Which gel can I use over KCKT?

• 1 Post By bringingcurliesback?

So I bought KCKT and KCCC together and I've used all the KCCC already. I have about half of a bottle of KCKT that I would like to try with another product, maybe cheaper than KCCC. Any recommendations? I'm tempted to buy a bottle Kiss my Face Upper Management Gel as I've heard it does not have protein or glycerin. Would it go well over KCKT? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
I find KMFUM gel to be much different than KCCC. It had little to no hold for me. I also think I read that KMFUM gel now has glycerin.

I always mix and match my brands. I rarely just use one brand!
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

Use anything you want over the KCKT. One of the LA Looks Gels would be a cheap alternative that's usually easy to find and works well. KMFUM (now in a white, 6 oz tube) has unfortunately been reformulated. (If you find KMFUM in an 8 oz. green bottle, please send it to me

I know they say that KCKT and KCCC were formulated to go together, but IMO that's largely a marketing ploy, and your results are what really matter.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock
Looks like Amazon has some KMFUM in the green bottle for $5.53.
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley

Last edited by kasden; 01-15-2014 at 04:13 PM.
I've had excellent results with kckt and shea moisture curling souffle. ...in fact these two mixed together make my perfect styler

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
Thank you for alerting me to that. I'm not absolutely certain it is the old formula, but the bottle pictured certainly is, so I placed an order but noted that it is for KMFUM in the dark green bottle, and requesting that if they cannot fill me order as such that they cancel my order as I would have no use for the new formula.

According to the listing, they send orders out in 1-2 days, so I may not hear from them until Monday.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
I love cj pattern pusha over anything and I've used it over kckt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using CurlTalk App
Stylers: *just CO usually
SM TGM, KCCC, FSG, Aloe, Ecostyler
Co-wash: NH IH&T or Lemon-Aid
Clarify: Lemon-Aid, ACV, Indian Herbs/Bentonite

And lots of different oils to seal/pre-poo

BC #2: 10/2/13
2c/3a/3b w/ loose botticellis, whirls and curls,
Coarse,High Porosity;CG since 2007
Thanks ladies for your responses. After reading rave reviews of the As I Am products, I ended up buying the shampoo, conditioner and gel. The gel seems to work good over KCKT. Once I finish my bottle of KCKT, I'll buy the As I Am leave in. I've heard it's.excellent as well!
I have the As I Am Leave-in and it's awesome you'll love it!
3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus
Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
Gel: Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper
DC:
Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
Growing my hair to WL
I've used tons of different gels with KCKT and have never had a problem with any of them except for Jessicurl Spiralicious, and that was only once (I had some white flakes at the end of the day).
2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
Cleanse: CJ Daily Fix, JC Cleansing Cream, TJ Tea Tree Condish
Condish: JC Too Shea, CJ Curl Rehab (both as RO & LI)
Stylers: UFD CM, CJ PP, JC Spiralicious, Darcy's Cream Gel & Cocoa bean whip