Refreshing KCCC

• 2 Post By ashlyndmarie

So, I'm about halfway through my first jar of KCCC. It works pretty well on the first day I use it (like after a wash). I'm not sure if it's an HG product or not but I guess Idk how to refresh it on the second day...

I normally get in the shower and then just condition my ends and then use leave-in and some KCKT on the ends and then apply the gel. The problem is then my hair just feels heavy and my curls don't pop.

Is the Spiral Spritz supposed to be the trick for that?
2B/C; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: Jane Carter Revitalizing CoWash
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Replenishing, Aubrey Organics GPB, KCKT
Leave-In: Alaffia Hair Lotion
Stylers: KCCC, Beautiful Curls Curl Cream, Giovanni Mousse, KCCC Refresher[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
I don't wet my hair down on subsequent days. I just spritz with a homemade combination that's mostly distilled water and conditioner (approx. 3:1) in a plant mister bottle in the morning *if my hair needs refreshing.* However, I do scrunch in some AVG mixed with a few drops of jojoba oil at night if my curls are losing definition; then I sleep on a silk pillowcase.

The KCSS really never seemed to do anything good for my hair, so I gave up on it after several tries at different times of year.
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008

Is the Spiral Spritz supposed to be the trick for that?
Originally Posted by russianprncss

Yes, the KC Spiral Spritz is designed to be used as a next day curl refresher for your curls. Also, it can be used anytime throughout the day when your hair needs a quick pick me up.
3B, low density, high porosity hair

Marula Oil
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker
Camille Rose Naturals Curlaide Moisture Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter
You can just mist water to refresh your curls it's cheap and does the same job as spiral spritz. You mentioned your hair is heavy and curls don't pop? Try using less products. I've had success with just kckt and kccc.
okyouwin and russianprncss like this.
I will definitely try that. KCKT doesn't tend to give me the best moisture throughout the day so I tend to use that on my ends with another leave-in. My other problem is that my hair is very thick but the strands are fine to medium, so I can't quite follow directions for fine hair nor for thick curls.

I might just go pick up some Spiral Spritz when I get my new conditioner at Target to see how that works. I've heard good things about it!
2B/C; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: Jane Carter Revitalizing CoWash
Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Island Replenishing, Aubrey Organics GPB, KCKT
Leave-In: Alaffia Hair Lotion

I think refreshing with just water depends entirely on what you used originally, how much and pattern type.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
I've been playing around with using KCCC strictly as a refresher. It works really well for me either mixed with a little conditioner and water, or just with water (the water keeps it from being too sticky) and then just smoothed and scrunched a bit. I just use a dab of KCCC. Today I'm on 4th day hair and it feels just a bit like there's too much product on, but looks great (I'm washing tonight). My main complaint about using KCCC on wet hair is that it takes so long to dry, but with the small amount I use to refresh that's not really an issue.
3a/b, F, normal porosity

I've gotten my routine down to the bare essentials, finally
Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
Leave-in: Suave Everlasting Sunshine, detangle with Denman brush
Gel: LAL Sport or Wet Look
Scrunch with flour sack towel, plop 10 minutes, air dry
Refresh with either plain water or Suave/water mix