Davines OI All in One Hair Milk

• 1 Post By JLeighs

Davines OI / All in One Milk | Birchbox
**This does contain one cone, amodimethicone.

This product has really transformed my hair. It's a milky leave-in spray. I do not ever use a LI. They always weigh my hair down. However, my stylist used this on me a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't believe how well it worked. It has made my hair silky smooth, bouncy and shiny with virtually no frizz. I use it after I shampoo, in damp hair. I do not use a rinse-out conditioner with this. I have a love-hate relationship with conditioners in the summer. I need them to detangle, but they all weigh my hair down. My stylist used this in my already conditioned hair, but he had scrubbed the life out of it with shampoo, so I needed the extra moisture. I decided to skip conditioner and use 7-8 sprays of this on my shoulder-length hair. Perfection. It gives quite a bit of slip which makes detangling super easy and gives me just the right amount of conditioning. I've been styling lately with my other new found HG, Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier (why have I never tried this before?!), and my hair is just beautiful. It's not cheap --$28 for 4.56 fl oz, but the results are so spectacular that I'm willing to pay it.

I will say that this is strongly scented. I find that it dissipates as my hair dries, but those who are sensitive to fragrance should be aware of this.
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
I liked it but the smell was soooooo strong and I could smell it all day. I just couldn't handle it.
You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
I have mixed feelings about Davine's products. Perhaps if I stumbled across that one in a swap or a sale I'd try it. I have issues with too much conditioner in summer, too.

Thanks for the rec.

Thanks for the rec.
Originally Posted by claudine191
I've tried three things now. The sea salt spray (which I like better than most I've tried. But probably it's better to just make. It is really is ridiculously expensive and after I got a small sample of Captain Blankenship I will in the future make mine like theirs, with just some aloe vera gel and EOs. That's the best SS spray I've used because it its NOT sticky.) The "This is a Curl Creme" and the iO milk. There is absolutely better stuff out there for less (CRN, OM seriously FANTASTIC products.). It works. It's nice. But I have not come across any products ever as strongly scented as these.
What do CRN and OM stand for?
claudine191 likes this.
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
Camille Rose Naturals (if I could put hearts here I would) and Original Moxie. I luuuuurve CRN Whipped Aloe gel Butter and Original Moxie's new Hold up.
Wait — are you done with Ouidad's Texture Taffy?

Originally Posted by chupie
Thanks! I just did some poking around, but both brands look like they would be too heavy for my hair. I also have to be careful with humectants in the summer.
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
Wait are you done with Ouidad's Texture Taffy?
Originally Posted by claudine191
Oh no. That's a nice second day quick styler. It's almost unbeatable for soft wave on a second day spritz down especially if I wake up late.
Originally Posted by JLeighs
You'd be totally surprised. I can't use heavy stuff either. Both the Whipped Aloe butter gel and the Hold up are *quite* light. I will say I do not have trouble with humectants though, so that could be a problem. But honestly they aren't heavy at all. They are lighter than anything else I've used. The CRN wag is the NICEST product I've ever used and just a pea size distributed through makes any product I've used work better. I suspect my hair would LOVE the the Love Moisture Milk too. I really liked Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie but shea butter builds up on me and that is also too heavy. But the CRWAG is light, not sticky, smooths through like a dream, detangles like a dream and moisturizes just right.
Originally Posted by chupie
I may have to try it then. Thanks!

Originally Posted by chupie
I may have to try it then. Thanks!
Originally Posted by JLeighs
Pretty certain you can sell it on the swap board if you don't like it but so far every wavy I know who's tried it loves it.