Question for curlies that use Curl Keeper

• 1 Post By SereneCurls

I've been using Curl Keeper for a little while now and I notice that after my hair is completely dry it feels dry and crunchy feeling (even after I scrunch out the crunch) and when I'm playing around with my hair to get more volume, a ton a little flakes are flying around in the air...

Is the Curl Keeper supposed to make my hair feel like this or is it just me? Anyone that uses Curl Keeper, does it make your hair feel dry and crunchy? or does your hair actually feel moisturized?
My curls LOOK better than ever when I use it, I hardly have to scrunch and they don't look product. My curls seem soft and shiny, but the feeling after I rinse out isn't nice its very dry. Also, if anything at all touches my curls, god forbid it be windy, I'm ruined. That's not the case for me when I don't use this product.
RO Conditioner Tresemme naturals Condtioner
Leave in My RO/EVOO/Distilled water in a spray bottle
Oils Jojoba/Coconut
Gel Eco Styler
Shampoo DIY- dr,bronners, jojoba, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, TT oil, distilled water
Cream Styler Shea moisture Smoothie

Wash with DIY shampoo once ever 1-2 weeks, co wash 1-2 a week, water wash two-four times a week.
2c/3a
High Porosity, Collar bone length, Very Fine
I've been playing around with curl keeper over the past few weeks, and haven't really been loving the results either. No flakes, but it makes my hair feel sort of, straw like. I thought I was just being fussy about the way my hair feels, but maybe it's just not for me.
2c/3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, bsl curly, WL wet
Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
Co-wash: down under naturals, tresume naturals
RO: AOHR
LI: Giovanni Direct, Desert Essence curl cream
Stylers: kccc, HE smu, brhg
Oils: coconut, argan or evoo
Yeah same here, I mean I get good curl definition with it, but when I touch my hair, it just feels dry...I'm not sure if it's supposed to make your hair feel like that or if it means that my hair just doesn't like it...I'm confused.

Originally Posted by shishacurls
curl keeper makes my hair look wet all day and it does feel crunchy and hard. It also makes my hair look completely 2C with waves and very few curls..
Kosher Curls
mostly 3b curls
Low Porosity
fine, medium, coarse
medium to high density
Products: Giovanni direct leave in and olive or argan oil eco styler.

LONG: 10"+ (armpit to waist length)
It's possible our hair just doesn't like that much glycerin.
Tehliurd likes this.
2c/3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, bsl curly, WL wet
Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
Co-wash: down under naturals, tresume naturals
RO: AOHR
LI: Giovanni Direct, Desert Essence curl cream
Stylers: kccc, HE smu, brhg
Oils: coconut, argan or evoo
I've noticed my hair seems a bit dry, too. How much do you use when you apply it? I've got hair just to my chin and I'm using about a tablespoon is that too much?
3a & hates mag sulfates
currently using:
AOHR
Mop Top Shampoo or Eulence 1x week
KBB nectar leave-in with KCCC
CK has magnesium in it which can be drying for some people, using it with a light leave in should solve that problem if your hair is prone to dryness anyway.

I use CK straight and have for several years, my hair does not like moisture at all and loves the glycerin and magnesium in CK. I even add protein to my CK and my hair just loves it.

I use about 3 palmful puddles for my whole head, brastrap length hair.
shoulder length inverted bob; fine; 3A-3B; med-thick density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; seems to hate moisturizing products and oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

receive $10 off 1st order of $40 & up, or $5 off on smaller orders, when using iHERB code: GIK909