Anybody tried Cantu?

• 1 Post By crisv1208
  • 1 Post By curlicious13

I recently saw the Cantu for natural hair line ans was wondering if any of you have tried it? I would love some feedback!
I use the cantu shea butter for natural hair-hair lotion and I cant say enough good things about it! It make my hair unbelievably soft and shiny and it smells great too. I use it as my leave in when my hair is soaking wet and also mix with water and scrunch later if my hair needs a pick me up. Im recently CG so it has really transformed my curls which were totally dry. I'm really happy I discovered this one
It's super thick, so I recommend storing upside down if you want to be able to squeeze it out of the bottle.

If you decide to try it out, I hope it works just as well for you!
2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

I like the cantu deep conditioning mask. The leave in spray is also nice, all if the products smell lovely.
I have tried the shea butter leave in and i love it! I recently purchased the coconut oil mist. My daughter has really dry hair and I want something gentle but mositurizing.
curlyink3b likes this.
I have tried the shea butter leave in and i love it!
Originally Posted by crisv1208
This is my HG leave in. So far, it's the only Cantu product I've used.
3b/3c, high porosity, fine strands but lots of em!

APL/BSL when dry (bangs are to chin), but WL when wet.

Pineapple and satin pillowcase at night.
I love the curl activator cream and the creamy hair lotion.
I think I may love them more than Shea moisture smoothie...
I didn't get on with the deep treatment masque though, it made my hair hard and impossible to comb, shame as it was quite reasonably priced.

I have the shine spray and it's ok for 2nd day hair but is a bit like the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus one in the sense that its just a bit like nice smelling water but doesn't do anything amazing .
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
I have only tried the Creamy Hair Lotion and the Curling Cream from the line. Everytime the new Sulfate free Shampoo and Conditioner for the line comes in stock at my local Walmart it sells out fast. As, that is what i am really looking to try next from the line.

I can only use a very small amount of the Creamy Hair Lotion or else it leaves my hair soft, but greasy. I have only used it a very few times (have no idea when i will ever use all of it up). So, right now it is just sitting around going unused at this time.

The Cantu Curling Cream is one of my "holy grail" haircare products. It leaves my curls defined, soft, moisturized and with a light hold. I also don't get any frizz with it either. I stay stocked up on this stuff. I like that it is relatively cheap-costs a little under $6, and i feel that you get alot for your money. Plus i can easily get it off the ground, which is a big plus.
3B natural hair

Currently Using All Natural Products:

Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner ( I do use it with steam to DC with)
100% Pure Marula Oil (from Sally's Marula Collection)
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twist Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter

Last edited by Reservechic; 06-30-2014 at 04:04 PM.