Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #21

Join Date: Dec 2011

Originally Posted by CurlyInTheFog View Post
I tried the smoothie again today--on very wet hair, with KCCC on top. We went to a wedding this afternoon, and I got SO many compliments on my hair. So it seems that the smoothie was a big win. Except that, um...boy, I have a lot of other stuff to use up...
That's an awesome problem to have, though!

I would never have thought of that combo - I'll have to try that.

Sent from my XT1056 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #22

Lady_Creole's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013

I tried the Knot Today, [sparingly], then the SM Curling Milk [sparingly], yesterday and wasn't too impressed. Since my hair does not tangle I didn't notice any great improvement so I took the "Knot Today" back to the store.

Today I co-washed my hair with Tresemme' Naturals and used the SM Curling Milk as a leave-in, [I sectioned and applied]. Then I used the SM Smoothie as a styler, [sectioned and applied a lot]. It was creamy white however as my hair dried there was only the shine and curls defined. My hair looked beautiful and was soft.

I love it!
My hair is "exotic, beautiful and free",,,yeah, that be ME!!!
3B/3C - Easy to straighten, [no heat ever/no protect. styling].

Low Porosity/Medium Density
Mid Width/APL-stretched/
BC - 12/2012

I am a "Co-Wash/Finger Comb Lady!

Co-Wash - Tresemme' Naturals Conditioner
Scalp Cleanser - SM ABS Purification Hair Masque
Leave In - SM CH Curl/Shine Conditioner
Hydration - SM CH Curl Smoothie
Styler - KC Curling Custard - 1/4 prod + 3/4 purified water
Deep Conditioner - Deva Curl "Heaven In Hair"

Lady_Creole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #23

Join Date: Jul 2012

I use KCCC over everything. My hair just loves it. I was adding a little BRHG to it, but at this point my curls seem to be holding well without it. I've really been pouring on the protein and that makes a big difference. The smoothie seems to play well with the KCCC, but then I never get the white ball problem that some do with KCCC.
Former longhair, now CG, living in N. California where the fog meets the wind

3a/b, fine, normal porosity/elasticity, high density

Conditioner wash and style, sometimes with a dab of BRHG.
CurlyInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #24

Sounds tempting! !
I would reccomend trying the milk for trials sake.
Also experiment with other conditioners and shampoos from their other lines. I think the one think almost everyone likes is the shampoos. You can't go wrong there! I love the masks. All curlies need moisture

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:58 PM   #25

Puertoricangirl's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012

I used the Shea moisture styling milk and got white flakes from it. It seems to work nicely over my L.A Looks Sport gel and gives me soft curls... but I am experiencing flakes. I'm going to try putting it under my gel and after my leave in I hope that eliminates the flakes! Anyone have this problem too?
3A Curl Pattern, Low Porosity, High Density, Medium Width, Long Length

Loving my curls/waves!

Product loves: Chagrin Valley Shampoo Bars, ACV rinses, Suave Naturals Conditioner wash on in between days, silk scrunchies, Ouidad Curl refreshing spray, Avocado/olive oil/honey deep treatment, Coconut oil on ends/length

Currently waist length while wet and going for waist length while dry!
Puertoricangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #26

Join Date: Mar 2012

Can someone pppplledeaaassseee explain the difference between the milk and smoothie to me?! They both seem like the same product? They're both "leave in " says description but what the heck is the difference.

I've been considering trying one of the two. I am a condition only style girl but recently I need a little more hold. I was recommended the milk and smoothie. I've been reading review after review after review. A common thing I read was that the milk caused gunky build up. Thoughts?

Does anyone recommend either of them for me? I don't like to stack products. So idk if either would cut it for me.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #27

chloe92us's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

I love certain SM products (mainly the shampoos and body lotions), but wasn't impressed by the conditioners, milk, or smoothie. Although the ingredients are great, and my hair usually likes just about everything, they made my hair feel tangled and producty or greasy. I think it's something in the formulations. I would purchase it somewhere you can return it if they don't work for you. The smoothie is thicker, more like a styling cream, and the milk is like a thick conditioner. Neither had very good slip.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Transitioning to gray
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #28

KiraSavannah's Avatar

Join Date: May 2013

I love the shampoos! I like the conditioner as well, but can agree it's lacking slip. I like the curl and style milk, but my hair can't handle the curl enhance smoothie (gets weighed down).I also like their extra moisture detangler, and hold & shine mist.haven't tried the elixir or black soap shampoo!Soon though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly
Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk

Last edited by KiraSavannah; 10-31-2013 at 07:05 AM.
KiraSavannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #29

Join Date: Apr 2013

Conditioned this morning with MR, and used a heavy amount of curling smoothie, and I love it! I think the problem is the gel I'm using, so I need to get a new kind. If you don't like the smoothie, you may not be using enough/using too much
Old 10-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #30

Originally Posted by greencup13 View Post

They're basically the same with the exception of the consistency. I would recommend the milk if you hair is easily worn down by product since it's a lighter version of the smoothie. The smoothie is thicker like a custard. I haven't had any issues with buildup nor film. I think maybe the people who experienced the film or buildup may have used the product with another product that it didn't play well with. I love them both, but the smoothie is best for my hair I like to mix some coconut oil in it and seal my ends with castor oil
Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #31

Join Date: Jul 2012

Shea moisture products are the first ones I used as a natural and I've continued to use them from that point since they never let me down. I've ventured out to try other things, but I always end up going back to my shea moisture. The pink label products are my fave and the green label. The shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie, the shampoo, the yucca and baobab conditioner and shampooo and the deep treatment masque are my faves. The one item I use the most and is my ultimate favorite is the smoothie.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #32

Join Date: Apr 2013

Is there a Shea Moisture product that is a gel or a mousse? I'm looking for a new one .
Old 11-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #33

Join Date: Jul 2011

If curl enhancing smoothie doesn't work for you just use it to detangle before shower. Idk but it works for me lol

Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #34

Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13 View Post
They have a mousse it's with the pink label it's the coconut and hibiscus frizz free curl mousse. They also have a souffle which they call a gel, but I don't consider it one. It's more of a weird styler, A lot of people don't like it because it has a learning curve and can be too oily or sticky for some people since it has agave nectar in it, but I like it mixed with the curl enhancing smoothie.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:51 AM   #35

Join Date: Apr 2013

Does the mousse work well?
Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #36

Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13 View Post
Does the mousse work well?
I'm not a mousse user, so I honestly couldn't tell ya, but I've heard a few people say they liked it.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #37

Originally Posted by greencup13 View Post

okay so I ended up getting the milk because someone stated the smoothie was very thick. I used to last night. I always shower at night, go to sleep with damp hair and wake in the am. I immediately loved the milk. I only used the milk to style. I plopped like always then clipped my top up to air dry all like normal.

My hair was so defined and bouncy! My mom asked if I got my hair cut because my curls just came to life! Love love love love loved it....last night.

Went to bed like and woke up. Pulled my hair down and my hair is still beautiful and bouncy...BUTTTTT its a giant grease ball!!!!!! I washed my hair at 7pm last night and woke at 9 am! Its disgusting! This is major for me because I always shower at night. I just rewet my hair with a spray bottle to see if that helps a little. Ugh a little dissapointed because I love how my curls look just minus the grease part. I really didnt even use that much. I have very thick hair, so I always part my hair and rake the bottom section and the top section with product. I used about a dime for the bottom and a dime for the top.

Anyone have any similar experiences??

Old 11-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #38

Join Date: Jul 2011

@greencup13 try using it only midshaft to ends. I also find that with shea moisture when you use their products together from the same line it works best. I actually washed my hair last night with the coconut and hibiscus cowash, used the smoothie and the moisture mist. Plopped as I got dressed and let it dry as much as it could. After I went to bed post scrunching out an 80 percent dry crunch (I know shameful but waiting it through is my weakness lol). And this is what I got. Now my hair is shorter and I hate experimenting again... my hair is thick too but after ridding my waist length this is another one of my most successful experiments.
I thought it might help.

Attached Thumbnails
Shea Moisture-uploadfromtaptalk1383504144202.jpg   Shea Moisture-uploadfromtaptalk1383504193622.jpg
ginabean98, chloe92us and rosem like this.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #39

Join Date: Mar 2012

Bringingcurlies your hair looks fab!

I'll try the midshaft tonight. Nervous because I'm starting a new job in the am 😬 ill just get up early incase it's a disaster lol

Old 11-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #40

ashlyndmarie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013

This is my current stash. Lol I LOVE shea moisture; their body, baby, skin, and hair products. I'd have to say my favs are:

Moisture retention shampoo