-   -   Need new products with current formulas (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/164757-need-new-products-current-formulas.html)

shellstar 11-03-2013 12:28 AM

Need new products with current formulas

So many things I loved have changed formulas.
I am especially mad at the new Matrix Biolage formulas! The ultra hydrating balm and conditioning balm were great. I had lots of the old formula, but now it's gone. The new ones are making my hair feel dry, the water evaporates as soon as I wash it, and it tangles like crazy.
I am ready to move on! I want to try something new. Holy Grail ideas?

1st- Any help for a very moisturizing conditioner with no parabens, no proteins, no cones? Also, my hair does not like a lot of oil (coconut, apricot, shea, etc).

2nd- How about a moisturizing shampoo- no or low sulfates, protein free, NO salicylic acid, low/no oils?

Thank you for any help.I am willing to try co too.

kathymack 11-03-2013 05:07 AM

The best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free Once you determine your properties, you can look for others with hair like yours and see what they use. It's a great place to start.

Brigettelowe521 11-03-2013 06:27 AM

I feel your pain about the biolage formulas! I was so upset when they changed, but it was actually a blessing in disguise for me b/c it led me to a quest for even better products. I've been using Ouidad's climate control frizz reducing shampoo & conditioner, Dermorganic masque (deep conditioner once a week), As I Am leave in conditioner. I absolutely love my new deep conditioner and my new leave in. They're both very moisturizing & don't weigh my hair down. I also like Giovanni's shampoos & conditioners (but not his leave in).