-   -   Question to CJ Smoothing Lotion Users re Scent (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/164208-question-cj-smoothing-lotion-users-re-scent.html)

MirCurls 10-18-2013 05:40 PM

Question to CJ Smoothing Lotion Users re Scent

Well, it's actually taken me this long to get to a new bottle. However, the scent seems different. My original bottle I bought when Smoothing Lotion first came out (2010?) This other one I bought maybe in 2011 or early 2012. I buy up a lot in sales and hold on to them. My first bottle had a STRONG vanilla/cotton candy smell. It was actually nice, it refreshed hair. The new bottle has almost no scent, a little bit of a waxy smell. Nothing nasty smelling, just not like the FIRST bottle.

Did the scent change after it's debut? Anyone? I'm trying to figure out if it's too old/going bad or just got a subtler scent after debut.

I opened another of my back-up bottles, and it's also hardly scented, a bit waxy. Worried I have to ditch a lot of money's worth.

OK. Let me know.:):-|

sixelamy 10-18-2013 05:46 PM

I don't know.. I just recently bought some (like in the past month) and it smells pretty strongly of a powdery smell.

MirCurls 10-18-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by sixelamy (Post 2216912)

Dang. Then mine may be too old. I'll wait on some more replies before ordering more...THANKS.

sixelamy 10-18-2013 06:02 PM

I would email and see if you can exchange products for a proper smelling one. It may not be old, it may be just simply she forgot to add fragrance, or ran out during the batch.

rbb 10-20-2013 07:13 AM

i agree that you should email marsha first. she might be lightening up scents as so many people complain about scents in general. i don't use it often enough to say if it has changed. that particular smell never bothered me.

CurlyGrey3 10-20-2013 09:02 AM

I'm fairly sensitive to scents and I find my smoothing lotion doesn't have much if a scent at all.

Kilajo 10-20-2013 12:23 PM

Mine doesn't have much of a scent. I was pleasantly surprised when I bought this last week.

Jessiebanana 10-21-2013 01:59 PM

I've gone through 3-4 bottles this year and mine never smelled strongly of cotton candy. Kind of like a sweet, but mellow vanilla-floral-slightly powdery smell. Nice but not in your face, thank goodness. I only started using this product this year.

MirCurls 10-23-2013 04:15 PM

Thanks for the replies. Seems she did maybe tone down the scent. Since I could not recall the purchase dates for these (though one would be early 2013), I doubt Marsha could pinpoint batches. Thanks, again. I'll just slap some on my hair next week and see how it performs.