba conditioner, although it is a bit heavy for my hair sometimes so I can't use it all the time. I use it if my hair feels dryer. I'll look around for the Henna too.
Hair Type: Combo of 2A, 2B and 2C ... with a weird straight underlayer
Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity.

Low Poo: Yes To Cucumbers Color Protection Shampoo
Cowash: VO5 Moisture Milks
Styler: KCCC
Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel, Tigi Bed Head Creative Genius gel

Started CG 9/10/13
SaMmIe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #13

Join Date: Oct 2009
Default Any thoughts on Nature's Gate products?

Good to know Are any of them OK for hair that's also colored as well as curly? Thanks! I would think that if they are mild they'd be OK myself. I have 2c-3a hair that's in an inverted bob, but a lot of it.
caramix3a is offline   Reply With Quote