Old 10-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

Join Date: Oct 2013
Default Switching from Curls Rock?

Hi I'm new! I was hoping your girls might have some direction for me.
I have used Tigi Curls Rock for probably 5 years. They switched the formula to Curlesque and I'm not a fan - it dries my hair out.
So I'm on the hunt for a new styling product that is similar to Curls Rock.
Before you answer - keep in mind a few things - I want to keep it budget friendly (paying $26 for a bottle vs. $12). I am very low maintenence. I use shampoo & conditioner every morning, comb thru, put on Curls rock, scrunch, let it air dry and then style it a bit from there. I've tried the new EverCurl but there isn't any hold (which I love crunch free but it wasn't enough hold to lock my curls/waves in so they could dry and set. They just sort of wimped out).

I have 2C blonde hair. VERY thick, parts of it are coarse. Parts are curlier than others. Other parts I have to coax into a curl/wave. My hair has loosened as I've had children.

Okay - any suggestions?
Julie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #2

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Not having used Curls Rock, it's hard to know what would compare to it. Have you checked out products in the signatures of people in the 2 forum who seem to have hair similar to yours? That's how I've found most products I like. It helps narrow things down a little without so much trial and error of so many different things.

Stalk them!
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #3

chloe92us's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013

AG Recoil performs similarly for me, but it's not cheap either!!!!
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Transitioning to gray
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
chloe92us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #4

asianrunner's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009

I know that Mop Curl Defining Cream used to be compared to Curls Rock. IDK if the formulas are similar though.
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix