Found my miracle product....Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip

• 1 Post By nnmay

Ok..... I will start off by saying that although I don't post on here a lot, I have been a member here since 2006. Lol. When I think about it, I can't believe I have been focused on finding perfect hair products that long, AND it has taken me this long to find it. Lol. don't get me wrong, over the years I have found some wonderful suggestions on here and have tried hundreds of different products that have been mentioned on here and from trying those, I have found some decent products. But none of the products I bought would ever give me consistently good hair. A month or so ago, I was browsing on here and happened to read a thread on conditioner only styling. I read it, and thought, " that's nice for them, but that would NEVER work for me. I need at least 2 products (usually 3) to have even close to decent hair". Fast forward a few days and it was Saturday, and I knew I wasn't leaving the house so I thought "I will just put my leave in conditioner (Garnier Fructis Hydra Recharge Moisture Whip Leave in) in.....I will just put more of it than I normally use". An hour later I looked in the mirror and my hair looked great. I just thought it was a fluke though. It was Saturday, and I didn't have to rush out the door, so I could let my hair dry without messing with it. So I tried again on Sunday, when I did have to rush out the door to go to church. Again, my hair looked awesome. So I tried it again on Monday when I had to go to work. Again, perfect hair. I had been using it for 3 weeks and never had a bad hair day in those three weeks. That has never happened. I don't know that I have ever had a perfect hair day, much less more than 1 in a row. I told my sister about it (my twin sister....so we have the same wavy/curly) hair. She laughed and said "there is no way a leave in conditioner alone would account for such good hair". she did not tell me, but several days later, she decided to try it and didn't tell me until she had used it for a week. She told me two days ago that she had used it alone for a week and had wonderful hair that whole week. So it's not just me!

What surprised me was that I had been using it as a leave in along with other products for at least 6 months, and it was nothing special in combination with other products. It wasn't until I used it ALONE that I realized it was my HG product.

I have no idea if it is CG. I wet my hair every day in the shower and low poo with sulfate free shampoo once a week.

wavydaze likes this.
Ahh that's awesome! I have the same perspective you used to have referring to, "needing 2 or more products" but hmm maybe that's what I need to do!

Originally Posted by nnmay
Could you please link me to that thread? I'm having trouble finding it and I'd like to read it too.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
Wow, congratulations!
I was just looking at this product at target today!! But I ended up getting Kinky Curly Knot Today. I will definitely be trying it next. There's also one I saw that had similar, but less ingredients, by Nexxus, I think I will try both.

ETA: Dove also has a version of this leave in!

Last edited by KinkyCoilyCurls; 01-22-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Originally Posted by nnmay

Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
Co-washes: VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze or Strawberries & Cream
RO: VO5 KLS or S&C, Cure Care
LI (if needed): VO5 S&C, VO5 KLS, Cure Care
Stylers: FSG, L'Oreal Studio Clean gel, Tresemme Flawless Curls Bouncy Curls gel
PT: IAGirl's as needed