What brand shampoo should I use?

Join Date: Nov 2013
For a while I've been using Shea Moisture shampoo. It's good, gets the job done, but it costs too much. I use a cheap conditioner (VO5, it's really great and moisturizes my hair!) but I don't feel like I can skimp on shampoo. However, I don't want it to be unreasonably expensive.

I'm looking for a great bottle of shampoo, $5 and under, with no silicones in it. Any suggestions?
Hair type: 4b with 3c on top
High density, medium porosity, thick with medium width strands, back grows faster than front

Length: APL | BSL | MBL | WL
I like mane n tail shampoo but it's not cg
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
I like Yes to Cucumbers, but I think I got mine for $7. You may want to check out Nature's Gate on iherb... I think it's around $6... but if you use a discount code you can get it for around $4.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
Originally Posted by sixelamy
Do you like it more than yes to carrots shampoo? That one dried my hair out
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
I've never tried the Yes to Carrots. The Cucs is a bit drying, so I use this when I need a refresher from my Shea Moisture products. Then I leave my RO in for about 5 minutes while I finish up and my hair is great.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Cond./ YTCucs, Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, SS CEJ
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I recommend also the YesToCucumbers. (Not the YTCarrots or YTBlueberries... those have sulfates.)

Also get the new sulfate-free YestoCucumbers formula (it says "sulfate-free" on the bottle. I don't find it stripping.

I think it's around $7... but i read recently a thread about coupons for YesTo products... I think print it online? You can search for the thread... and so get it down to $5 or so.
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Low-poo: Jason Mango bodywash

guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

^Here it is!

"If you were not able to access the YES TO web store at Yes To™... Natural Skin & Hair Care Products during the Cyber Monday $2 pricing sale and would like another chance at the sale, please submit your email to the form below before 12:00 pm PST, Friday, December 6, 2013."
2BC/f/II. fine - low/normal porosity - medium density - normal elasticity.

Low-poo: Jason Mango bodywash

light moisture, hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
I think you can definitely skimp on shampoo. Conditioner is where its important because it does the bulk of your repair/moisturizing work. To me my shea moisture shampoo lathers up just the same as my v05.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App