Sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir

Hey all, I think I am going to order a sample pack at SweetCurls Elixir and was wondering if any had tried the stuff and what you think. My idea right now is the following:

Formulas for hair type FSG Elixir (Formula 2)
SweetCurls Elixir Curl Cream
SweetCurls Okra Defining Gel
SweetCurls Conditioning Elixir

I was originally going to try the all the above except okra and instead have another conditioner with some protein added, but decided I think I want to try the okra gel. I am also wondering about fragrance. My hubby loves the smell of coconut and would have me wear the tropicana tanning spray if I would, so I was thinking coconut creme or coconut? Then again French Vanilla sounds good too? Anyone tried these products and/or fragrances?

My hair properties as best I can tell are fine (but lots of it), low porosity, not chemically treated (except the ends where I am growing out red color) 2a. I really want to tame the frizz and that is the main objective. I like the beachy wavy type look, so not really worried about enhancing curl.
There is at least one Sweet Curls Elixirs thread on this board. Some products are new so you will mainly have had Alissa's testers trying them.

There are various mini reviews (largely rave) on the Facebook Wavy Hair Community, more customers than post on NC. You may also find comments on the Etsy feedback and SCE Facebook page.

HTH!
2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
Experimenting with: benign neglect
Asian Pear scent is Devine.

If you like hard hold I'd maybe switch one out for that. For sure you have to try the FSG.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com

Originally Posted by chupie

Hmmm that does sound good, I may have to try the scent on my next order. This time I ordered these scents
Coconut
Whispers of Love
French Vanilla
and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist )

Originally Posted by chupie

Coconut
Whispers of Love
French Vanilla
and something Whiskey (I just couldn't resist )
Originally Posted by Bamagirl
Be sure to report back both on how you like it and what the scents are like.
Bamagirl likes this.
I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I've heard a ton of good things about the conditioner too.
sixelamy likes this.
The list of scents is astounding. So many choices!! And they all sound delicious.

Low-poo: Yes to Cucumbers, Renpure Coconut Cream
Condish: GVP CB, V05 Vanilla Mint Tea
Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
PT: Hair not responding well to protein anymore
Styler: Sweet Curls Crazy Crunchy FSG, Naturelle gel cocktailed with Paul Mitchell Tea Tree gel

Go Red Wings!

I just bought my own sample pack, can't wait for them to get here!

I got FSG, hard hold elixir, deep conditioner, and the curl cream. Weeeee!
Originally Posted by sixelamy
Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!
Yea, I am pretty excited too. Let me know what you think once you get yours!
Originally Posted by Bamagirl
Same goes for you!!

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I just ordered one, too! So excited to have lemon scented hair.
sixelamy and Bamagirl like this.

Low-poo: Yes to Cucumbers, Renpure Coconut Cream
Condish: GVP CB, V05 Vanilla Mint Tea
Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
PT: Hair not responding well to protein anymore

Go Red Wings!

Checking back in on this after I've used them a couple of times.... WOW. I'm in love.

I've used the conditioner, then FSG, then the Hard Hold gel. My hair looks great. I had pretty decent THIRD day hair yesterday just smoothing a bit of the curl cream on my canopy for frizzies.

I'm noticing significantly less frizz already. I have a Devacut scheduled for Saturday and I think I'm going to have her take off a couple of inches because my last stylist used thinning shears, which I think is hurting my clumping.

YAY!
Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
I got my package in the mail yesterday, finally! I looked at it this morning, and not only was it the wrong order, but it wasn't even my name on the invoice! And the papers she included wreaked with smoke. I'm kind of put off a bit...

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
That's super unfortunate and surprising. I'm sure if you message her, she'll get back to you quickly.
Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
I got mine in the mail yesterday too. I haven't gotten to try it out yet though, but I am in love with the Whiskey Angel scent!
Originally Posted by sixelamy
I find that surprising too Please contact her. I know she'll make it right.
I did email her and asked her what she could do to make it right. I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to trying my products out. I included a picture of the products I received and the invoice. Still awaiting a response, hopefully I will hear something soon.

did you get a reply?
Modified CG since Dec 2011
Yes, sorry, I forgot to report back. She sent out my order again at no additional charge I haven't had time to open it yet. I'm looking forward to using them!
PerriP and JuliaRose like this.

COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
I've opened my box finally and I have my correct order yay!

I tried the flax seed curl cream and wasn't a fan. It also made my ears a little itchy/burny. Also, they smell really weird.. I guess it's the scent of the other ingredients/preservatives. I chose essential oils for scent, because fragrance can irritate my skin. I guess I should've chosen the fragrance after all - a tip for future orders. Can't wait to try my others!