-   -   Switching from Curls Rock? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/164150-switching-curls-rock.html)

Julie10 10-17-2013 10:48 AM

Switching from Curls Rock?

Hi I'm new! I was hoping your girls might have some direction for me.
I have used Tigi Curls Rock for probably 5 years. They switched the formula to Curlesque and I'm not a fan - it dries my hair out.
So I'm on the hunt for a new styling product that is similar to Curls Rock.
Before you answer - keep in mind a few things - I want to keep it budget friendly (paying $26 for a bottle vs. $12). I am very low maintenence. I use shampoo & conditioner every morning, comb thru, put on Curls rock, scrunch, let it air dry and then style it a bit from there. I've tried the new EverCurl but there isn't any hold (which I love crunch free but it wasn't enough hold to lock my curls/waves in so they could dry and set. They just sort of wimped out).

I have 2C blonde hair. VERY thick, parts of it are coarse. Parts are curlier than others. Other parts I have to coax into a curl/wave. My hair has loosened as I've had children.

Okay - any suggestions? :icon_smile:

WurlyLox 10-17-2013 12:08 PM

Not having used Curls Rock, it's hard to know what would compare to it. Have you checked out products in the signatures of people in the 2 forum who seem to have hair similar to yours? That's how I've found most products I like. It helps narrow things down a little without so much trial and error of so many different things.

Stalk them! :)

chloe92us 10-17-2013 07:30 PM

AG Recoil performs similarly for me, but it's not cheap either!!!!

asianrunner 10-24-2013 11:05 PM

I know that Mop Curl Defining Cream used to be compared to Curls Rock. IDK if the formulas are similar though.