Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel?

I've been thinking of trying this product for a while. I've never been a big fan of gel but I'm finding that I need something with a bit more hold and to keep frizzes at bay. Not TONS of hold, I still want my hair to move and be soft, but some.

So how do you like this gel? What's the hold like? How well does it work with leave-ins?
3b - medium texture, normal to high porosity, medium density

Low-poo - L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo
RO/Co-wash - Aussie Moist (HG)
LI - Giovanni Direct LI (HG)/ KCKT
Styler - LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel (HG)/ KMF Upper Management Gel/ Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
DC - Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
I love Kiss My Face Upper Management! It's one of my favourites!

It's a thick gel, which helps hold my curls in place while my hair dries, but the crunch scrunches out easily for me. The smell is very light and citrusy. I suspect that it closes the cuticles of my hair because when I apply it, I can feel a big difference in my hair, but that's my impression, not a scientific observation. The price tag is very attractive also.

CGing since July 2008
FYI there was a recent formula change. It now has glycerin I believe.

I tried the old formula and it wasn't for me. It flash-dried like crazy, making application difficult and uneven and I ended up with frizz in high dews (bc of the aloe and panthenol and hyaluronic acid undoubtedly).

I can't say anything about the new formula. Since it has glycerin, I have to avoid it.

Good luck!

iherb discount code: CFN646
I wonder what on earth is so much different about our hair properties that your hair flash dried when you applied KMFUM. My hair is fine and low porosity too, and it definitely doesn't dry out when I use it, but stays sopping wet, and takes the usual hours to dry.

CGing since July 2008
Sorry to respond twice, but I wonder if you can tell me, is the packaging the same on the new formula? (I'm wondering if I should be looking for old stock, and that would be easier if it's not the same packaging.)

CGing since July 2008
I have the old formula without glycerin, and I like it. Its texture is good for clumping, but I do have to use another gel on top. If you're looking for a light/medium hold, it would be a good one to try.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
Join Date: May 2012
Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock
I get the same flash dry effect. It's like it sucks the water out of my hair and it makes it very frizzy and difficult to apply.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
+1. I had seen so many good reviews, & decided to pick up a couple of bottles of the old formula when I heard it was being changed. Sadly, it left my fine, LP hair very frizzy and undefined

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi
2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
Low-poo: Bobeam and CV poo bars; Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell
Conditioner: Acure Argan Oil & Stem Cell; Desert Essence Shea
Stylers: Sweet Curls Elixir Curl Cream; SM CES
PT: BASK Whiskey Soak
Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock
Not sure, considering we're basically hair twins. Assuming we're using the same formula, one variable might be the traces of the ROs we use and how they interact with the gel.

All Natural Upper Management Styling Gel from Kiss My Face

From the site it looks like the packaging is the same. Best check the ingredients.

it looks like the packaging is the same
Well, that's a bummer. Now I wonder about the KMFUM I got the last time I ordered from VitaCost.

Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock
I ordered mine (old formula) from DrVita, and according to the ingredient listing on their website it's still the glycerin-free version.

2c/3a, BSL, medium, low porosity
All Natural Upper Management Styling Gel from Kiss My Face

Originally Posted by wavydaze
When I saw this at Whole Foods it was in a white bottle. How odd

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
Thank you for that link. I'll have to check it out!

Originally Posted by yossarian
You can't trust that a website has changed the ingredients list with a reformulation. Most don't pay attention to such things. They just aren't as "picky" about ingredients as we are. I'd email them and ask (I do that when I know there's a reformulation) and see. Usually, that gives them the "clue" that they need to change the ingredient list.

If you remember the Deva debacle from about four years ago. The changed the formula, but didn't change the labels. Thought it didn't matter and wanted to use up the old ones.

Originally Posted by yossarian
Thanks for the link! I ordered right away when I saw the free shipping. I guess I'll see whether it's the old or new formula. I don't think my hair has issues with glycerin so hopefully it won't be a problem.
3b - medium texture, normal to high porosity, medium density

Low-poo - L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo
RO/Co-wash - Aussie Moist (HG)
LI - Giovanni Direct LI (HG)/ KCKT
DC - Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
LOL at the Deva debacle - I remember that Kathymack. I tried the old formula as well of the Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel and didn't have much luck. Seemed to make my hair crispy and stringy no matter how much I used.
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
i looked for this gel today at whole foods and I guess mine doesnt carry it
It appears that a lot of places are out of stock right now, probably waiting for the new formula (which is in a white tube) to come in, so there's a good chance that's the case at your Whole Foods.

Unfortunately, the new formula is quite a bit different, so it's hard to say how it will perform in comparison to the old one. I'm trying to find old stock, since I know that was right for my hair. (If anyone has unloved KMFUM they want to get rid of, please let me know.)