Knot Today leave in: Sudsing?

Today I tried the As I Am Cowash for the first time. I also tried the Kinky Kurly Knot Today Leave In for the first time.

After I thoroughly rinsed out the As I Am Cowash, I applied the Kinky Kurly Knot Today, about a quarter size to my soaking wet hair. My hair starting Sudsing.

I am not sure if I didn't rinse out the As I Am well enough or if it was the Knot Today.

I co washed with As I Am and rinsed my hair again, and this time I just applied my Batia and Aleeza styling gel to my hair w/out the Knot Today, and I got no Sudsing.

I would rather only use two products if possible, so I will not use the Knot Today, since I don't think I need it.

Has anyone else experienced any Sudsing when applying the Knot Today? The As I Am didn't suds when I was co washing, so I don't think it was that product.
Conditioner Wash and Leave-In Albert VO5 Strawberry Soy Moisture Milk Conditioner

Gel Styling Product: Batia and Aleeza Bio-Mineral Sculpting Gel
I've only got sudsing with one product (not this one), but I also had an allergic reaction to it - I just felt like my hair was rejecting it. I've never had that problem with KCKT.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I've never had that problem with KCKT but I have with Giovanni Direct Leave-in.
I've just recently started using KCKT again after a long break and it's still as nice as I remember - no sudsing for me.
3b in South Australia.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
Originally Posted by Jhtdrt
That's funny.. mine came from Giovanni Smooth As Silk
Originally Posted by sixelamy
I thought maybe I was just using too much of it. Maybe it's just the brand?
I thought it was just me...My hair suds/lathers with kckt. And I use come clean before I apply kckt. I always make sure to rinse it out thoroughly. But for whatever reason kckt causes my hair to sud.

Does anyone know why this may be?
Updated April 6, 2010

CG Method

Type: 3b
Porous, normal elasticity, and coarse texture

Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
Styling: CJ, jojoba oil, KCCC
DT: CJ Curl Rehab, CR Algae Deep conditioner
Lots of leave-in conditions when applied to my wet or damp hair become sudsy.

I had a look and it's probably the Cetyl Alcohol reacting with water.
I had the same problem the first couple of time I used it. I realized I was using way too much. I read the back of the bottle and it said for loose curls use a "moderate amount" and for thick coarse curls use a "generous amount". I guess what I thought was moderate was actually generous. I went from using a quarter size amount to a nickle or less and it worked a lot better.
3b - medium texture, normal to high porosity, medium density

Low-poo - L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo
RO/Co-wash - Aussie Moist (HG)
LI - Giovanni Direct LI (HG)/ KCKT
Styler - LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel (HG)/ KMF Upper Management Gel/ Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
DC - Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
Hmmm... interesting. Sudsing with Kinky Curly Knot Today. I have this product, and I can't wait to try it on my hair.
Last relaxer: May or June 2007
BC: May 10, 2013
Type: 3b/3c
Hair properties: curly, wavy & fine texture; medium thick to thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity

Current Loves:
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Black African Soap Deep Cleansing, Shea Moisture Moisture Retention, Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Clarifying, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla
Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Leave-In: Design Essentials HCO Leave-In Conditioner and Blow Drying Lotion
It could be a dud maybe? Like an issue with the one you have specfically? So weird. .. I was gonna say it was probably reacting with something in the aia but you said you rinsed it. I personally have used the two products. I'll report if I have a similiar science experiment in my hair lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Beast's Favorite Things:
Shea Moisture
Kinky Curly
Curl Junkie
Natural Stuff
BC #2: 10/2/13
2c/3a/3b w/ loose botticellis, whirls and curls,
Coarse, High Porosity;CG since 2007
The As I Am Cleansing Wash is not working for me. It's just too thick, and I don't think I rinsed it out enough when I applied the KKKT.

I am using the KKKT with my BRHG, and it's working well.

Gel Styling Product: Batia and Aleeza Bio-Mineral Sculpting Gel
this happens to me with all conditioners if use too much or if my hair is too wet when im raking it in