Best Hairdryer for curls

I have had 2 expensive Chi hair dryers that burn up after about a year. Liked them but expect a little more use out of them. I currently have a cheapo from Walmart that takes forever to dry my hair and I think it is the dryer rather than my hair. I don't have the time to air dry so need to dry my curls with a diffuser.

Can someone recommend a good one and of course for curly hair that comes with a diffuser. I need to order online so want to make sure diffuser fits and so it seems a benefit to already come with. I have looked on line at the Sedu and Babybliss hair dryers but can't find one with a diffuser.

I am not necessarily looking for a cheap hair dryer unless someone knows of one that does a terrific job on curls. Thanks to anyone that can help.
Have you looked on ultra? Ulta has a bunch of hair dryers with diffusers, they even have the Deva hair dryer.

here's the link to the deva dryer with the diffuser included: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod5280381
2B-2C

Styling- Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Hair Mist Texture Volume & Moisture
Leave in- Living Proof Restore Targeted Repair Cream
Sealer: The Body Shop Olive Beautifying Oil

Supplements: 50 mg of keratin, 15 mg of biotin

My hair loves: Coconut Oil, Protein (Keratin)
My hair hates: co-washing, gel, mousse, and curl creams

Last edited by CurlyShorty3405; 05-25-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Walmart has them too. But Ulta will have a better selection.
I have a SuperSolano 3500 Lite, which I got from Folica.com, which has a recycling discount available. It didn't come with a diffuser, and I didn't like the Solano diffuser I got to use with it (and sent back), but I got a great, lightweight,t folding diffuser which works perfectly for me.

ETA that this dryer has three settings, which I would describe as cool, warm, and very warm (but still comfortable on my skin and scalp). On the middle setting, with the diffuser on, it dries my hair in about half the time my previous dryer did. It leaves my hair glossy, bouncy, and very healthy (resilient) feeling. It's also lightweight, well balanced, is quiet and has no annoying whine, and has a nice long cord, which allows me to go into the bedroom and sit on the bed while I dry my hair.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Last edited by Morgan_Adcock; 05-28-2014 at 08:27 PM.
I got the Babyliss Pro because of the great reviews of it on Amazon and one common denominator in the reviews is that it takes a lot less time to dry hair. Been using it for a while. It doesn't come with a diffuser but I took the diffusers I had from previous cheapie hair dryers and modified the dryer so I can use them. What I did was put two strips of sticky-back velcro (the soft, fuzzy side) onto the hair dryer on either side of the blow-dry opening and the diffusers fit perfectly over the hair dryer now. The diffusers were slightly too large for the hair dryer before I modified it.

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier.
Thank you all for responding. I really like the info on the Babyliss that you recommend, Angela. Plus it shows what diffuser to order. I actually do have several but at that price, I am going to add it to the order just to make sure I can use it as soon as it arrives.
most diffusers are pretty universal. i have the old deva ionic one that only came with the hand, which my hair did not like. i've used it with a diffuser i had which was slightly too big, but duct tape keeps the diffuser on. so either duct or electrical tape will work if the diffuser is too large.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I got a shot of my modified hair dryer with the sticky-back soft velcro on it to make the diffuser fit. I used the wide velcro, but it probably doesn't matter. Sorry it's not totally clear, but the part that shows the modification is pretty good.

I had been duct taping the diffuser on like rbb does, but one day I got the bright idea to modify the hair dryer to make the diffuser fit. LOL Originally, I was going to use the velcro on both the dryer and the diffuser but that was too big. The one side of the velcro on the dryer worked just fine.

Last edited by AngelaE8654; 05-26-2014 at 03:35 PM.
I ordered the Babyliss recommended by Angela. I hope I made a good choice because I was prepared to pay more. I was just reading an old thread from 2011 that spoke highly of a high end T3 or FHI indicating they left curls shiny and dried with a diffuser fast. Didn't find any recommendations on the net when I have looked the past few days so maybe not still available. IDK, sometimes I am too quick to order something.

I did order on Amazon and ordered the diffuser that showed for it in the same place it popped up to order so it should fit. I usually dry without the diffuser when almost dry by putting my fingers in the crown and lifting. This gets a little more volume in the crown without frizz since almost dry and done on low. Sometimes I then put the diffuser back on needing to finish some other section. So you can see taped on or Velcro won't work well for me, but thanks for suggesting. I am kinda bummed because I have Amazon prime and ordered on Monday and it says delivery on Thursday. See how impatient I am?
i have a T3 ionic dryer i bought in 2005 -- love it! the only problem with it is that it does not have low or cool settings. i rarely blow dry/diffuse my hair, but would so love it if this had a cool setting as i find it even better than the deva (which has a warm setting, not cool, but better than hot. and it was an early version so i don't know if the newer ones have one). i saw some nc members tape down the cool button and let use it that way as a cool setting. i will most likely try it sometime.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Wow, 2005, that is a really long time for one to work. I bought a Chi back in 2007, paid $99 and it lasted six months. I was so disgusted with that I did not even look to see if I could find a receipt.

Thanks for letting me know about the T3. I use my diffuser on med heat, low speed so I checked that out before I ordered the Babyliss dryer . I'm so hoping I like it.
This year I switched to large hard hat dryer. It takes me forever to use a diffuser.

I bought one like this from Sally's for $88. It's so much easier to use.
Attached Thumbnails
Best Hairdryer for curls-image.jpg
Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity
Second the hard hat dryer! I have the Tourmaline purple people heater dryer and am loving the hands free dry time. I can read or relax so I feel like its win/win. Plus can't hear the kids while I'm under it (lol!)
winter 2B thru summer 3A

natural, healthy & growing like crazy since 2010

henna <3

homemade fsg, suave coconut cowash, sulfate free shampoos, LALSG, tressemme naturals nourish condish, GFTN, curlkeeper (summer), gelatin protein tx
I actually have a table top hard hat dryer from the 60's. It's a Brothers brand and is in perfect condition. It works ok but I like volume as my hair is kinda thin and a diffuser gives me that. Received the Babyliss Pro and it's ok, I guess, not really any faster drying than the Walmart dryer I had. But I'm keeping it.