Walmart 100% Pure Aloe Vera Gel

I have used this on my frizzy curls and love it. I am a PJ and so have so many products that are supposed to help and don't. But I put a little of this gel between thumb and forefinger and run it down individual curls and then use it the same way on each side of my frizzy part and see a major difference in the smoothness of my curls.
I just want to make sure there are no harmful chemicals in this because according to the ingredients in my mind this is not 100% pure aloe vera gel but has a few chemicals in it.
I have searched the web and on here and other than making my hair dry, I don't see any ill effects. I will stop using it if I see signs of dryness but don't know if people mean long term dryness or just at time it is on the hair and will wash off and hair will be as before.
Can someone please advise on this specific gel? TIA Ingredients are below:

Aloe Vera Gel, triethanomine, tocopherylacetate, carbomer, dmdmhydantoin, diazoudinl urea, plus stabilizers and preservatives to ensure potency and efficacy.
Can someone please advise on this specific gel? TIA Ingredients are below:

Originally Posted by CurlyInParadise
The Fruit of The Earth Gel definitely isn't 100% pure. As it is filled with fillers of course. Also, there is no stamp on it saying that the aloe vera gel used in it is 100% certified organic either. I have tried it in my hair. It provided my hair with a medium hold. However, with continued use it dried my hair out. So i tried using Lily of the Desert's Aloe Vera Jelly as an alternative. That product has certified organic aloe vera in it, but it too has fillers in it as well. That stuff provided more hold to my hair than the Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel did. However, it flaked in my hair and dried it out.

I am glad to hear that you love this gel. As, it is great when you find something that works for your hair, Unfortunately, my experience with the Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel wasn't a positive one. However, i am sure that there are others here that have tried this gel in their hair, and it would be good for them to share their personal experience with the product as well.
3B natural hair

Current Regimen: Daily Bunning

Products currently using:
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo
Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Conditioner ( I do use it with steam)
Protein Conditioner- Tresemme Keratin Smooth Conditioner (I do use it with steam.)
Shea Moisture Transtioning Milk
Pre-Poo Treatment- I switch between Regular and Extra Dark JBCO ( The lines I use from are - Jamaican Mango & Lime, Tropic Isle Living, and Sunny Isle)

Last edited by Reservechic; 07-08-2014 at 08:57 AM.