Any thoughts on Nature's Gate Products?

• 1 Post By Jhtdrt

Found this in Stop and Shop, ingredients look CG to my novice eye, and it felt pretty moisturizing when I used it. I'm not even a week into being CG though so not sure I can judge it's effectiveness yet. I used the Jojoba conditioner.

Anybody use it?
Hair Type: Combo of 2A, 2B and 2C ... with a weird straight underlayer
Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity.

Low Poo: Yes To Cucumbers Color Protection Shampoo
Cowash: VO5 Moisture Milks
Styler: KCCC
Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel, Tigi Bed Head Creative Genius gel

Started CG 9/10/13
I have used a couple of the conditioners for co washes for my 4a hair. Very moisturizing but not enough slip so i have to add a VO5 moisture milk on top of NG to detangle. Staple product and cg friendly.

There is an app called curls on the go that list ingredients in products and include reviews. That's how I determine if a product is cg friendly.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by Oldschoolbabe; 09-15-2013 at 09:10 PM.
years ago i used their aloe conditioner. it was decent,but i have to admit i had to use a very large amount as leave in so i wasn't saving by not buying an online product. i remember going thru a bottle in less than a week.
and, then they changed all their formulas, and i believe this one had glycerin right up on the top of the list. plus the newer formula was somehow drying to my hair. i think it is cg, but just not what worked for my hair.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
i love their shampoos. I use the herbal one and it makes my curls pop and feel amazing.
Love the Awapuhi shampoo and condish and the biotin one!
Ditto. I've been using Nature's Gate herbal shampoo and condish for about a year and my hair feels great. Also love the smell
I love the Nature's Gate Tea Tree Calming Shampoo. I've been using it for 6 months or more and it has helped me with my 'sometimes grouchy' scalp.
#1 Recommendation: "Search NaturallyCurly" search function for great info
~2C/3A~ Density-High Porosity-High Texture-Medium Climate-HIGH humidity Water-Hard well
Low-poo: Nature's Gate Tea-Tree Cond: Suave Naturals, Organic Coconut Oil Leave-in: KCKT Styling: KCSS, KCCC, Dr. Bronner's Organic Hair Creme
I just bought the jojoba conditioner today. Cant wait to try it! I have the biotin conditioner and use it as a leave in.
I use the Henna conditioner and absolutely adore it!! Makes my hair very shiny and moisturized.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
Henna is the next one I want to try.
sixelamy likes this.
I've tried quite a few of their conditioners. They're all CG to my knowledge and fairly good quality.

Here's the order from favorite to least favorite:

1. Herbal conditioner - beware of strong smell but otherwise AWESOME! I liked the formula and would repurchase.

2. Jojoba conditioner - I liked this overall, though it's slightly waxy, can't figure out what ingredient so probably will not repurchase as I'm low-po. It did work excellently when I added some honey.

3. Chamomile/Lemon Verbena - this was nice. Doesn't have as much protein so I rarely reach for it.

4. Aloe/Lavender - Not bad. Again not enough protein so I wouldn't repurchase but might work better for someone else. This is subjective but I don't like the smell of lavender.

5. Grapefruit/Ginger - Didn't like this one. It wasn't very moisturizing.

6. Orange Patchouli shampoo and condish - didn't like one or the other or the combo. Can't tell because I used them together. I don't know what it was but they didn't work well.

Next I want to try Henna and Biotin! I do think for whatever reason that their conditioners in the white/cream bottles (Biotin, Herbal, Jojoba, Henna etc.) are better formulated than the green/orange bottles (the more botanical ones). I think if you look at the ingredients that the white-bottle conditioners have fatty alcohols higher up on the list. I think they're also cheaper per ounce. HTH
fine - normal porosity*?- medium density - normal elasticity. Hard water. SoCal.
*Used to be low-porosity, but I lightened my hair 1-2 shades, so I may be normal-porosity now.

New climate! Current favorites:
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni SaS
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
Styler: UFD CM (old formula), FSG + CNPF
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

Experimenting with: JC Confident Coils, JC Rockin Ringlets, CJ CIAB, gelatin gel

iherb discount code: CFN646
I do like the Jojoba conditioner, although it is a bit heavy for my hair sometimes so I can't use it all the time. I use it if my hair feels dryer. I'll look around for the Henna too.
Hair Type: Combo of 2A, 2B and 2C ... with a weird straight underlayer
Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity.

Low Poo: Yes To Cucumbers Color Protection Shampoo
Cowash: VO5 Moisture Milks
Styler: KCCC
Gel: Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel, Tigi Bed Head Creative Genius gel

Started CG 9/10/13
Good to know Are any of them OK for hair that's also colored as well as curly? Thanks! I would think that if they are mild they'd be OK myself. I have 2c-3a hair that's in an inverted bob, but a lot of it.