aphogee 2 step protein treatment

I thought I'd post this review since the last review was in 2009 and gave nothing on hair properties, etc. I just tried the 2 step treatment on Friday and I like the results. As a disclaimer, I will admit that I have only not liked one protein treatment that I've done since December of 2013 and that dislike was unrelated to the actual protein in the product.

So my hair is fine textured, with 3C/4A curls, low porosity, medium length with layers (making it anywhere from around 3-6 inches long depending on where you measure I think), and low density.

I started off my wash day with a pre-poo consisting of greek yogurt, honey, and a little bit of olive oil. I left that on for about a half hour, then shampooed some residue from another product out with my Curls pure curls clarifying shampoo in the shower. Right before I got out I applied the treatment, and as the instructions require, used my hand held dryer on low heat and low air flow until my hair was hard. I then rinsed that out and applied the moisturizing second step, leaving it on for the amount of time they instruct you to (I think 5 minutes?), and rinsed. I had planned on doing an extra conditioning step here, but decided against it because my hair was already really soft. It wasn't as defined as usual but that was ok with me. I also did a roller set afterwards, so I proceeded to let it sit under my microfiber towel to dry a little bit. After this I smoothed Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine conditioner and aloe vera gel into each section of hair before rolling. When I took out the rollers, I couldn't believe how soft my hair still was, so overall I count the treatment as a success. Prior to this weekend I had only done iagirl's gelatin treatments, and one time had used the Shea Moisture Yucca and Baobob anti-breakage masque.

I have to say that I wasn't prepared for the smell despite seeing posts about it, that is a bit of deterrent for me saying I would repurchase it especially since the gelatin treatment doesn't have a smell to me even if you put ACV in it. It also irritated my skin where it dripped down before it hardened- it had me wondering if I should be worried about my scalp and hair. My hair was really soft, but held my "set" roller curls very well which doesn't normally happen. I actually did a short amount of time in a silk wrap b/c the volume felt a little overwhelming to me which hardly ever to never happens.

I also feel I need to add that I probably should have skipped my pre-poo to see how the treatment held up alone but I really needed to use up that yogurt before it went bad. The yogurt also helped me spend less time getting my hair soaked through.
3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity?
CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: Coconut Oil overnight, or a greek yogurt mixture
Shampoo: Curls Cleanser and/or clarifier
Conditioner: trying out different Suave Naturals conditioners and GVP's leave-in conditioner at the moment
Styler: iagirl's super smooth flax curl cream. <3
PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month
DT: conditioner or yogurt base with honey and oil if the conditioner has none.
I used the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment a couple of weeks ago. I can't really say whether or not I liked it because I don't think I used enough. I had purchased one of those sample packages from Sally's and I didn't consider the length of my hair, I think I should've used two packages to get full coverage. I remember using it several years ago and getting a much different result. So I definitely want to give it another try.
3b/3c