Switching from Curls Rock?

Hi I'm new! I was hoping your girls might have some direction for me.
I have used Tigi Curls Rock for probably 5 years. They switched the formula to Curlesque and I'm not a fan - it dries my hair out.
So I'm on the hunt for a new styling product that is similar to Curls Rock.
Before you answer - keep in mind a few things - I want to keep it budget friendly (paying $26 for a bottle vs. $12). I am very low maintenence. I use shampoo & conditioner every morning, comb thru, put on Curls rock, scrunch, let it air dry and then style it a bit from there. I've tried the new EverCurl but there isn't any hold (which I love crunch free but it wasn't enough hold to lock my curls/waves in so they could dry and set. They just sort of wimped out).

I have 2C blonde hair. VERY thick, parts of it are coarse. Parts are curlier than others. Other parts I have to coax into a curl/wave. My hair has loosened as I've had children.

Okay - any suggestions?
Not having used Curls Rock, it's hard to know what would compare to it. Have you checked out products in the signatures of people in the 2 forum who seem to have hair similar to yours? That's how I've found most products I like. It helps narrow things down a little without so much trial and error of so many different things.

Stalk them!
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
AG Recoil performs similarly for me, but it's not cheap either!!!!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I know that Mop Curl Defining Cream used to be compared to Curls Rock. IDK if the formulas are similar though.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix