Old 12-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #61

bringingcurliesback?'s Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

Curlsnswirls CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart and Walgreens carry their products too.
You just have to check because its always different.
@sixelamy I have seen it online lol. I want to try the black soap line.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Beast's Favorite Things:
Coarse, High Porosity;CG since 2007
bringingcurliesback? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM   #62

Join Date: Apr 2013

I got the milk, and it works so much better on my hair than the smoothie! Definitely because there's no glycerin in it (my hair hates it). There's still a little frizz left, so I'm gonna try curl and shine shampoo and conditioner soon!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #63

DaniGirl88's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011

I love the SM products! I just ordered more from Walgreens.com and can't wait to try them out. I really like the smoothie and the shine mist (although if I use the shine mist, I have to SOTC). I also like their deep conditioning treatment. I'm excited to try the gel souffle.

By the way, they're on sale at Walgreens right now! Buy one get one 50% off! If you order online, there's an extra code for an additional 14% off too. =)
ButterCurl likes this.

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk
Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Avatar is a product of this lovely lady: Ash The Painter on Tumblr

DaniGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 PM   #64

Originally Posted by DaniGirl88 View Post

I would definitely do this, but they don't have the coconut and hibiscus conditioner:/ I've literally been looking everywhere for it and I can't find it!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #65

Join Date: Dec 2011

BIG new for you SM lovers: there's a new line out, Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair!!

shea moisture monoi at Target

Rinse-Out Conditioner (13 oz, $9.99)
High Shine Glosser (4 oz, $9.99)
Hair & Scalp Weekly Therapy (4 oz, $9.99)
Conditioning Shampoo (13 oz, $9.99)
Nourishing Hair Masque (12 oz, ($11.99)

Ingredient list for the conditioning poo (I'll add the others as they become available):
Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Stearyl Dihydroxypropyldimonium Oligosaccharides, Centrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Disodium Coco-Glucoside Citrate, Lauryl Glucoside, Coco-Glucoside, Sorbitan Sesquicapylate, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3, Trifolium Pratense (Clover) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Tremetes Versicolor Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydolyzed Vegetable Protein, Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, Coconut (Cocos Nucifera) Oil*, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Morinda Citrifolia (Noni) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Glucose, Caprylhydroxamin Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Rapeseed Acid, Sodium Sulfite, Xylose, Capryl Glycol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Urea, Decyl Alcohol, Diheptyl Succinate, Dimethiconol Cysteine Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Sodium Phytate, Citric Acid, Dextran, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Hydroxide
* Certified Organic Ingredient

Doesn't look as natural and CG-friendly as some of their other lines, but I'll let the chemists out there be the judge
DaniGirl88 likes this.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Co-wash: Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Stylers: As I Am Leave-In conditioner
PT: SSI Okra; CJ Repair Me; BASK Whiskey Soak

Last edited by yossarian; 01-03-2014 at 11:12 AM.
yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #66

bringingcurliesback?'s Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011

Oh my gosh!!!!!!
I'm so on it but I have so many products D;

Must not be tempted lol

DaniGirl88's Avatar

Join Date: May 2011

Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13 View Post
Originally Posted by DaniGirl88 View Post

Awww...I'm sorry to hear that! I don't think I've ever seen that in store either. I hope you find it!

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk
Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Avatar is a product of this lovely lady: Ash The Painter on Tumblr

DaniGirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:48 AM   #68

CurlyCita's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014

Ive tried their deep treatment masque, smoothie, and conditioner. Dont care too much for the smoothie but i might use it again in warmer weather. The conditioner is good as a detangler although i left it in a few days ago and braided my hair because i was too lazy to rinse out and apply my cantu. I dont "love" the deep treatment masque (not as good as my Cantu leave in) but i dont hate it either. Ill prob just alternate between the two every week just to use it up.
Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity (:. 16 months natural!
Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
DC: sat or sun w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
Cowash: VO5 Coconut Conditioner
Wash: Prepoo w/coconut oil mid of week wash w/As I Am Cowash & on DC days
Leave In- Shea Moisture Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
Sealer: Coconut Oil
Hot oil Treatments: Olive oil&honey maybe once a month.
CurlyCita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #69

Join Date: Apr 2013

Have any of y'all tried the cowash conditioner?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #70

JuliaRose's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13 View Post
Have any of y'all tried the cowash conditioner?
The Coconut & Hibiscus Cowash? I have. I went straight to that, instead of a shampoo because I have frizz issues and not shampooing seems to help so far (I'm a CG newbie).

I feel like it takes a lot of product to get it throughout my hair, but I like the results.
JuliaRose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #71

ashlyndmarie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013

I tried the new tahitian noni & monoi line this evening. I only got 3 of the 5 products: shampoo, rinse out conditioner, and the nourishing masque. The whole line smells like a mix of musk & chemicals. Its a light scent, definitely not floral, or shea smelling. I can only describe it as earthy/chemical-ly/musk smell.

The shampoo lathered up very quickly and removed the kinky curly curling custard I had applied earlier today. It tangled my hair very badly.

The rinse out conditioner instantly detangled what the shampoo had caused. It was light, creamy, and did a good job of returning lost moisture.

The treatment masque was alright. It didnt feel amazing after i rinsed it out. I slept overnight with it. Honestly left like i put in a v05 conditioner....nothing crazy.

I tried it before i straightened and my straight hair wasnt any better than it usually is. so far, this line isn't anything amazing for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
ashlyndmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 AM   #72

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by yossarian View Post

shea moisture monoi at Target

Rinse-Out Conditioner (13 oz, $9.99)
High Shine Glosser (4 oz, $9.99)
Hair & Scalp Weekly Therapy (4 oz, $9.99)
Conditioning Shampoo (13 oz, $9.99)
Nourishing Hair Masque (12 oz, ($11.99)

* Certified Organic Ingredient

I'm with you on the not so natural aspect. I bought it yesterday and tried it out last night. The shampoo, conditioner, and weekly therapy. The weekly therapy leaves a nasty film that won't seem to come out with the matching shampoo. I ended up sulfate washing it out. Not a fan of that. While I absolutely LOVE the smell of this stuff, it didn't do much for my curls. I was hoping the keratin would do wonders, because my hair loves it. Sadly, I might return... or maybe just use the shampoo as a body wash. It does have a cooling feeling on the scalp which I like. My boyfriend wanted to jump me because my hair smelled so good lol
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Sevi Pumpkin Seed or Seabuckthorn Berry, YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, Komaza Aloe My Hair LI
PRE-POO/DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, DC Light Defining Gel
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
= glycerin in low dews

Last edited by sixelamy; 02-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.
sixelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #73

ProfessorPigToy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014

I love their moisture retention shampoo and conditioner (yellow label). My favourite! I personally like the smell a lot, but others don't, so make sure to give it a sniff before you buy.
ProfessorPigToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #74

CurlyCutie1394's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012

Curl and shine shampoo and the curl enhancing smoothie are my favorites
CurlyCutie1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #75

Join Date: Apr 2013

I tried a few products from them, and I felt like the CES and milk would just sit on top of my hair. They even left white flakes all in my hair. Maybe I was using too much!