-   -   Sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/171145-sample-pack-sweetcurls-elixir.html)

Bamagirl 03-06-2014 06:04 AM

Sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir

Hey all, I think I am going to order a sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir and was wondering if any had tried the stuff and what you think. My idea right now is the following:

Formulas for hair type FSG Elixir (Formula 2)
SweetCurls Elixir Curl Cream
SweetCurls Okra Defining Gel
SweetCurls Conditioning Elixir

I was originally going to try the all the above except okra and instead have another conditioner with some protein added, but decided I think I want to try the okra gel. I am also wondering about fragrance. My hubby loves the smell of coconut and would have me wear the tropicana tanning spray if I would, so I was thinking coconut creme or coconut? Then again French Vanilla sounds good too? Anyone tried these products and/or fragrances?

My hair properties as best I can tell are fine (but lots of it), low porosity, not chemically treated (except the ends where I am growing out red color) 2a. I really want to tame the frizz and that is the main objective. I like the beachy wavy type look, so not really worried about enhancing curl.

Firefox7275 03-06-2014 06:35 AM

There is at least one Sweet Curls Elixirs thread on this board. Some products are new so you will mainly have had Alissa's testers trying them.

There are various mini reviews (largely rave) on the Facebook Wavy Hair Community, more customers than post on NC. You may also find comments on the Etsy feedback and SCE Facebook page.

HTH!

chupie 03-07-2014 08:35 AM

Asian Pear scent is Devine.

If you like hard hold I'd maybe switch one out for that. For sure you have to try the FSG.

Bamagirl 03-07-2014 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by chupie (Post 2256811)
Asian Pear scent is Devine.

Hmmm that does sound good, I may have to try the scent on my next order. This time I ordered these scents
Coconut
Whispers of Love
French Vanilla
and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist :thumbright:)

chupie 03-07-2014 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bamagirl (Post 2256830)

Originally Posted by chupie (Post 2256811)

Coconut
Whispers of Love
French Vanilla
and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist :thumbright:)

Be sure to report back both on how you like it and what the scents are like.

sixelamy 03-07-2014 09:53 AM

I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!

chupie 03-07-2014 09:56 AM

I've heard a ton of good things about the conditioner too.

mustangbunny 03-07-2014 10:56 AM

The list of scents is astounding. So many choices!! And they all sound delicious.

Bamagirl 03-07-2014 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sixelamy (Post 2256858)
I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!

Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!

sixelamy 03-07-2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bamagirl (Post 2256911)
Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!

Same goes for you!! :D

mustangbunny 03-07-2014 02:51 PM

I just ordered one, too! So excited to have lemon scented hair.

JuliaRose 03-11-2014 08:48 AM

Checking back in on this after I've used them a couple of times.... WOW. I'm in love.

I've used the conditioner, then FSG, then the Hard Hold gel. My hair looks great. I had pretty decent THIRD day hair yesterday just smoothing a bit of the curl cream on my canopy for frizzies.

I'm noticing significantly less frizz already. I have a Devacut scheduled for Saturday and I think I'm going to have her take off a couple of inches because my last stylist used thinning shears, which I think is hurting my clumping.

YAY! :toothy8:

sixelamy 03-28-2014 07:08 AM

I got my package in the mail yesterday, finally! I looked at it this morning, and not only was it the wrong order, but it wasn't even my name on the invoice! And the papers she included wreaked with smoke. I'm kind of put off a bit...

JuliaRose 03-28-2014 09:11 AM

That's super unfortunate and surprising. I'm sure if you message her, she'll get back to you quickly. :sad1:

Bamagirl 03-28-2014 09:47 AM

I got mine in the mail yesterday too. I haven't gotten to try it out yet though, but I am in love with the Whiskey Angel scent!

chupie 03-28-2014 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by sixelamy (Post 2262031)

I find that surprising too :( Please contact her. I know she'll make it right.

sixelamy 03-28-2014 10:33 AM

I did email her and asked her what she could do to make it right. I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying my products out. I included a picture of the products I received and the invoice. Still awaiting a response, hopefully I will hear something soon.

PerriP 04-01-2014 09:16 AM

did you get a reply?

sixelamy 04-01-2014 09:43 AM

Yes, sorry, I forgot to report back. She sent out my order again at no additional charge :) I haven't had time to open it yet. I'm looking forward to using them!

sixelamy 04-03-2014 10:14 AM

I've opened my box finally and I have my correct order yay!

I tried the flax seed curl cream and wasn't a fan. It also made my ears a little itchy/burny. Also, they smell really weird.. I guess it's the scent of the other ingredients/preservatives. I chose essential oils for scent, because fragrance can irritate my skin. I guess I should've chosen the fragrance after all - a tip for future orders. Can't wait to try my others!