-   -   DevaCurl Vs JessiCurl (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/172757-devacurl-vs-jessicurl.html)

chimama 05-27-2014 01:31 PM

DevaCurl Vs JessiCurl

hi guys, sorry I know its been a while since I last posted anything. Ive been using DevaCurl for over a year now, I wanted to experiment with JessiCurl, so I ordered the Cleansing Cream, Too Shea conditioner and the RockNRinglets, after using JessiCurl for a week or so, it seems to me that DevaCurl works so much better for my hair. Have any of you used/ tried both DevaCurl or JessiCurl and which one worked best for you?

kathymack 05-28-2014 05:58 AM

Many of us start out with the Deva products, think we like them and then move on to other things. The second line I tried was Jessicurl. It made my hair limp and lifeless in only a week. After that, I moved on to other products.

I never used products until I started lurking on nc.com. After that, I had to try almost everything anyone discussed. I became a real product strumpet! Got to know what my hair liked and am much better a picking ingredients/products.

The best way to pick ingredients/products is by hair properties. Since you don't list yours, here's a link to help you Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free Once you determine your properties, look for others with similar hair and see what they use. It's a good way to start.

chimama 05-28-2014 12:35 PM

thank you, I checked it out and found out a lot about my hair type, now I can look for products for exact hair type and texture

kathymack 05-29-2014 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by chimama (Post 2276173)

Hair type isn't as important as texture and porosity. You want to try to determine your porosity. In lieu of having your hair analyzed, the best way to determine porosity is how long it takes your hair to dry. My hair is fine/low porosity/low density. It can take upwards of six hours to dry without product or help (diffusing, curl towels, etc.) If your hair dries quickly (an hour or two), it's porous. In the middle, it's normal.

chimama 05-29-2014 03:37 PM

im low porosity, it takes alt least 4-6 hours to dry. Im pretty sure by the test I did that I have coarse hair
:hello2:

waterlily716 06-09-2014 03:50 AM

Neither of the full lines worked perfectly for me. I do have to say that jessicurl has a new gel- spiralicious which works very well for me. It has a high hold which is why the stylers didn't work for me before. :P from deva I like the no poo but not much else. I also lie jessicurls cleanser.

CurlyShorty3405 06-09-2014 10:07 AM

Deva didn't work for my hair at all. I used it for two weeks and got more breakage than I've ever gotten before. It was kinda scary seeing how much of my hair broke off from using Deva.

chimama 06-16-2014 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by waterlily716 (Post 2278724)

I love your You Tube Videos

suzyQ5 06-25-2014 12:54 PM

I actually got free samples of several of jessie curl products and did not like them at all. The consistency was very watery and not moisturizing at all! I tried the rock-n-ringlets, cleanser, gentle conditioner and one of the other curl defining products (don't remember the name) and none of them did anything for my hair. I do like the Deva Curl No Poo, One Condition and the light defining gel but they are too expensive for me to use all of the time.

Hair type = 2B

Reservechic 06-25-2014 04:24 PM

Many years back I bought a DevaCare Kit with all full sized products in it. Plus, I purchased the Curly Girl Handbook too. I loved reading the handbook. But, the products didn't live up to any of my expectations. Plus, these products are very costly, and I ended up realizing that the DevaCurl line is not for me. I have naturally very dry hair. And, the products, I found at least for my hair wasn't providing it with any moisture. The longer I continued to use them, the drier my hair was actually becoming. Also, I find the products not to smell all that good either. So, I eventually ended up throwing all those products away.

I had been on the fence for a long time about trying the Jessicurl line. As I had this same feeling that it wouldn't be moisturizing to my naturally dry curls really at all. And, I have spent a ton of money on hair products, and I don't have anymore to waste. Based upon you ladies experiences with both lines, I feel that Jessicurl products wouldn't benefit my hair more so than the DevaCurl products did.

The most expensive brands of products that I currently use in my hair is Mixed Chicks and It's A10. Otherwise, the rest of the products I use come from either CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, or Sally's and they are highly affordable (costing less than $10) and do work for my hair.

waterlily716 06-27-2014 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by chimama (Post 2280662)

Originally Posted by waterlily716 (Post 2278724)

I love your You Tube Videos