• 1 Post By wavydaze

Old 09-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #1

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Nature's Gate Henna

I figured I would give a Nature's Gate conditioner a try after hearing good things. I went with the Henna, and used it for the first time today. I have to say that I am absolutely IN LOVE with this product!! My curls have curled wayyyy up and are very bouncy and seem to have clumped a lot better than normal. I don't think my hair is any shinier than it is with my other conditioners, but it's shiny because it's healthy and moisturized. I don't love the fake cherry smell, but I don't hate it. Scent isn't a huge deal to me. I love the thick consistency of this stuff!! Normally I find that conditioners are too thin and don't condition my very thick hair enough, but this one definitely does the trick! I used this as my rinse out as well as my leave in. I will definitely continue to purchase this!
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Sevi Pumpkin Seed or Seabuckthorn Berry, YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, Komaza Aloe My Hair LI
PRE-POO/DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, DC Light Defining Gel
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
= glycerin in low dews
sixelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:29 AM   #2

wavydaze's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013

I've always wanted to try this one! I love the NG Herbal one, but I don't love the smell of it.
sixelamy likes this.
fine - low porosity - medium density - normal elasticity. Very high dews. Soft water.

Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
Low-poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 2chic BK&AO
RO: TN Radiant Care, Giovanni SaS, Ogx BKT*, Sukin Nourishing, SS Caitlin's, various
LI: sometimes TN Radiant Care
Styler: FSG with CNPF, CJ Pattern Pusha, Volumax Mega, Ouidad Climate Control*, Ogx BKT serum*
PT: CJ Repair Me, IAgirl's gelatine

*have cones
underline = I love these!

iherb discount code: CFN646
wavydaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #3

Spiralli's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004

I'm adding this one to my list. I used to like the Aura Cherry Almond Bark conditioner that Sally's used to sell, so I wonder if the scent is similar to that.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length. Modified CG since 5/2004; growing gray since 5/2007.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, rotating others
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, coconut oil overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Terax Crema, Moroccan Oil Restorative Mask, Je Veux Revitalizing Mud Mask, Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix
Spiralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #4

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

I find the cherry smell doesn't stay... it turns into an almost powdery, spicy scent when it's in your wet hair. It's not a very strong scent but it leaves my hair smelling nice - very mild cherry smell.

After using it again, I love it even more! It has protein, which is what my hair needs, so works great as a leave in.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate