-   -   Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/171148-design-essentials-natural-honey-curl-forming-custard.html)

abstractcurls 03-06-2014 09:29 AM

Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard

I have to say I think I might be in love :love8:

This stuff first off isn't loaded with Aloe and Glycerin :thumbup:
For me that's a big deal because my hair hates both in large amounts. In small doses it's not a big deal but most custard type products are just loaded with them and therefore I cannot use them.

I put this stuff in my hair yesterday and it was amazing!!! It's been awhile since I found a styler that was moisturizing, with hold, elongated my curls, but didn't cause them to lose their shape. Overall I was doing this :wav:

I used it with a gel that flaked up pretty bad with it unfortunately, but I plan on mixing it with something else next time. It's CG to which is awesome and I found it at Sally's.

Water (Aqua), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis). Henna (Lawsonia inermis) Extract, Hops (Humulus Lupulus) Extract, Horsetail (Equisetum Arvense) Extract, Black Cherry (Prunus Serotina) Bark Extract, Soapbark (Quillaia Saponaria) Extract, Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) Oil, Polyquaternium 11, Polyquaternium 37, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey (HoneyExtract), Yacon (Smallanthussonchifolius), Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Fragrance (Parfum), Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) Methylisothiazolinone

asugirl 03-09-2014 10:16 PM

You got me interested - which is bad news for me 'cause I should not buy any more stuff! But still curious! Have you tried any of the other custards like KCCC, MopTop, Uncle Funky's? Like this better?

abstractcurls 03-12-2014 03:47 PM

I hated KCCC... it made my curls all weird. My hair hates Mop Top in general. I have never tried Uncle Funky's. Aloe and Glycerin seem to be my hairs mortal enemy's.

hockeymomof3 03-12-2014 06:41 PM

Oh this sounds heavenly!

NayaMoore 03-17-2014 08:19 PM

I may try this, my hair hated kccc & moptop too

sixelamy 03-18-2014 07:51 AM

OMG! Those are all ingredients that my hair adores. You've got me super interested as well.

abstractcurls 03-18-2014 03:40 PM

Thus far I'm having trouble finding something this plays well with. It gets chunky when mixed with other things. I don't really know why. When it dries it doesn't leave it looking coated or flaky but when actually applying it's kind of a problem. Next time I use it I'm going to try using Aussie Instant Freeze with it and see how that works.

ashlyndmarie 03-22-2014 12:24 PM

Usually when I mix products that have natural ingredients with products that don't I get that same weird chunky consistency. Maybe that's why?

Why do u mix it with anything? Have you considered mixing with kckt? Or just using it by itself?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

abstractcurls 03-22-2014 03:14 PM

KCKT does absolutely nothing for my hair. It's horrifying. It doesn't even sink in. KCCC made my curls come out all kinds of odd shapes. I have mixed it with natural and non natural products and reacts the same to both. On it's own, the custard is not nearly enough hold.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

asugirl 03-23-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by abstractcurls (Post 2260671)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App

Wow, I had forgotten about it, but KCCC did the same thing to me! I wanted to love it but my hair acted really weird when I used it. The KC Tiny Twirls styler worked a bit better. I tracked down some of the DE custard in the Sally system and will be able to get my hands on some this week.