Anybody tried Cantu?

• 1 Post By crisv1208
  • 1 Post By curlicious13
  • 1 Post By curlycaramel

I recently saw the Cantu for natural hair line ans was wondering if any of you have tried it? I would love some feedback!
I use the cantu shea butter for natural hair-hair lotion and I cant say enough good things about it! It make my hair unbelievably soft and shiny and it smells great too. I use it as my leave in when my hair is soaking wet and also mix with water and scrunch later if my hair needs a pick me up. Im recently CG so it has really transformed my curls which were totally dry. I'm really happy I discovered this one
It's super thick, so I recommend storing upside down if you want to be able to squeeze it out of the bottle.

If you decide to try it out, I hope it works just as well for you!
2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

I like the cantu deep conditioning mask. The leave in spray is also nice, all if the products smell lovely.
I have tried the shea butter leave in and i love it! I recently purchased the coconut oil mist. My daughter has really dry hair and I want something gentle but mositurizing.
curlyink3b likes this.
I have tried the shea butter leave in and i love it!
Originally Posted by crisv1208
This is my HG leave in. So far, it's the only Cantu product I've used.
3b/3c, high porosity, fine strands but lots of em!

APL/BSL when dry (bangs are to chin), but WL when wet.

Pineapple and satin pillowcase at night.
I love the curl activator cream and the creamy hair lotion.
I think I may love them more than Shea moisture smoothie...
I didn't get on with the deep treatment masque though, it made my hair hard and impossible to comb, shame as it was quite reasonably priced.

I have the shine spray and it's ok for 2nd day hair but is a bit like the shea moisture coconut and hibiscus one in the sense that its just a bit like nice smelling water but doesn't do anything amazing .
Joonlily likes this.
Long thick curls, mix of 3b/3c
I have only tried the Creamy Hair Lotion and the Curling Cream from the line. Everytime the new Sulfate free Shampoo and Conditioner for the line comes in stock at my local Walmart it sells out fast. As, that is what i am really looking to try next from the line.

I can only use a very small amount of the Creamy Hair Lotion or else it leaves my hair soft, but greasy. I have only used it a very few times (have no idea when i will ever use all of it up). So, right now it is just sitting around going unused at this time.

The Cantu Curling Cream is one of my "holy grail" haircare products. It leaves my curls defined, soft, moisturized and with a light hold. I also don't get any frizz with it either. I stay stocked up on this stuff. I like that it is relatively cheap-costs a little under $6, and i feel that you get alot for your money. Plus i can easily get it off the ground, which is a big plus.
Hair Characteristics:
Hair Density: Low
Hair Porosity: High
Hair Texture: Mostly fine textured, with some areas that are medium textured
(Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015)

Current regimen of haircare products:
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner
Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
True by Made Beautiful Hydrating Hair Butter

Last edited by Reservechic; 06-30-2014 at 05:04 PM.
I am currently experimenting with Cantu Curling Cream for curl cream after my leave in but before my curl enhancer. I must say, I am pleasantly surprised that something actually appears to be working on my hair. It feels a little softer than usual, and that is a very elusive thing for me, softness that is. I am thinking it has to be all the oils in this product. Ive tried all the oils individually with no luck, so maybe the cocktail of them all together is what I needed. Im going to continue to experiment but so far, I am liking it alot.
Mostly 2b but ranges a-c front to back
Low/med density, course, high porosity
Lo poo: Loreal Eversleek Reparative Smoothing
Cowash: Experimenting
RO: GVP CB
Leave In: KCKT/Tres Bot/Experimenting
Deep condition: SM DTM/Experimenting
Protein: Hask Keratin
Styler: Camille Rose CM, LA Looks gel
I LOVE the Twist and Lock Gel!, it keeps my hair moisturized like a leave in, and holds like a gel, 2in1 it's my current HG product.

unfortunately i have just run out
2C/3A
shampoo: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Naturals
leave-in: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
sealing oil: olive, coconut, avocado
gel: Deva

alternating weeks
protein: Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor
moisture: Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
I use the coconut curl activating cream, and I love it! It smells great, and it layers well on the days when I want to layer products. I only need a small amount for my whole head, so it lasts forever as well.
2a canopy, 2c/3a everywhere else
Medium porosity/density
Modified CG since 2014

• Low-poo: SM fruit fusion/ SM coconut hibiscus
  • Conditioner: Rotating SM and Deva One Condii
  • LI: SM Curl & style milk
  • Styler/Gel: Cantu curl activator, Deva UDG

• Experimenting with protein and lightweight oils, so far my hair LOVES PROTEIN. (IAGirl Protein treatment)
  • DIY addict

Working on loving my hair, no matter what kind of a day it's having.
I also love Cantu Curl Activating lotion

My holy grail styler now is Cantu Define and Shine Custard.. Hold my long, fine, heavy curls, tiny bit of crunch that sotc easily. Love their stuff
I love their curl activator cream! By itself as my curl cream, or under a gel - either way! Plus, it's super easy to find (CVS) and inexpensive. Not too heavy for my 2c/3a extra fine hair, either.
aggressively wavy | baby-fine | low density | high porosity

Poo: LivingProof Timeless, Ouidad Waterworks
RO: LivingProof Timeless
DT: LivingProof Restore Mask; Aphogee 2-step; CJ Repair Me!
Leave-in: LivingProof Prime Style Extender
Style: LivingProof - Timeless Plumping Mousse, Amp Texture Volume cream
Refresher: plain water, R+Co One
Cantu works greatvfor my super thick hair. Definite hg.
I like the leave in conditioning foam, it's great for refreshing as it aids clumping but doesn't add a lot of extra hold. The cowash and deep conditioning mask are nice too and all smell gorgeous.
3 ab Baby fine, Low density, high porosity, naturally pale blonde. And a UK Curly Girl
No/Low Poo: Palmers Olive Oil Cowash