Looking for a more moisturizing gel..

• 2 Post By rbb
  • 1 Post By russianprncss

I feel it's really hard to find a gel that doesn't dry my hair out and I feel that styling creams don't give me enough hold.

I'm looking for something that will give my hair good hold and control without drying it out.

I thought about trying the Devacurl gels but I worry about the protein that is in them because I'm very protein sensitive.

Any recommendations?
I've mixed some of my conditioner with a glob of gel in my palm (so it's almost like a cream) and that has worked well for me. And you can adjust the ratio of gel to condish depending on the day.
2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

I love the la looks wet looks gel and the as I am leave in.
cj aloe fix gel (just not in low dews)--- very moisturizing, my summer HG!

cj pattern pusha
Spiralli and yestheyrereal like this.
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab, lalsg. cj aloe fix gel is my high dews/summer HG!!
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
I usually add a good bit of water and EVOO to the gel amount I'm using to style. It helps keep it moisturized, give it shine, and keeps away flakes

Sent from my e1901_v77_jdt1_9p017_fwvga using CurlTalk App
The Kinky Curly gel keeps moisture pretty well in my hair.
Morgan_Adcock likes this.
2B/C; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: Jane Carter Revitalizing CoWash
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Replenishing, Aubrey Organics GPB, KCKT
Leave-In: Alaffia Hair Lotion
Stylers: KCCC, Beautiful Curls Curl Cream, Giovanni Mousse, KCCC Refresher[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
I liked the curly kids mixed hair haircare moisturizing gel. (Long name! Small price)
I love the LA Looks Nutra Curl gel!
mostly 2a/2b hair, fine, medium density, low porosity?
Super Wet...you can get it on the ground...no dry hair or flaking.
PJ Rehab 9/2011
LA Looks Nutra Curl Gel has avocado oil and is nice and moisturising.
2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair
First Devacut 3.5.14, CG 9.11.14
Pic not me but looks like a hair twin.

GOD really loves you. ∞
Has anyone tried cashmere curls by la looks? I would love to know if it's better than nutra curl. I like nutra curl better than any gel I've had but I haven't had many. to rate them:

1- nutra curl, smelled fruity & hair isn't crunchy or dry.

2- eco styler olive oil, hair didn't feel dry but always frizzed out, couldn't use when it was rainy or humid.

3- la looks sport gel, (the regular one I guess, the blue one lol) this got the job done, but I just felt like my hair needed something to moisturize & help it, not just hold it down.

4- garnier fructis pure clean, I really didn't like the menthol mint smell & the stickiness & it never stood up to humidity even when I piled it on my twist outs.

my hair is light weight, bleached & loves protein but I hope I helped, I'm right with you looking for a better gel.
🐾
To be honest, I haven't found any gel that is moisturizing. Do you use a good leave in underneath? How about trying to seal your ends with a drop or two of oil before your gel? Technique and product layers play a huge part.
2c-3a - coarse - normal-high porosity - high density - growing out to donate

NP/LP: KMF Whenever Conditioner/ YTCucs
RO/LI: Sevi Pumpkin Seed DC / CJ Argan & Olive Oil, KCKT, YTBbs
DT: Coconut Oil + scalp massage
OIL/STYLER: SM Elixir / KCCC
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
No gel is truly moisturizing - one should look to one's conditioners for that, IMO. I'm fine myself with LALSG. I don't use leave-in conditioners - they just make my hair limp, even a tiny bit!
I also like Jane Carter's solutions curl cream a bit expensive but great. I also like cantu curling custard. Use the custard over your leave in. The cream you can use it alone.
i looked at the jc curl defining cream -- does the glycerin pose a problem in low dews for you?
(there are times when the formulation is enough to cancel out glycerin's impact, so just wondering??)
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]
3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
sealants - spiral solutions emollience butter, jane carter nourish & shine
Vege glycerin poses a problem for me. Not other forms of glycerin.