-   -   Is Wen all that if you're already CG? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/163825-wen-all-if-youre-already-cg.html)

MaggieT 10-08-2013 09:55 AM

Is Wen all that if you're already CG?

I told one of my curly aunts about the CG method, and she decided to try Wen as a result of the conversation. She is RAVING about the stuff and wants me to try it.

But my question is, is Wen so great if you're already CG and using a cowash? I see it has silicones way down on the ingredient list . . . but she's saying it's stopped her hair from shedding in the shower. Is that just because she was using poos before -- or should I try this stuff?

Your advice appreciated!

sixelamy 10-08-2013 10:44 AM

I personally think it's way overpriced for what it is. I've never used it, but have heard very mixed reviews. I tried a very similar product (RenPure) and absolutely hated it. It obviously isn't CG. Yes, it would probably be beneficial for someone who is coming off of sulfates. But will it be beneficial from someone coming off already cowashing? That's for you try and decide. If you don't like it you can always go back to CG. There's no harm experimenting. Depends how your hair reacts to cones.

SaMmIe10 10-08-2013 11:08 AM

I really didn't like it when I tried it .... I felt like my hair had lots of build up and didn't get clean ... I've had much more success and ease cleaning my hair since going CG and using VO5 as a cowash ... Wen was hard to use for me and really expensive

MyRoyalFamily4 10-08-2013 12:14 PM

I love Wen

I personally love Wen and It works on EVERYONE in my family. Straight, Wavy or Kinky it works. I have co-washed and it is great but Wen feels better. My hair is a 3b 3c 4a mix and extremely dry but my hair is changing with wen. It is the first time my hair is literally squeaky clean ( I heard it squeak ) and soft and detangled and awesome. Co-washing never changed my hair that way. You can see my family and all our different hair types here My Royal Family 4: Quest For A Good Hair Day. I must admit the first time I tried Wen I didn't know how to use it properly. I made some mistakes but now I prefer to use Wen instead of just co-washing. I love it so much I went to the actual hair studio to have my hair done. I learned a lot but I also learned no one can do my hair better than me! I went with my mother and sisters. I gained more confidence in my hair. The right product will do that.

mrsjessepinkman 10-08-2013 05:27 PM

It wasn't that great for me, my favorite co-washing conditioner is actually just vo5. I love it as a rinse-out too, it's just a great product. Wen has too much protein for me.