Ecostyler gel reformulation!

By chance did they remove the protein from this EcoStyler Gel?
I stopped using EcoStyler due to the protein. Some feel the alcohol in gels is drying but the proteins in gels can be just as drying or even more drying.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
  • Oils: EVOO,Watermelon Seed,Argan, Coconut
  • Cleanse: CD Monoi Repairing Shampoo, Soultanicals Honey I Shrunk the Frizz Poo Bar
  • Detangle/RO: Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip
  • LI: DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip
  • DC: Crece Pelo,MJ Super Sweetback
  • PT: CJ Repair Me,Smooth Naturals Strengthen
  • Style: CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, CRN Almond Jai Twist Butter, WetLine Xtreme Gel,Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • Moisturize: DN Whipped Amla Frosting,CoN Argan Oil Perfect 7
I picked up a new version at the Dollar Store today. I want to give it a try. None of the old Eco versions worked for me because PVP gives me horrible buildup and dryness. I bought the argon. I noticed the ones at my Sally's are old version. I guess they are waiting to reorder.
Originally Posted by adthomas
Personally, i find the new one not drying at all whereas the old formulation was a little on the drying side. Hopefully it works for you!
Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

I used this last night on a twistout after cowashing. I used it over a moisturizer which was a curl activator gel and skipped the oil. I was careful not to use a whole lot because I hate crunch, am buildup prone. Well, No flaking. No whiteness, No super hardness. My hair doesn't feel producty. Best hair this summer. So far thumbs up. Day two is the real test. See if I can get good second day hair.
Hmmm you all have me wanting to try this again. I swore off using gels but I have to do something in this humidity.
Originally Posted by AnsleyBirch13
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Originally Posted by adthomas
I am glad to hear that the new formulation is giving you such good results so far. I have only been hearing nothing but good things about the new formula thus far. Which is why, i am feeling better more and more about re-trying it in my hair. As the old formulation did cause problems with my hair to the point, where i swore i'd never touch another Ecostyler gel again.

Oh, i will definitely be sure to keep my fingers crossed about you getting 2nd day hair with it.

Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
I am not a big gel person either other than flaxseed. actually my hair is not touchably soft like I like but this humidity is no joke so I'm going to suck it up if my hair stays looking nice. Plus I probably need to do less touching anyway.

I always hated how so many people swore by the old formula and I tried green, pink, and blue and all were failures. I didn't bother with argon. I will let you know how day 2 goes.
Last night my hair looked frizzy dry but that is my normal. My hair has to be mosturized daily with water no matter what. I spritzed and braided and added Shea to seal my ends. Satin scarf and bed. Today took my hair down. Looks good. Not super moisturizer or super dry which for summer is doing good for me. I really not expecting a day 3 out of this knowing my hair. But with the curl activator I used usually I can just rinse my hair and add a little more product instead of cowashing.
Originally Posted by adthomas
Thanks for letting us know how Day 2 went.

Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
I'm still using up my Eco Styler Blue (hold level 5) but the gel that replaced Eco Styler for me is the Super Wet Aloe Vera Styling Gel and the Super Wet Maximum Hold Styling Gel. They are both clear and contain no pvp, protein or glycerin. They work with every leave-in or conditioner I use and there is no flaking, hard or dry hair at all even in freezing weather...best gel I've ever used and I've used quite a few in the past twelve years.
PJ Rehab 9/2011
I bought the Eco Styler Gel Argan Oil formula and noticed that the packaging has changed (the writing). I went home and had a smaller container of another Argan Oil Gel and I looked at both! In the recent one I bought there was no PVP and no triethanolamine! I did some research and maybe that is a good thing. The reformulated one has way more bubbles (not that it could be something) and it is tackier in my opinion. The older formula is smoother. Both doesn't leave a white cast which is good! I have to use it continuously to see if it is better. On the Eco site the packaging is still the same, so whether the older one is phasing out (no se')

I have it in my hair now and it still has a crunch, not too bad though! I bought the 32oz. so I'll keep it. I also bought a 32oz pink (same formula). I switch between these too.

Side note: I took a feel of the blue (they have two blue sport and the reg. colour treated) and the yellow one and it felt more watery. I don't need to go outside the box too much...I'll stick to what I know and love and that's the PINK and the ARGAN OIL.
Reservechic likes this.

Originally Posted by xocoils
I am glad to hear that the new formula is working well for you! That's awesome!

Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
I finally found a small container of the new olive oil ecostyler to try. Used it 3 or 4 times and I actually like it better than the argon. My hair lives EVOO and it is the best sealer and great shine but my skin hates it so I have to wash it out. I think having it in my gel is working. I haven't notice any breakouts.