Which gel can I use over KCKT?

• 1 Post By bringingcurliesback?

So I bought KCKT and KCCC together and I've used all the KCCC already. I have about half of a bottle of KCKT that I would like to try with another product, maybe cheaper than KCCC. Any recommendations? I'm tempted to buy a bottle Kiss my Face Upper Management Gel as I've heard it does not have protein or glycerin. Would it go well over KCKT? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
I find KMFUM gel to be much different than KCCC. It had little to no hold for me. I also think I read that KMFUM gel now has glycerin.

I always mix and match my brands. I rarely just use one brand!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: CJ Beauticurls, CJ A&OO, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: Mop C, KCCC, SCE FSG
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Use anything you want over the KCKT. One of the LA Looks Gels would be a cheap alternative that's usually easy to find and works well. KMFUM (now in a white, 6 oz tube) has unfortunately been reformulated. (If you find KMFUM in an 8 oz. green bottle, please send it to me

I know they say that KCKT and KCCC were formulated to go together, but IMO that's largely a marketing ploy, and your results are what really matter.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock
Looks like Amazon has some KMFUM in the green bottle for $5.53.
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley

Last edited by kasden; 01-15-2014 at 04:13 PM.
I've had excellent results with kckt and shea moisture curling souffle. ...in fact these two mixed together make my perfect styler

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
Thank you for alerting me to that. I'm not absolutely certain it is the old formula, but the bottle pictured certainly is, so I placed an order but noted that it is for KMFUM in the dark green bottle, and requesting that if they cannot fill me order as such that they cancel my order as I would have no use for the new formula.

According to the listing, they send orders out in 1-2 days, so I may not hear from them until Monday.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
I love cj pattern pusha over anything and I've used it over kckt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
rbb likes this.
Sometimes I get carried away and manipulate him too much. He tells me he's fine on his own but I never listen. I wash him less now and all in all we're happy.
Beast's Favorite Things:
Shea Moisture
Kinky Curly
Curl Junkie
Natural Stuff
BC #2: 10/2/13
2c/3a/3b w/ loose botticellis, whirls and curls,
Coarse, High Porosity;CG since 2007
Thanks ladies for your responses. After reading rave reviews of the As I Am products, I ended up buying the shampoo, conditioner and gel. The gel seems to work good over KCKT. Once I finish my bottle of KCKT, I'll buy the As I Am leave in. I've heard it's.excellent as well!
I have the As I Am Leave-in and it's awesome you'll love it!
Allie

3A with some 3B thrown in. Medium porosity. High density. Low-medium thickness.

Pre-poo: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine
Conditioner: Faith in Nature or
Shea Moisture Raw Restorative
D/C: Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra Moist Deep Moisture Mask

Leave-in: My DNA
Styler: Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity or
Umberto Giannini Scrunching Jelly

UK curly. CG since October 2013.
Aiming for WL curls (eventually)
I've used tons of different gels with KCKT and have never had a problem with any of them except for Jessicurl Spiralicious, and that was only once (I had some white flakes at the end of the day).
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip