DevaCurl NEW DevaFuser Review and Product Questions

I just bought the new DevaFuser attachment to replace my bowl diffuser, and OH MY GOD, it is AWESOME! I have more curl and definition than I ever get with my bowl diffuser, especially at the crown. (I have a lot of variation in my hair - from 2a underneath to 2c/3a on top). It was quicker than my bowl diffuser too, because it could get underneath the hair. It also didn't blow my hair all over the place.

Now, I've been using some of the DevaCurl products, but they're SOOOO expensive. Does anyone have good alternatives for these products?
1. B'Leave--In
2. Frizz Free Volumizing Foam
3. Light Defining Gel
4. Flexible-Hold Hair Spray
5. Mist-er Right (Haven't tried this, but I want to know if there's a cheaper alternative I could try.)

Thanks!
I do not know anything that works quite like 1 & 2. For a gel I never have liked UDG that much so far and highly suggest dipping into the world of flax seed gel. Either buy it from Sweet Curls on Etsy or learn to make it. It's easy and super cheap to make at home but if you aren't into making stuff SC is your friend. I love Curl junkie but it's as expensive. A lot LOT of wavies like Volumax from Sally's. I didn't like Mr. Right. Many people just buy lavender oil and put like 10 drops into distilled water and make their own. Some add a wee bit of conditioner and/or Epsom salt. I LOVE Curl junkie Curl Fuel though I never see anyone mention it. Love it.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

1. B'Leave--In
2. Frizz Free Volumizing Foam
3. Light Defining Gel
4. Flexible-Hold Hair Spray

Thanks!
Originally Posted by HydePryde
i just wanted to ask a question about the Devafuser, is this a new model of the hand shaped diffuser attachment or is your review what is new? If its a new diffuser attachment, can you show which one it is? I've seen a grey one and a green one and can't tell if they are different or the same.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909
There is an actually new redesigned attachment.
What blow dryer are you using it with? Im using it w a Chi Pro but its HOT on my scalp...too hot to leave the diffuser there for more than a minute!! The barrel of the drier stays cool which is great bc its not straining the band that holds it on...the air (on the lowest speed/heat) just too hot on my head.
Do you have a cooler setting?
My SuperSolano 3500 Lite has cool, warm and very warm settings, so overheating is not a problem. I don't have the new DevaFuser, though, so I don't know how it would work with a dryer with a ceramic heater, which puts out infra-red heat. I've got an old DevaFuser, but haven't gotten around to trying it with the new dryer since I relocated the DevaFuser.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
this diffuser and the Q-redew are on my list to get in the next 6 mos.

Anyone know where you can find a list of hair dryers the diffuser works with? It won't fit mine. So disappointed,