-   -   Question about soft hood dryer if you have one (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/173497-question-about-soft-hood-dryer-if-you-have-one.html)

curlypearl 07-14-2014 06:25 AM

Question about soft hood dryer if you have one

Is this better than a diffuser? Does it make a difference in how well your curls set compared with a diffuser?

I can't buy a hard hood dryer because I don't have the space for it or a proper place to set it up in terms of height.

I'm cross posting this in the general section. Thanks for any responses!

KaZenner1990 07-14-2014 07:25 AM

I just got mine but I haven't tried it yet. I worry that it will be too hot and it might melt?? I might over react though.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App

curlypearl 07-14-2014 08:21 AM

Thanks for responding Kazenner1990.

When you have tried it, will you please post back with your impressions? Do you like it, yes/no, and why.

Thanks! :hello2:

KaZenner1990 07-14-2014 09:32 AM

By all means I will don't worry!!!

[Properties for mobile users]
M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing old color

KaZenner1990 07-17-2014 04:48 PM

Just tried it on second day hair!!!
Waaaaaaay better than diffusing. Less wonky curl shapes and not uncomfortable hot feeling. My curls were looser but that could be 2 things. I noticed only slight frizz.

1.I dyed my hair yesterday and it needs some time to recover.
2.Second day hair always lacks clumping and hold.

[Properties for mobile users]
M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing color and heat damage.

curlypearl 07-18-2014 07:59 AM

Thanks for following-up KaZenner. I'm very tempted to get one! I know I'll cave in within the week.

KaZenner1990 07-21-2014 07:19 AM

I hope I managed to give you info fast. Tried it yesterday on full wet hair. Omg zero frizz. I think I should have dried my hair a bit more and I had it for close to 15 minutes. I would say my hair was 50% dry.

[Properties for mobile users]
M+C/ii, high porosity, medium elasticity, growing out color and heat damage.