-   -   Looking for a more moisturizing gel.. (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/172815-looking-more-moisturizing-gel.html)

shishacurls 05-31-2014 12:37 PM

Looking for a more moisturizing gel..

I feel it's really hard to find a gel that doesn't dry my hair out and I feel that styling creams don't give me enough hold.

I'm looking for something that will give my hair good hold and control without drying it out.

I thought about trying the Devacurl gels but I worry about the protein that is in them because I'm very protein sensitive.

Any recommendations?

tengoRizos 05-31-2014 12:45 PM

I've mixed some of my conditioner with a glob of gel in my palm (so it's almost like a cream) and that has worked well for me. And you can adjust the ratio of gel to condish depending on the day.

curlicious13 05-31-2014 02:38 PM

I love the la looks wet looks gel and the as I am leave in.

rbb 05-31-2014 02:42 PM

cj aloe fix gel (just not in low dews)--- very moisturizing, my summer HG!

cj pattern pusha

ShadaeNaturally 05-31-2014 05:13 PM

I usually add a good bit of water and EVOO to the gel amount I'm using to style. It helps keep it moisturized, give it shine, and keeps away flakes

Sent from my e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga using CurlTalk App

russianprncss 06-09-2014 09:21 PM

The Kinky Curly gel keeps moisture pretty well in my hair.

ashlyndmarie 06-11-2014 09:35 PM

I liked the curly kids mixed hair haircare moisturizing gel. (Long name! Small price)

fihe 06-14-2014 09:33 PM

I love the LA Looks Nutra Curl gel!

twirlygranny 06-27-2014 08:24 AM

Super Wet...you can get it on the ground...no dry hair or flaking.

ginabean98 07-21-2014 06:59 PM

LA Looks Nutra Curl Gel has avocado oil and is nice and moisturising.

Wavelicious 08-25-2014 12:30 AM

Has anyone tried cashmere curls by la looks? I would love to know if it's better than nutra curl. I like nutra curl better than any gel I've had but I haven't had many. to rate them:

1- nutra curl, smelled fruity & hair isn't crunchy or dry.

2- eco styler olive oil, hair didn't feel dry but always frizzed out, couldn't use when it was rainy or humid.

3- la looks sport gel, (the regular one I guess, the blue one lol) this got the job done, but I just felt like my hair needed something to moisturize & help it, not just hold it down.

4- garnier fructis pure clean, I really didn't like the menthol mint smell & the stickiness & it never stood up to humidity even when I piled it on my twist outs.

my hair is light weight, bleached & loves protein but I hope I helped, I'm right with you looking for a better gel.

sixelamy 08-25-2014 10:56 AM

To be honest, I haven't found any gel that is moisturizing. Do you use a good leave in underneath? How about trying to seal your ends with a drop or two of oil before your gel? Technique and product layers play a huge part.

caramix3a 08-25-2014 11:38 AM

Looking for a more moisturizing gel

No gel is truly moisturizing - one should look to one's conditioners for that, IMO. I'm fine myself with LALSG. I don't use leave-in conditioners - they just make my hair limp, even a tiny bit!

curlicious13 08-25-2014 01:15 PM

I also like Jane Carter's solutions curl cream a bit expensive but great. I also like cantu curling custard. Use the custard over your leave in. The cream you can use it alone.

rbb 08-25-2014 01:35 PM

i looked at the jc curl defining cream -- does the glycerin pose a problem in low dews for you?
(there are times when the formulation is enough to cancel out glycerin's impact, so just wondering??)

curlicious13 08-25-2014 02:01 PM

Vege glycerin poses a problem for me. Not other forms of glycerin.