Shea Moisture

I love the detangler!

I use it as a leave-in/styler under gel.

Plz check it out...no one is talking about it and I don't want it to be discontinued! LOL
3b (with 3c tendencies) on modified CG

Can't comment on the detangler cuz I hate the perfumery smell of the "raw" line...but SM Milk has creeped its way back into my low dew routine for moisture and weather/blow dryer protection.

"To much is given, much is expected"
I think we have similar curl characteristics and the detangler was a little too heavy for me. It also moisuturized "too much" if that makes sense. My curls were heavy from this product. I sent it to my friend who has a higher porosity.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
^^^ I suspected it would be a bit heavy...however if they ever change the fragrance to say, sweet orange, I would give it a shot

Originally Posted by NvmbrCurlss
How are you using the milk?
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI, Andalou naturals -GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, CJPP, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I love the souffle, but I think this one is seriously mislabled. It works best as a sealer under the rest of my styling products for bouncy shiny curls. If I use it like a gel I get sticky greasy hair.
The yucca line works for me to give me really nice volume.
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
^^^ I'm adding the milk to my KCKT/EVOO mixture (summer staple). Nickel size dollop of kckt, squirt of EVOO out of an applicator bottle from Sally's, then a dime squeeze of sm milk. Mix in my hands then smooth thru my hair, light super soak and squeeze out access. I get moisturized, shiny curls with soft, flexible, touchable, soft hold!!

Originally Posted by NvmbrCurlss
Thank you. I will have to try this out. I don't have KCKT but I will try with another conditoner.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I used it, soft hold, good definition, and smelled nice. I moved on to the milks though. I would repurchase if it was on sale.

Anybody used SM mousse?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
Ok, so I totally broke down and bought the SM Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo last night. I had previously tried the Moisture Retention shampoo and absolutely hated it! But I have to say, I think I love the C&H shampoo! I used that, then followed it with the curl milk, and my hair is soooo much less frizzy! I was having real problems for the past week or more with highly frizzy hair that I couldn't control. I definitely think these will be my new winter products! I was not expecting to like it at all.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I love the detangler!

I use it as a leave-in/styler under gel.

Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Where did you find this? I just noticed our Walmart carries just a few items from the shea moisture line. I'm going to look around today.

I will definitely check there. Thanks

Ok so today I washed as normal and left in suave coconut in the shower, lots of it, and plopped. I then applied some SM curl milk, about a quarter to each side, and sealed with a butter. I diffused partially and currently waiting for it to completely dry. I definitely can tell I have a lot of volume, very curly and my hair is looking shiny . I will see how it looks at the end of the day and tomorrow. This could be a winner.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
You have beautiful hair... I'm very jealous! (Ansley!!)
I will definitely check there. Thanks

Originally Posted by Curlsnswirls
My results were fantastic, yay. This will definitely be in my rotation.

Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13
Have you seen all of the products on Target's website?? OMG!!! I was drooling!
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13
Have you seen all of the products on Target's website?? OMG!!! I was drooling!
Originally Posted by sixelamy
Yes! I love target haha. I'm a total product junkie hahaha
sixelamy likes this.
I tried the SM curl shampoo and the moisture retention shampoo and I'm impressed! Funny thing is I've had both of them for a while. I gave them to my daughter to try out since I had too many products already. So I took them back. I don't remember if I tried these before but decided to test them out. I didn't even realize (duh!) that they are sulfate free. Anyway, my hair felt clean and not stripped at all. I prefer the scent of the curl one much better but they both worked great.
On another note, I've been having fantastic results with just a leave-in+cream or just conditioner. So now I'm re-testing everything in my cabinets.
I'm currently experimenting with Recoil again .
sixelamy likes this.

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
So far I've tried the SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque which did absolutely nothing to my hair and was even kind of drying.

The style milk is lovely though my hair really likes it!

I'm looking into trying the thickening growth milk to seeing it will really help in growing my hair!