Shea Moisture C&H line

• 2 Post By sixelamy
  • 2 Post By Curlsnswirls
  • 1 Post By waymire01
  • 1 Post By SortaRican

So the Coconut and Hibiscus line = AMAZING! I tried their Moisture Retention line before and absolutely hated it. The Shampoo left my hair dry, and the Masque left my curls completely flat. I was so curious about this line, but super scared to spend the money to try it. At least Target refunds products, which I've had to do many a time before, so that was my only comfort.

I had purchased the Curl & Style Milk, along with the Souffle a long time ago. There was something I just didn't like about them, so ended up returning them both. I ended up purchasing the milk again later, and liked it! So then BotticelliBrit was all over the place on here recommending the shampoo, so of course I totally broke down and bought it. While I was there I picked up the Smoothie as well, thinking it was going to be wayyyy too heavy for my LP hair.

So - a note about the shampoo. Not only does it leave my hair suuuuuper soft, it leaves my face very soft as well! Yes folks, this is my new face wash! It is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Try it out!

The smoothie - I love it a lot better than the milk! I haven't even been leaving in my RO anymore, and my hair has never felt better with this product in. It may elongate my curls just a tad, in the underlayer where it doesn't curl so much anyway - but that's alright with me if I can trade it for hair that's not dry! I'm thinking I need to find a styler with this to help out a bit, but I really disliked the Soufflé.

I found the conditioner online, but it's not sold in any of the stores around here. Bummer! That will definitely end up being my next purchase for winter product.
BotticelliBrit and Jaeaaliyah like this.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I use my SM shampoos as face & body wash too! You should check out the SM baby line- the head to toe washes are AWESOME!
sixelamy likes this.
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip
I can use the smoothie for everything, I swear. Leave in, scrunch out, 2nd day redefine, it's super versatile.
sixelamy and Jaeaaliyah like this.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
Great...you all are making me want to purchase this for the 3rd time. Honestly, I don't think I gave it a fair try the other two times I purchased. I just didn't know when to use it or how..Looks like I'll be making a trip to the store.
sixelamy likes this.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
OMG I saw today all the products this line has and it left me drooling!! I agree, very versatile!

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I use a pea sized amount on the ends of my hair before stylers and it's made a big difference. Half that rubbed to make my hands shiny to scrunch out. Sometimes the same if I've combed out my waves (shhh) in second say refines it.
I like the Smoothie from the C&H line, hated the shampoo but most of my other products are from the SM Raw Moisture Retention line:-) I might have to try them as a face wash, I never even thought to use it on my face!
Jaeaaliyah likes this.
I really want to try the milk! It's the next on my "to buy" list. So far I've only tried the shampoo and the Hold and Shine mist. Love the shampoo, but I hated the mist. It dries extremely sticky.
3b - medium texture, normal to high porosity, medium density

Low-poo - L'Oreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo
RO/Co-wash - Aussie Moist (HG)
LI - Giovanni Direct LI (HG)/ KCKT
Styler - LA Looks Mega Mega Hold Gel (HG)/ KMF Upper Management Gel/ Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
DC - Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque
Originally Posted by LavenderNails
The milk is really good for looser curls and waves because you don't have to use as much. Honestly, I use it along with the smoothie and my hair is soo soft and smells nice.
Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Cowash: Curls Unleashed No Restrictions Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
Leave-In: Curls Unleashed No Boundaries
Oils: olive, argan, and Jamaican Black castor oils
This thread makes me endlessly happy!

YAY for SM!
Allie

3A with some 3B thrown in. Medium porosity. High density. Low-medium thickness.

Pre-poo: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Conditioner: Faith in Nature or
Shea Moisture Raw Restorative
D/C: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra Moist Deep Moisture Mask

Leave-in: My DNA
Styler: Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity or
Umberto Giannini Scrunching Jelly

UK curly. CG since October 2013.
Aiming for WL curls (eventually)
Yeah, I don't have to use a lot of of the milk or the smoothie, they are going to last me forever!!

This is the first time I've gotten 3rd day hair without my hair feeling completely gunky and dry. It's well hydrated, super soft, shiny, and just all around amazing! Last night I made my boyfriend touch my hair like 5 times lol. I can't stop running my fingers over it, it feels soooo good! Needless to say my hair was a frizzy poofy mess last night, but refreshed this morning using the milk in a spray bottle, the smoothie on top, and my hair has minimal frizz!
Cally and Jaeaaliyah like this.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
So I tried the milk yesterday. Left in a lot of suave coconut conditioner and plopped. Then I applied about a quarter size of the milk to each half of my hair and sealed with a butter. I diffused partially and then air dried. I will have to say that I am very happy with my results. I had soft and shiny hair and today was a very good day as well. I had no crunch and my hair felt very light and like I didn't have any product in it. I got a lot of volume too. I'm really surprised at how well it worked for my hair. I still can't believe it and I didn't use gel. I love the way it smells . So I will definitely be using this regularly. I was getting a little tired of the producty feel with a couple of my gels so this was a very nice change. I don't know how it will work in the summer but if it works all winter for me, I will be very pleased.
I will continue to use it and hope I don't end up getting over conditioned. Next, the smoothie.....
sixelamy and Jaeaaliyah like this.
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066
I have a hard time with build up from this line.. even though I love using them. They do amazing on the first wash but second/third day hair is very weighed down so I seldom ever reach for them. I wanted to mention their body wash for those using the shampoo as face wash etc. I started with the baby version and loved it.. then bought the C&H body wash and it's even better. Way more moisturizing. I don't see why you could not use the shampoo though, the bottles are the same price/size and I used shampoo for years as body wash before I went CG because I found it so much more moisturizing as well as less expensive (I used Suave almond and shea butter in the big pump bottles). I also used the conditioner as shave cream. Now I am trying to cut the sulfates out of all my products if possible.
Jaeaaliyah likes this.
Yeah, it can build up on some after a while. I can only use these products in the winter. I low poo once a week or every two weeks or I'll start getting weighed down a bit. I use YTCucs to do this, works great.

Originally Posted by sixelamy
Walgreens carries the conditioner by me. For some reason Target doesn't carry it though.
3A

LI: HSH Tri-wheat spray
DT: Coconut oil
PT: Henna/Cassia
Styler: AG recoil/mousse-gel
I love the SM Coconut and Hibiscus line! The SMCES is a must have styler for me. I use the Curl and Style Milk as a LI. I recently started using the C&S Conditioner and I think I like it, I typically use it as a cowash or after I use it with the Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo (which I'm not sure I really love, but I use it so rarely that I'm not sure when I'll run out so I can try something new). I hate the Gel Souffle, it leaves my hair feeling sticky and weird....it does nothing for me.

I recently purchased the Deep Treatment Masque which I have yet to try as well as the Elixir. I want to try the Tahitian Noni & Monoi line.
3b/3c