• 1 Post By CloudNine

Old 03-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #1

Zippytatiana9's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Exclamation Shea Moisture shampoo

I got the Moisture. Retention shampoo(yellow line) literally 20 minutes ago. I was looking for the Curl&Shine (pink line) but it wasn't there so I just picked this up. I got the masque from the same line and didn't like it on my hair at all! I just wanted to know has anybody had experience with this shampoo? And if you've used the masque before did the shampoo behave like the masque?
Started my journey September 8th, 2013
High Density, 4A Curls, Fine-Medium Strands, Normal- Low elasticity, LP- porous
Current Hair-length: APL (straight)
Hair-length Goal: AP length when curly
Still trying to figure out my curly hair needs & regimen
"Confidence Is Beautiful"

Last edited by Zippytatiana9; 03-17-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Zippytatiana9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #2

Join Date: Jan 2014

I've used both shampoos. I personally prefer the Moisture Retention shampoo. The Curl&Shine shampoo doesn't fit my needs. They are both great shampoos and I absolutely love SheaMoisture. It's just that with the Moisture shampoo I can feel better results.

I also have tried the SheaMoisture Hold & Shine Moisture Mist and absolutely love it. With the exception of washing my hair, I prefer to use it instead of water. Whenever I need to refresh my curls or they need more moisture I'll spray it on. To me it's way better than water because water sometimes sucks the moisture out of my hair if I don't seal it in with a product, and it makes my hair frizzy. The thing about it, though, is that water is free and the moisture mist is $10, so I haven't used the mist in a while even though I love it so much.
Jaeaaliyah likes this.
Curl Pattern: Chunks of 3B, 4A, and 4B mixed all up in this odd head of hair of mine.

Normal porosity, high density, medium width strands.

Current length: Armpit length
Short-term goal: Bra strap length
Long-term goal: Mid-back length
Ultimate Goal: Waist length
CloudNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM   #3

ashlyndmarie's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013

That's my favorite shampoo..It cleanses well and I can even detangle with it.

I absolutely hate that deep treatment masque. It's too thick and just sits on my hair, even with heat. I didn't bother to add olive oil tho like some suggest to give it better slip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
ashlyndmarie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #4

sixelamy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

The MR shampoo made my hair super dry for some reason. The C&H shampoo was pretty awesome. My hair HATED the masque.. it left my hair way overconditioned and flat. I guess it did it's job though!
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ Sevi Pumpkin Seed or Seabuckthorn Berry, YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, Komaza Aloe My Hair LI
PRE-POO/DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC, DC Light Defining Gel
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
= glycerin in low dews
sixelamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #5

itsKelCeeEee's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Send a message via AIM to itsKelCeeEee Send a message via Skype™ to itsKelCeeEee

Love the curl and shine shampoo and conditioner and the moisture retention one. I think I like the C&S a lil better though.

Spring/Summer: Curl and Shine
Fall/Winter: Moisture Retention

Big Chop: 11/25/09
Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
itsKelCeeEee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #6

russianprncss's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013

The Curl&Shine shampoo personally leaves my hair really dry, so I like the Moisture Retention one better.
Jaeaaliyah likes this.
russianprncss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:00 PM   #7

Join Date: Apr 2013

I'm trying the moisture retention masque. Putting it in my hair, it seemed to absorb well & I was able to detangle with it. Great slip. I think my hair is somewhat responding to it because I'm LONG overdue for a deep condition. Thought I'd try a masque. My BFF has been ranting and raving about it when she was natural.
curlicious13 is offline   Reply With Quote