Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to egyptiancurls89
Default BEST PRODUCT(S) FOR SECOND DAY HAIR??

does anyone know of any? i used joiwhip for the first time the other day and im pretty sure that that is what gave me really great second day hair for the first time!! i could even wear it down again!!! yaaay!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:35 AM   #2

Join Date: Feb 2005

Spiral Spritz by Kinky Curly ...I am loving it
I am on 4th day hair
I was afraid it would make my hair frizz but it never does.
Thick coarse 4b hair. Holy Grail: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Trying to grow it to bra strap length. Currently collar bone length.
Curlygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #3

meriellyn's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005
Send a message via AIM to meriellyn Send a message via Yahoo to meriellyn

Tightly Wound gives me pretty good second day hair. It seems to control the frizz I usually get from wiggling around in my sleep. It's less curly and more wavy by the second day but since I'm a fine wavy, that's pretty much a given with anything.
I've also had sucess with wetting the ends a bit (scrunching with really wet hands... spraying it on doesn't work for me) then scrunching in a little TW. Refreshes the curlies on the ends and doesn't get sticky or producty. I usually can't use more product the second day with anything else so this is cool.
2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls
meriellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #4

Join Date: Dec 2006

PLAIN OL' WATER. I apply it lightly using a mister bottle and then scrunch and tousle my hair a little. After that, don't touch it until it's all dry.

If that isn't enough, apply a little of yoru regular styler/gel emulsified in wet hands.
3A/3B type chest-lenght color-treaded. Tends to be dry with some frizz, year-round. (Check out my fotki)
*****************************************
I am not this skin - I am not this hair - I am the soul that lives within.
ruqayya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #5

Jaxie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Jaxie Send a message via MSN to Jaxie

I use re:coil and Joiwhip for 1st day hair, and for 2nd (sometimes 3rd AND 4th) day hair I spray with either lavender or plain water and then scrunch in some L.A. Looks Curl gel. HTH!
~~jax
2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #6

Join Date: Dec 2006

Which Joico products? Is Joiwhip from this line? Going to Trade Secret; wanted to check out Curl Friends, but they don't carry it. I've heards lots about Joico on this site. How is Joiwhip used? It lasted well into 2nd day hair? That's great!
shopbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:48 PM   #7

Join Date: Jul 2003

I get up to 3rd day hair now with just GF Leave In. It's my holy grail. I use wet hands to reapply it to my dry hair and that's it. Pix in my fotki.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #8

CelticCurls
which GF leave in gives you third day hair?? do you air dry or diffuse?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #9

Originally Posted by Jaxie
~~jax
do you diffuse or airdry with recoil and joiwhip?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:33 PM   #10

Jaxie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via AIM to Jaxie Send a message via MSN to Jaxie

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
Originally Posted by Jaxie
~~jax
do you diffuse or airdry with recoil and joiwhip?
I airdry, I have no patience to actually use a tool with my hair (I am soooo lazy) ~~jax
2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
Jaxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:13 AM   #11

echokitten's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007

I just realized that for me to get good 2nd day hair I must pineapple the night before or it is futile to even try. I discovered that diluting Rockin Ringlets in a 1 - 1 (or 1-RR /2- H20 if necessary) ratio in a spray bottle then saturating my hair and plopping for about 10 min or so does a really good job of curl revival. Then I scrunch/crunch when dry. This is only the 3rd time I have even bothered to try for 2nd day and it seems to work every time.
Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
echokitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #12

Join Date: Feb 2007
Send a message via AIM to GeminiLeslie

I just achieved 2nd day hair this morning...so I don't know how my hair will do throughout the day yet. I just wet my hands with cold water and rubbed some Aloe Vera gel over the frizzy pieces..the main frizziness is in the front of my head, but even on 1st days, it almost always has some frizz..
Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel , VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm , Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

GeminiLeslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #13

Join Date: Oct 2006

I use GF C&S leave in, it reactivates the gel I had on before, in fact sometimes it looks better then 1st day hair. I just smooth it on like I am gonna put it in a ponytail.
heavengirl410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:37 PM   #14

Originally Posted by egyptiancurls89
CelticCurls
which GF leave in gives you third day hair?? do you air dry or diffuse?
I use the Sleek 'n Shine. With very wet hands I rub together a blob of about 1" diam, run over the top of my hair, then do the same with more product in a twisting rope motion to the sides of my hair, where I have the most frizz & loss of definition. It doesn't seem to matter whether I diffuse or air dry in terms of 3rd day hair.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #15

Eilonwy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2006

ABBA Gel-Lotion or whatever similar product they may have replaced it with, plus ABBA Nourishing. Mix them together, dilute with water, and apply in sections. It won't flake, although you do have to make sure it's adequately diluted.
Eilonwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:16 PM   #16

Join Date: Jul 2003

I loved both those ABBA products (& the Nourish is great as body lotion in the shower), but it became apparent very quickly that they're not designed for humid, rainy climates. The gel became totally sticky when it drizzled, then hardened into a very thin crispy coating all over my hair, at the same time the rain made it release a lot of the odd licorice smell it has. I feltl -- & probably looked -- like I'd melted Twizzlers over my head.